HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pittsburgh-Atlanta

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2009, 05:56 PM
  #1
sportsman4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 36
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh-Atlanta

How about this:
Pittsburgh trades
Ryan Whitney
Jordan Staal
Caputi
1st Round Pick
Atlanta Trades:
Ilya Kovalchuck

Salries work and it gives pittsburgh easily the most dangerous group of forwards in the NHL while giving atlanta a future #1 center in Staal, top pairing dman in whitney, a first rounder and a high end prospect

sportsman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:58 PM
  #2
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
I've got a better idea.

Let's not do this...from either side.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
  #3
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsman4 View Post
How about this:
Pittsburgh trades
Ryan Whitney
Jordan Staal
Caputi
1st Round Pick

Atlanta Trades:
Ilya Kovalchuck

Salries work and it gives pittsburgh easily the most dangerous group of forwards in the NHL while giving atlanta a future #1 center in Staal, top pairing dman in whitney, a first rounder and a high end prospect
Not too bad, value wise... But I really don't see Staal as a future #1 center. I think this thread will be Pens fans saying overpayment and Thrashers fans saying under payment.


I think Kovy stays in ATL.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:06 PM
  #4
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Clam and Tomato
 
Rowdy Roddy Peeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 45,576
vCash: 500
Does it come with lube for Pittsburgh?

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:07 PM
  #5
Luigi Lemieux
Registered User
 
Luigi Lemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,333
vCash: 500
no from pittsburgh...most i'd go is staal+whitney, and even then kovalchuk would have to sign long term for it to go through. if that's not enough, then pass, i'd rather keep our players.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:13 PM
  #6
TerminatorBlue
Registered User
 
TerminatorBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
Isn't Kovalchuck a free agent after next season?As good as Kovalchuck is if I was Atlanta I would do this and run.

TerminatorBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
  #7
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,260
vCash: 500
Pretty awful for the Pens. Trading their best puck mover (who doesn't have a NTC) signed at a good price till 2013, their 3rd best forwards who is 20 and also has a good contract till 2013, their best forward prospect, and a 1st rounder, for a guy who could walk after the end of next season doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
  #8
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
their not Trading Jordan Staal yet

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:26 PM
  #9
embracedbias
Registered User
 
embracedbias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 500
How about use spaces?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
  #10
Okposofan21
Registered User
 
Okposofan21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 934
vCash: 500
Atlanta just gave Kovalchuck the C. I don't think they'll trade him just yet especially if they can land John Tavares this summer.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:31 PM
  #11
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood
 
Ragamuffin Gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
Atlanta just gave Kovalchuck the C. I don't think they'll trade him just yet especially if they can land John Tavares this summer.
Atl would be stupid not to accept this deal. It would make their rebuild much much shorter.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:56 PM
  #12
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,152
vCash: 500
Taking away young quality players, our top prospect, and our first round pick.


Sign me the **** up.


The Pens need a winger, but they aren't going to deplete their entire organization to do so. The quicker HF posters figure that out, the quicker these asinine proposals cease

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
  #13
Get To Our Game
Registered User
 
Get To Our Game's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 5,192
vCash: 500
So if the Pens gave up too much for Hossa/Dupuis, what is this?

Get To Our Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:07 PM
  #14
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir150 View Post
So if the Pens gave up too much for Hossa/Dupuis, what is this?
Not a rental deal? I'd say Kovy is a better fit for the Pens as well. Pair him with Crosby and it would be magical.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:10 PM
  #15
Pelican Peach Pen
BTR-ATL Pen
 
Pelican Peach Pen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA & GA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Not a rental deal? I'd say Kovy is a better fit for the Pens as well. Pair him with Crosby and it would be magical.
********! The Pens would be worse after this deal and if Kovalchuk decided to leave, this would further open the East up for teams like Boston and Philly.

NOT DOING THAT ANYTIME SOON my friend.

Pelican Peach Pen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:15 PM
  #16
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
Not a rental deal? I'd say Kovy is a better fit for the Pens as well. Pair him with Crosby and it would be magical.
No he isn't. Hossa was a match made in heaven for the Pens.

Kovalchuk would be great, but I would rather have Hossa.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:55 PM
  #17
Alex28*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
No he isn't. Hossa was a match made in heaven for the Pens.

Kovalchuk would be great, but I would rather have Hossa.
Then you're crazy

Kovalchuk is the 2nd highest scorer since the lockout and plays a more physical game than Hossa. He's 25 years old and already had 2 50 and 2 40 goal seasons and 516 points up until now. Arguably top 5 player in the league, definitely top 10.

He's worth a lot more than Hossa. Staal + Whitney + 1st easily, assuming he resigns. And even then Atlanta laughs at that deal. If he finds chemistry with Malkin he's likely a 60-70 goal player, given what he's been putting up in Atlanta. Malkin's numbers go up even higher as well. What you're trading for is essentially the next best sniper there is in the game after Ovechkin.

Alex28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
  #18
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Then you're crazy

Kovalchuk is the 2nd highest scorer since the lockout and plays a more physical game than Hossa. He's 25 years old and already had 2 50 and 2 40 goal seasons and 516 points up until now. Arguably top 5 player in the league, definitely top 10.

He's worth a lot more than Hossa. Staal + Whitney + 1st easily, assuming he resigns. And even then Atlanta laughs at that deal. If he finds chemistry with Malkin he's likely a 60-70 goal player, given what he's been putting up in Atlanta. Malkin's numbers go up even higher as well. What you're trading for is essentially the next best sniper there is in the game after Ovechkin.
The game isn't all about goals, sir.

Hossa is the most complete winger in the game.

Everything you can say about Kovalchuk can be said about Hoss.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:35 PM
  #19
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatonRougePen View Post
********! The Pens would be worse after this deal and if Kovalchuk decided to leave, this would further open the East up for teams like Boston and Philly.

NOT DOING THAT ANYTIME SOON my friend.
Not saying it's fair. Just saying you're gonna have to pay more for Kovy considering age and contract status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
No he isn't. Hossa was a match made in heaven for the Pens.

Kovalchuk would be great, but I would rather have Hossa.
I don't know. Hossa is more complete, but Kovy+Crosby would easily be the best 1/2 punch in the NHL.... Offensively at least.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:36 PM
  #20
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,746
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
too much from pittsburgh.

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:53 PM
  #21
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
I don't know. Hossa is more complete, but Kovy+Crosby would easily be the best 1/2 punch in the NHL.... Offensively at least.
Hossa and Crosby were the best 1-2 punch in the playoffs last year. That isn't a hypothetical answer either. That is fact.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
  #22
Gooch
Registered User
 
Gooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 14,120
vCash: 500
yay pittsburgh gets to gut its team so that they can add yet another superstar with even less of a support cast!!

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 09:57 PM
  #23
Nikita Filatov*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Hossa and Crosby were the best 1-2 punch in the playoffs last year. That isn't a hypothetical answer either. That is fact.
And I wont disagree with that. But offensively, Kovy/Cros would be better.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
  #24
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsman4 View Post
How about this:
Pittsburgh trades
Ryan Whitney
Jordan Staal
Caputi
1st Round Pick
Atlanta Trades:
Ilya Kovalchuck

Salries work and it gives pittsburgh easily the most dangerous group of forwards in the NHL while giving atlanta a future #1 center in Staal, top pairing dman in whitney, a first rounder and a high end prospect
How about no thanks. That's a massive overpayment from the Pens for a guy that could walk after next season. There is something to be said about long term contracts and two young players and a prospect that is developing extremely well in the AHL that SHOULD NOT be moved.

I like Ilya but I don't like him at the expense of that kind of package. PASS.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 10:16 PM
  #25
vcx*
 
vcx*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Penguins Fan
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita Filatov View Post
And I wont disagree with that. But offensively, Kovy/Cros would be better.
Would be, should be, could be...

Shero thought Satan would be a good fit for Crosby as well. I'd rather not see Shero take that chance to dump a lot of depth for 1 player that has 1 more year on his deal that could realistically walk and Shero would be screwed again.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.