HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oiler-Flyer Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2004, 11:38 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
fair value wise or not, I don't see the Oilers having any interest in moving Brewer right now without getting a current top-2 dman (not a guy who *might* be in a few years) back.

Their defense isn't deep to begin with... and their #2 Jason Smith is hitting UFA status after this season... trading Brewer would be a huge risk on an already weak - depth wise - blueline.

They have one injury to their top 4 and they are already hurting even more... as it is they need Woywitka to step up soon...

at the same time they are stocked in terms of prospects up front... while Carter is likely a better prospect than all of them, they are still just prospects at this point, and shouldn't be relied on.

Carter's value also IMO is being blown out of proportion... he's a good prospect no doubt... but Brewer is still very young, and already playing like a top 2 dman... the guy is solid at both ends, and should still continue to get better - most dmen do continue their development into their early 30s.

Old
08-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
fair value wise or not, I don't see the Oilers having any interest in moving Brewer right now without getting a current top-2 dman (not a guy who *might* be in a few years) back.

Their defense isn't deep to begin with... and their #2 Jason Smith is hitting UFA status after this season... trading Brewer would be a huge risk on an already weak - depth wise - blueline.

They have one injury to their top 4 and they are already hurting even more... as it is they need Woywitka to step up soon...

at the same time they are stocked in terms of prospects up front... while Carter is likely a better prospect than all of them, they are still just prospects at this point, and shouldn't be relied on.

Carter's value also IMO is being blown out of proportion... he's a good prospect no doubt... but Brewer is still very young, and already playing like a top 2 dman... the guy is solid at both ends, and should still continue to get better - most dmen do continue their development into their early 30s.

absolutely agree!

Old
08-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
don't even say Ryan Smyth
The only Smyth proposals I'd ever do would be to the Ducks and for top-notch prospects. I'd never include him in something to Philly.

Closed Thread