HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary needs a top flight centre!

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2004, 01:05 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Arnason has put up respectable numbers on a wretched, last place team. Reinprecht has produced on a perennial contender. To be sure, some here will drag out the old, insufferable "he leeched off of Forsberg and Sakic!" card , but I'll take a guy who performs in a pressure situation everytime over a guy on a team playing for nothing.

That's nothing against Arnason, just raising a factor that should be considered.

Old
08-10-2004, 01:12 PM
JimEIV

Imagine Scott Gomez Working with Iginla??? Wow!

Old
08-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Frankly, the suggestion that he definitely will beyond any shadow of a doubt get 50 is ridiculous and, yeah, I still think you are being pretty arrogant. The arrogance here is not making firm predictions, but it is ignoring anybody who has a countering opinion in a incredulous manner. You have to be extremely biased (which you may well be, I don't know) if you are not willing to admit that injuries are at least something of a concern with this player, and might well preclude him from emerging as a reliable top six player.
Look at the number of posts you've made in this thread. Why is this of such enormous importance to you? If this were about a player from the Islanders, or a division rival, it might be understood. If this were about, say, Jason Weimer, who's played for both team, there'd be some personal interest.

Just observing this, it brings up a lot of the same debates that have taken place, on this board, for years. "Your guy isn't as good as you think!" "You underrate my guy!" "I know what this player's true value is..." Who cares? Serious discussions are being flushed down the toilet. Except for scouts, who've followed him extensively, only dedicated (and honest) Avs & Flames fans would be able to have any kind of accurate assessment on Reinprecht's skills & abilities. Realistically, not too many fans, of other teams, actually seen him play much over the course of his career.

Old
08-10-2004, 01:22 PM
looooob

Quote:
I think he is seeing Arnason as a "considerable upgrade" because he has produced more at a younger age, and Handzus because of his two-way game. I don't agree with that poster, but the position is defensible.
I understand where he was coming from, I just disagree with the characterization of 'considerable' upgrade

Arnason, yes he's produced at a young age (although he's not 'super' young for a sophmore). he's put up some big numbers on a bad team. I'd argue that's easy and hard at the same time. Also I think some rumors that he's butted heads with Brian Sutter (could be wrong) would be a red flag for CGY

Handzus. Well I like him alot. would like it if he was a Flame, although not sold on his skating. but if we're talking a guy to be a number one C, I don't see offensive skills that are considerably ahead of Reinprecht

Reinprecht has produced OK, while fighting for icetime in Colorado (which isn't a slam dunk I may add). He's won a cup, that's nice. And I'm not convinced he was always playing with Forsberg or Sakic...I thought he spent much of his last year in Denver with McAmmond and Vrbata, but again I could be wrong

Arnason and Handzus are nice players, quite possibly both better than Reinprecht...simply didn't view them as 'considerable' upgrades...if the Flames are looking for a 'considerable' upgrade then what they should be targeting is a bonafide number 1 center...something those guys aren't at this point, anymore than Reinprecht (in my opinion)

Old
08-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher
Yes, he was on a 50 point pace last year.

But, did he get 50 points? You can't argue that anybody is "out to lunch" when they say a player won't hit a plateau, after that player continually misses that mark.

And,btw, it is not just that he'll miss a significant chunk of games that concerns me. I don't think it is all that easy to come off the IR and be productive. I think injuries are going to have a big impact on his development, that goes beyond the points scroed. I think that is the main reason why this talented player has not emerged as a more productive scorer yet.

Old
08-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
Look at the number of posts you've made in this thread. Why is this of such enormous importance to you? If this were about a player from the Islanders, or a division rival, it might be understood. If this were about, say, Jason Weimer, who's played for both team, there'd be some personal interest.

Just observing this, it brings up a lot of the same debates that have taken place, on this board, for years. "Your guy isn't as good as you think!" "You underrate my guy!" "I know what this player's true value is..." Who cares? Serious discussions are being flushed down the toilet. Except for scouts, who've followed him extensively, only dedicated (and honest) Avs & Flames fans would be able to have any kind of accurate assessment on Reinprecht's skills & abilities. Realistically, not too many fans, of other teams, actually seen him play much over the course of his career.

LOL. You are rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters, Badger Bob.

Agree. We were both being silly and some players can only be accurate assessed by those fans who get to observe the players carefully. And, in the case of most Calgary fans (like FDW and yourself) we have some pretty knowledgable observers.

Old
08-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
LOL. You are rapidly becoming one of my favorite posters, Badger Bob.

Agree. We were both being silly and some players can only be accurate assessed by those fans who get to observe the players carefully. And, in the case of most Calgary fans (like FDW and yourself) we have some pretty knowledgable observers.
Every once in a while, we all need a little reality check.

Closed Thread