HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#49 -- Flyers at Blues -- January 31, 2009 -- 8:30 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2009, 05:20 PM
  #76
FlyHigh
Registered User
 
FlyHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 28,156
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Nitty got lucky as hell last night, even discounting the 2 disallowed goals, he was leaving some juicy rebounds. He certainly played well, but I didn't think it was an epic performance or anything.

I like the guy's talent, he definitely has No.1 starter ability, but I'd still be VERY leery about giving him that No.1 job. I'd love for the Flyers to retain him though, he can play a solid 30 games or so.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
  #77
bennysflyers16
Registered User
 
bennysflyers16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 16,542
vCash: 50
Go Flyers , off to watch the UFC, going to have to watch later on PVR.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 05:37 PM
  #78
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'd love for the Flyers to retain him though, he can play a solid 30 games or so.
I feel the same way.

Can we afford (cap wise) to resign both Biron and Niitty this offseason? and maybe more importantly would Nitty want to play second fiddle to Biron for another season? I read a little piece on FA goalies coming up this offseason and sounds like Thomas, Backstrom and Fernandez will be the only notable FAs and that Fernandez is the only one likely to actually hit the market.

IF we get rid of Biron and keep Niitty, would Fernandez be a good option? Would Fernandez even be an upgrade? He's 34 and his career numbers are almost identical to Biron's in terms of GAA and SV%.

Any others out there? Young goalies worth trading for that are viable?

My guess is that both Biron and Niitty both get one year contracts and we push this problem to 2010 offseason.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
  #79
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Go Niitty! This kind of scares me though we're starting him back to back. His rebound control is almost, slim to none.

back to work...i'm gonna be late ha! my badddd.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:29 PM
  #80
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,916
vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Go Niitty! This kind of scares me though we're starting him back to back. His rebound control is almost, slim to none.
It's amazing how our goalies come in here and regress with their rebound control.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:36 PM
  #81
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's amazing how our goalies come in here and regress with their rebound control.
Lemelin

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:38 PM
  #82
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
That's fine, and I can see that talk starting to heat up. But I will be scared ****less going into the playoffs with that guy as my goalie.

If they're serious about giving him the starting job, can we see him win some games against the best teams over the next month first? He'll blow it. Always does.
Dont want to get in an argument cause being honest I think they both suck.... but in the last Biron vs Nitty thread I did research and came to the conclusion (and posted on the thread) that Nitty and Biron have played most of the same teams, Biron playing maybe 2-3 different teams then Nitty has played, due to the fact that he has started many more games. At the moment though I would like to see Nitty play against stronger teams. Biron's past 5 teams though were as weak as Nitty's. Personally I think we need a stronger goalie.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:41 PM
  #83
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Dont want to get in an argument cause being honest I think they both suck.... but in the last Biron vs Nitty thread I did research and came to the conclusion (and posted on the thread) that Nitty and Biron have played most of the same teams, Biron playing maybe 2-3 different teams then Nitty has played, due to the fact that he has started many more games. At the moment though I would like to see Nitty play against stronger teams. Biron's past 5 teams though were as weak as Nitty's. Personally I think we need a stronger goalie.
I agree. I don't think either one is a Cup worthy goalie unless they are on some sort of crazy hot streak like Biron was in the first two rounds of last year's playoffs. I don't want to go into the playoffs just praying for a hot streak though, I want a goalie that plays at a high level consistantly.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:46 PM
  #84
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Dont want to get in an argument cause being honest I think they both suck.... but in the last Biron vs Nitty thread I did research and came to the conclusion (and posted on the thread) that Nitty and Biron have played most of the same teams, Biron playing maybe 2-3 different teams then Nitty has played, due to the fact that he has started many more games. At the moment though I would like to see Nitty play against stronger teams. Biron's past 5 teams though were as weak as Nitty's. Personally I think we need a stronger goalie.
Agreed, fully.
Though Niitty is a great 1/2 tweener.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:02 PM
  #85
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,142
vCash: 500
I just heard that Jones was a late scratch because of the flu, can anyone confirm???

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:11 PM
  #86
South Beach
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 353
vCash: 500
yes,it was reported on csn.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:13 PM
  #87
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
yes,it was reported on csn.
Wow you randomly came on to say that... cause it was Jones...


Thanks Jones!!!

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
  #88
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,470
vCash: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
I feel the same way.

Can we afford (cap wise) to resign both Biron and Niitty this offseason? and maybe more importantly would Nitty want to play second fiddle to Biron for another season? I read a little piece on FA goalies coming up this offseason and sounds like Thomas, Backstrom and Fernandez will be the only notable FAs and that Fernandez is the only one likely to actually hit the market.

IF we get rid of Biron and keep Niitty, would Fernandez be a good option? Would Fernandez even be an upgrade? He's 34 and his career numbers are almost identical to Biron's in terms of GAA and SV%.

Any others out there? Young goalies worth trading for that are viable?

My guess is that both Biron and Niitty both get one year contracts and we push this problem to 2010 offseason.
His health is a concern.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:28 PM
  #89
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
I just heard that Jones was a late scratch because of the flu, can anyone confirm???
that damn flu bug

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:31 PM
  #90
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
ATDHE again has the stream of the opposing team

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
  #91
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Leafs leading the Pens 2-1 after Antropov scored on the PP.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:33 PM
  #92
TheDrizzle81
Registered User
 
TheDrizzle81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Marlton NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,357
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Jones and Coburn out with the flu, and unless Stevens is a total ass hat, that means Sbisa gets playing time again

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
  #93
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
^ Thank god at least Sbisa can get some playing time

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:35 PM
  #94
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Jones and Coburn out with the flu, and unless Stevens is a total ass hat, that means Sbisa gets playing time again
Did Kukkonen travel with the team or does that mean we only have 5 D-men tonight?

Kimmo clocking 30 minutes tonight?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:37 PM
  #95
Winston Wolf
Registered User
 
Winston Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 7,501
vCash: 500
Does anyone have a link to a stream of the game? Thanks.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:37 PM
  #96
chaosof99*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Does anyone have a link to a stream of the game? Thanks.
http://atdhe.net/live-tv-2.php?i=738
Blues commentary though.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
  #97
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,470
vCash: 1433
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Did Kukkonen travel with the team or does that mean we only have 5 D-men tonight?

Kimmo clocking 30 minutes tonight?
He'd travel for practice reasons and situations like this.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:38 PM
  #98
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,916
vCash: 5792
Ponikarovsky scores.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
  #99
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Kukkonen and Sbisa?
Wow

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:39 PM
  #100
ForsbergIsOdin
Registered User
 
ForsbergIsOdin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Asgaard
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Oh man, I AM ****IN PUMPED FOR SOME FLYERS HOCKEY

ForsbergIsOdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.