HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Nikulin called up from San Antonio

Old
01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Well, we do have two of our top 6 forwards out. Calling up Perrault and Nikulin indicates to me that Mueller could be out a while. Reinprecht we know is out 4 -6 weeks.

February is going to be tough.

Some good news at least

http://coyotes.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ticleid=407090

Quote:
REINPRECHT'S INJURY NOT TOO SEVERE
Dave Vest
Jan 31, 2009, 2:32 PM EST

The Coyotes are expecting center Steven Reinprecht to return from a shoulder injury in about two weeks, Head Coach Wayne Gretzky said after Saturday's morning skate. Tests on the injured shoulder conducted Friday afternoon revealed less damage than the team originally feared.

mouser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:30 PM
ParisSaintGermain

It is probably a stupid idea but I would like to see Nikulin play... I always enjoy the first game of a Coyote player!

ParisSaintGermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:36 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisSaintGermain View Post
It is probably a stupid idea but I would like to see Nikulin play... I always enjoy the first game of a Coyote player!
I agree. They called him up, they might as well give him a game or two before they send him back down.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:38 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I agree. They called him up, they might as well give him a game or two before they send him back down.
...particularly considering how flaky he has proven to be in terms of his likelihood to stick around North America.

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:46 PM
TJinAZ

I would like to see him as well

I have seen Joel play... I want to see the new kid.

I would actually like to see a Tiki - Enver - Nikulin line for a couple of shifts.

He and Lisin are friends and maybe seeing what Enver is doing and getting some first hand info on how the big club works may turn him around. We don't have too much invested in hims so even if he leaves it doesn't hurt us too much but if it turns out he and Enver have some chemistry it would be a nice bonus.

TJinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:49 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
...particularly considering how flaky he has proven to be in terms of his likelihood to stick around North America.
Well, if he's going to go to the KHL if they send him down again this year, I'd let him. If he doesn't want to play in SA, I don't want him there.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 05:00 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
They probably want to roll with at least 13 forwards for awhile with players dropping like flies.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Well, if he's going to go to the KHL if they send him down again this year, I'd let him. If he doesn't want to play in SA, I don't want him there.
According to his blog, he's going to honor the rest of his contract which expires at the end of this season regardless of whether he plays for PHX or SA.

The Coyotes need to see what he's got to decide if he's part of their future. With so many injuries, this is a good time to play him. I hope to see him out there tonight.

Art.Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:17 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
2 weeks isn't bad...but then it's not a separated shoulder, b/c no one comes back that quick after separating anything. good news

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:22 PM
SH1VERmeT1MBERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJF View Post
I think if we called up Porter in addition to Perrault, that would offset Rhino and Mueller. I may be the only one that thinks that, but i think porter is a bit of a rhino protege and perrault's offense is comparable to muellers (at least at this stage of their careers with Perrault being older than mueller). Look at the impact JP has had on San Antonio this year - that's impact player right there.

BTW, did anyone see the hit on mueller?? Who got him?
Yes...you are. Man, do you try at this crap, or does it just come natural?

SH1VERmeT1MBERS is offline   Reply With Quote