HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win with a comeback!

Old
01-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
He did indeed.

Lats bumped him on the other side. Even the irrational haters will have to admit he's good for something.
/drool, can't wait to watch tomorrow's game.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
So did A Kost play RW?
Yes, my brother in arms, he did, and he played a very good game at both ends of the ice

Might miss the game tomorrow. Might be too busy rejoicing at this sudden turn around in lines from Carbo

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:31 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Yes, my brother in arms, he did, and he played a very good game at both ends of the ice

Might miss the game tomorrow. Might be too busy rejoicing at this sudden turn around in lines from Carbo
Yes he did, I brought this up before, but no one acknowledged it.... Andrei seems to play better in the defensive zone on the right than on the left. Each time the puck came to him along the boards near the defensive blueline, he made a nice pass to chip it out of the zone, but always has trouble on the left. He looks more comfortable, each pass he made Lats from the right, put him in an open position, I think he should stay there.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:35 PM
Chomsky

Quote:

/grouphug

Finally you guys! I've never lost faith!

Old
01-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Yes he did, I brought this up before, but no one acknowledged it.... Andrei seems to play better in the defensive zone on the right than on the left. Each time the puck came to him along the boards near the defensive blueline, he made a nice pass to chip it out of the zone, but always has trouble on the left. He looks more comfortable, each pass he made Lats from the right, put him in an open position, I think he should stay there.
Although it was only one game, and one where players would be under pressure to step up their games, there were certainly some encouraging signs from him tonight. The thing I noticed about his defensive work tonight was the cover he provided for teammates. In the first, there were a couple of times he got real low in the D zone to support the back line and on one occasion was right there to take the puck away when it popped loose. If he keeps doing that then he will get more chances to start rushing the puck up ice which I'd like to see him do more of. Then at the end of the 2nd, he made sure he tied up his man when the guy in question drove the net on the type of play some guys have not bothered with lately. If he can play like that regularly on the right, that is an arguement in itself for him to play that wing, let alone his highlight reel goals that come from that side, the fact he is able to cut in and shoot quicker and is open for one timers as well.

It might just be one game, hopefully Carbo gives him plenty of chances to prove that isn't the case. Tonight, he looked like he did when he was on fire in Hamilton his 3rd year. Shocking to think that the guy is barely in the top 15 on the team in terms of average ice time this year (7th forward on the team in that stat). Just imagine how good he could be if he got a regular shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
/grouphug

Finally you guys! I've never lost faith!
Rejoicing for all

Old
01-31-2009, 10:49 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
What do Kings fans know about hockey anyways? Go watch the Lakers and Clippers.
Why in gods name would anyone want to watch the Clippers?

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Although it was only one game, and one where players would be under pressure to step up their games, there were certainly some encouraging signs from him tonight. The thing I noticed about his defensive work tonight was the cover he provided for teammates. In the first, there were a couple of times he got real low in the D zone to support the back line and on one occasion was right there to take the puck away when it popped loose. If he keeps doing that then he will get more chances to start rushing the puck up ice which I'd like to see him do more of. Then at the end of the 2nd, he made sure he tied up his man when the guy in question drove the net on the type of play some guys have not bothered with lately. If he can play like that regularly on the right, that is an arguement in itself for him to play that wing, let alone his highlight reel goals that come from that side, the fact he is able to cut in and shoot quicker and is open for one timers as well.

It might just be one game, hopefully Carbo gives him plenty of chances to prove that isn't the case. Tonight, he looked like he did when he was on fire in Hamilton his 3rd year. Shocking to think that the guy is barely in the top 15 on the team in terms of average ice time this year (7th forward on the team in that stat). Just imagine how good he could be if he got a regular shift

Rejoicing for all
Thanks for the report, I missed most of the game as I was at work (we found an old colour toshiba tv to watch the 2nd and 3rd), so I didn't get to see Andrei a lot. Good to know he's playing better defensively. I'm sure that if Carbo works with him personally he could help polishing his defensive play and perhaps we could have our own Hossa one day.

Old
01-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Why in gods name would anyone want to watch the Clippers?
I ask myself why anyone would want to watch the leafs everyday, yet leaf fans year after year shell out thousands. Some people are just crazy.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Kovy was our worst forward tonight.
Really disappointing performance.

How many freaking turnovers can he cause in the defensive zone ?
We were used to his turnovers in the offensive zone but now he's doing it everywhere.
He's been doing it all year man, All year long. If Gainey was smart he'd move Kovalev this so called "great talent" He doesn't even use his linemates, everytime he has the puck you know it's going to be an individual play IF he has it in the neutral zone. If he's past the red line with the puck all on his own he will try to go against 3-4 guys

Also for someone so big and strong he's pretty bad at digging the puck out of the corners...

If only Kovalev had the drive of an Gorges or Bouillon... imagine!

Kovalev is a glorified Sergei Berezin...

I don't hate Kovalev, I just want the preferential treatment towards him to stop, the man is overrated like it is nobodies business, much like Souray was when he was here, people forgetting The General is the one who pulls the strings again. Kovalev would do well to play with more intensity otherwise I don't really see how he's a good influence on the kids. If anything he's a bad influence on Sergei, who's stuck between playing like Koivu and Samsonov

He needs to take a long look in the mirror and step up. We need everyone going.

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:27 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
He's been doing it all year man, All year long. If Gainey was smart he'd move Kovalev this so called "great talent" He doesn't even use his linemates, everytime he has the puck you know it's going to be an individual play IF he has it in the neutral zone. If he's past the red line with the puck all on his own he will try to go against 3-4 guys

Also for someone so big and strong he's pretty bad at digging the puck out of the corners...

If only Kovalev had the drive of an Gorges or Bouillon... imagine!

Kovalev is a glorified Sergei Berezin...

I don't hate Kovalev, I just want the preferential treatment towards him to stop, the man is overrated like it is nobodies business, much like Souray was when he was here, people forgetting The General is the one who pulls the strings again. Kovalev would do well to play with more intensity otherwise I don't really see how he's a good influence on the kids. If anything he's a bad influence on Sergei, who's stuck between playing like Koivu and Samsonov

He needs to take a long look in the mirror and step up. We need everyone going.
I have my hopes for him, he always shows up in the playoffs regardless of the regular season he's had. Remember when they first got him? 3 points in 12 games (one empty netter) but then 10 points in 11 playoff games.

Though we can say he's playing alright. This is not the Kovalev of last year but it's certainly not the Kovalev of two years ago. He's not costing the Habs any games and he's still chipping in.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:30 AM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I have my hopes for him, he always shows up in the playoffs regardless of the regular season he's had. Remember when they first got him? 3 points in 12 games (one empty netter) but then 10 points in 11 playoff games.

Though we can say he's playing alright. This is not the Kovalev of last year but it's certainly not the Kovalev of two years ago. He's not costing the Habs any games and he's still chipping in.
He has also been responsible defensively, as a matter of fact, he has been one of our best defensive forwards.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:07 AM
Luongo2008*

No the Habs didn't deserve the victory, LA deserved at least 1 point.....True. But I don't feel sorry for the Kings one bit. How many times did Montreal get screwed and deserve to win and got nothing to show for it? Anyway LA has Calder and Gauthier to thank for it.

Gauthier is a dirty S.O.B. He had the nerve to say he didn't know what it looked like and would have to watch the replay after the game. ppppfffftttttt *******!!! If anyone knows, its him!!! He left his feet and directed a blatant elbow to Gorges head!!!!

What pisses me off even more was that NOBODY!!!!!!!!! went after Gauthier!!!! Teams know that when facing Montreal, they can take liberties at running Price, Halak or anyone else for that matter and NOBODY will do a damn thing about it!!! I for one am fed up!!!

No Uwey, all is NOT well in Montreal now. The whole city is pissed off and not satisfied with the whole team. We realize that if they keep this up, they risk missing the playoffs. We also realize that if the playoffs started tomorrow, we would be lucky to get by the first round.

vs Boston? Lose
vs Washington? Lose
vs Devils? Lose
vs Flyers? Lose
vs Pens? Probably Lose
vs Rangers? 50/50 chance
vs Canes? Probably Lose
vs Panthers? Probably Lose
vs Sabres? 50/50 chance

Not looking so good right now. I've been saying all along THIS TEAM NEEDS MORE SIZE AND STRENGTH, TEAM TOUGHNESS, GRIT, AND PLAYERS THAT PLAY WITH JAM!!!

I hate Chris Neil too, but right now I think he would help Montreal in a 7 game series vs the Pooh or Flyers ALOT more than Thomas Plekanec! I've said it before, and will say it again, WE DO NOT NEED THOMAS PLEKANEC!!!!! He is small, and when a game is rough plays on the perimeters. He is scared ****less!! Listen, when a player comes out and says he plays like a little girl HIMSELF, what does that say? Only thing is, I really don't think his stock is worth too much anymore, neither that of Higgins. Don't think for one minute that other GM's around the league don't see what we see.

This team needs to get bigger and stronger for the playoffs. Neil, or Brendan Witt on D, or Sean O'Donnell, even that ***** Colby Armstrong who is not physically very big, but plays big would help this team. I don't know who is available out there, but to me it looks more and more like the JaBo, Kaberle, or Vinny's big names just isn't gonna happen. So rather than try to make the big splash, why don't we just add some character role type players and get tougher?

If Montreal wants to get serious and get a defense coach, his name is Larry Robinson. He is a little familiar with Montreal and how to play defense. I think Bob may know him.
Brisebois as coach is not even a bad joke IMO.

Bruins tomorrow? I think it's going to be ugly if you're a Montreal fan. The way the habs have been playing for the past couple weeks now has me worried. I see Boston going up 3-0 pretty quickly and Montreal giving up again....just like the time Boston beat them 6-1 and Florida 5-1.

Personally, I don't want Montreal to finish in 1st. It means absolutely nothing. They did last year and the 8th seed took them seven games in the first round and lost to the 7th seed in five games in the second round. Let Boston grind it out for 82 games and face a hot Buffalo or Florida team. And Boston hasn't had their slump yet either.

I don't care if Montreal finishes 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th. I just don't want 8th for obvious reasons. That of course as long as they could add some size and grit to the roster before April. If they don't, they'll be golfing after game 5.

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:17 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
How ignorant are you? Latendresse wins more battles along the boards than half of our forwards combined. Latendresse's best asset is his battling and play along the boards. It creates a lot of chances for the Lapierre line, and whichever line he is on.
im going to strongly, strongly agree with this

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Slick Nick

This team is painfull to watch.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlack87 View Post
And is that why Higgins said after the game that he "got away with one."?
If you get one armed by Higgins you should be in the minors.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:45 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
Seems to me he has been the 6th D man all year.
He was the 7th dman but with Komisarek's injury and O'Byrne's regression he got into more games than expected.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Anyone notice that tsn had 5 montreal goals in the boxscore?

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
Anyone notice that tsn had 5 montreal goals in the boxscore?

LULZ, they kept Markov as a goal scorer while adding Koivu.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:27 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
If you get one armed by Higgins you should be in the minors.
Maybe Higgins learned that one from Robert Lang? He did the same thing in the 03-04 playoffs against the Preds (starting at 0:35 mark of the video below). It was Dan Hamhuis getting floored then.

Old
02-01-2009, 09:16 AM
la25ecoupe

Ouch..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:08 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post

Ouch..
this guy will never learn, he has no respect for other players. he is such an idiot !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Taupy

By the way, who was on the ice when Gorges got hit?

Taupy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:43 AM
TroyM

I remember seeing Lats and Bouillon for sure. Obviously Gorges was the other D. Can't remember the two forwards though other than Lats... I think Plekanec might have been the Center, and maybe Andrei or Sergei? Not sure on the last two though.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote