HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2/1/09 Boston @ Montreal 2PM EST RDS (HD), CBC (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2009, 09:43 PM
JackieChan

vCash: 500
They should've remade that commercial with Pierre Bouchard, Yvon Lambert and Menick cutting up that Boston fan, but with the guys wearing the barbershop jerseys....

GIF ALERT!

Old
01-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I am! 421 or 422 with my family!

I told them to get their "booings" ready
im 322 right below u

Old
01-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Caekslap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
im 322 right below u
lol which row are you guys?
i'm lucky to have AA

Old
01-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caekslap View Post
lol which row are you guys?
i'm lucky to have AA
im row a

Old
01-31-2009, 10:57 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Looking forward to this game against the Bruins. They are the class act of the Eastern Conference. Very good team. Going into the end run of the season the Habs will know where they stand after the game. I'd be optimistic if it weren't for our D.
Anyway...

GO HABS GO.

Old
01-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Bobby G

Go Habs Go
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png‎ (318.2 KB, 226 views)

Old
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

heres hoping the refs give us a few more calls!!!

(PS- i hope only habs fans can read this- but guys did we all chip in for the NHL ref fund? We were a bit short last time, thats why Chris Lee called a 5 on Kosti. We have to pay up so we have a chance in this game. Please keep this bribabry on the DL, we dont want to add fuel to the fire. ill be making the dropoff at 1 pm)

Old
01-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Go Habs Go
God that jersey is nice, I'm buying one for sure!

I'm hoping for a great start for once tomorrow. Saku played a big game today, do it again!!

Talking of Saku, can anyone tell big fat JC to stop talking about trading him, I'm tired to hear that, why would we want to trade our best player.

Old
01-31-2009, 11:55 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
(PS- i hope only habs fans can read this- but guys did we all chip in for the NHL ref fund? We were a bit short last time, thats why Chris Lee called a 5 on Kosti. We have to pay up so we have a chance in this game. Please keep this bribabry on the DL, we dont want to add fuel to the fire. ill be making the dropoff at 1 pm)
I just sent in my check...and to sweeten the deal, I gave the refs my virginity (roughly worth $3.6 million).

Old
02-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Luongo2008*

Doesn't seem like Laraque is playing AGAIN! If he does by some miracle, this is what I would do if I was Carbo:

First shift against Lucic line (hopefully opening faceoff). Line up Laraque, Begin, and KTops with KRex and Bouillon against Lucic and whoever. As soon as the ref drops the puck George cross checks Lucic, drops his gloves and starts pounding away at Lucic's head. Turtle or not, instigator or not, penalty or not, doesn't matter. They don't need George in the game anyway. Beat Lucic's ugly face into pulp.

After all the ensuing pushing and shoving, send Latendresse to replace George on that line. Shoot the puck in on Tiny Tim and spray snow into Tiny Tims face and then run him. Once again, a melee will start but who cares?

The point some of you may be asking? Montreal needs to first show Lucic and the Pooh that they cannot beat up our "future captain", and then showboat afterwards. Secondly, they need to send a message out to the rest of the league that they will not be pushed around anymore.

Hey, I'm just saying if I was coach this is what I would do. I know Carbo would never do it, its not his style. He is very good at whining and complaining at the refs though, not benching the veterans, and not addressing crap like the above.

Old
02-01-2009, 12:33 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Unless the habs suddenly turn on the light switch for this game, they aren't beating the bruins... not with the way they are playing right now.

oh well, go habs

Old
02-01-2009, 12:34 AM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP View Post
Doesn't seem like Laraque is playing AGAIN! If he does by some miracle, this is what I would do if I was Carbo:

First shift against Lucic line (hopefully opening faceoff). Line up Laraque, Begin, and KTops with KRex and Bouillon against Lucic and whoever. As soon as the ref drops the puck George cross checks Lucic, drops his gloves and starts pounding away at Lucic's head. Turtle or not, instigator or not, penalty or not, doesn't matter. They don't need George in the game anyway. Beat Lucic's ugly face into pulp.

After all the ensuing pushing and shoving, send Latendresse to replace George on that line. Shoot the puck in on Tiny Tim and spray snow into Tiny Tims face and then run him. Once again, a melee will start but who cares?

The point some of you may be asking? Montreal needs to first show Lucic and the Pooh that they cannot beat up our "future captain", and then showboat afterwards. Secondly, they need to send a message out to the rest of the league that they will not be pushed around anymore.

Hey, I'm just saying if I was coach this is what I would do. I know Carbo would never do it, its not his style. He is very good at whining and complaining at the refs though, not benching the veterans, and not addressing crap like the above.
+1

If we get enough people to agree, could it happen?

Old
02-01-2009, 12:39 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

lets go habs!

Old
02-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Chomsky

Quote:

Laraque doesn't do squat for this team. Hell, last year we had a least SOME team toughness, but this year none. Let's leave all the work to the gentleman fighter. Great. Pay the price.

Old
02-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
For the love of all things holy, please show up for the damn game.

Old
02-01-2009, 01:00 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Go Habs Go
Are we wearing that jersey tomorrow?

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-01-2009, 01:31 AM
bib
#believe

We usually have no difficulty getting up for Boston. Hopefully this game will be the wake-up this team needs.

Old
02-01-2009, 01:45 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:

See the movie taken yet? My favorite part is where the guy says GOODLUCK!

Old
02-01-2009, 01:49 AM
nfld77

Nothing in sports like a Bruins/Habs game. I cant remember last time Bruins played Habs on a Sunday, much less a Sunday evening.

i was hoping to see a Rask/Price showdown but news here is Thomas gets the start.

Old
02-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Laraque doesn't do squat for this team. Hell, last year we had a least SOME team toughness, but this year none. Let's leave all the work to the gentleman fighter. Great. Pay the price.
Sorry, BGL can only add so much to the team toughness. Just because BGL is hurt, doesnt mean the rest of the team cant stand up for themselves. BGL cant magically multiply his balls for the rest of the team.

He does however, make them play tougher when he's in.

Old
02-01-2009, 02:16 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:

Little late much? I use the net to transfer money. I'm glad Mick McGeough is finally gone. He didn't even know how to set up a PayPal

Old
02-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
Are we wearing that jersey tomorrow?
Yes they are! That's the strategy shock em' with the jerseys and win while they're distracted.

Old
02-01-2009, 02:34 AM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Yes they are! That's the strategy shock em' with the jerseys and win while they're distracted.
Cool!

Old
02-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrownsyou View Post
Sorry, BGL can only add so much to the team toughness. Just because BGL is hurt, doesnt mean the rest of the team cant stand up for themselves. BGL cant magically multiply his balls for the rest of the team.

He does however, make them play tougher when he's in.
Wisdom!

Old
02-01-2009, 06:03 AM
grrrreg
Soft European

Quote:

I'm glad you're not behind the bench then.

There's no need to embarrass ourselves with this kind of crap. Will you really feel better if Laraque fights Lucic, but the Bruins win once again? I certainly won't. This is hockey, you play to win the games, not the fights. Just play the game, score more goals than they do, and stop thinking about a fight that happened almost 3 months ago. To me, the most embarrassing thing about that infamous november night was not that fight. I was the score: 6-1 for the Bruins...

Closed Thread