HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu leading habs in Points Per Game Average

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-31-2009, 10:17 PM
  #1
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Koivu leading habs in Points Per Game Average

After Koivu's key 2 point performance vs L.A. today he has 26 points in 32 games. He is averaging .813 PPG. Over the course of an 82 game season he would have 67 points at that pace. No hab is on pace for 67 points right now. Tanguay is second on the habs with 26 points in 34 games which is .765 PPG average. Very interesting stat considering both of these players were injured for long stretches this year. Be good to have Tanguay back. The break could benefit both players as they should both be well rested for the stretch drive toward the playoffs. Lot's of gas in the tank. Koivu is looking good out there since coming back from injury.

Edit: My mistake. Tanguay is 4th in points per game average. Lang and Markov are ahead of him. Here are the top 5 point per gamers:
koivu - .813
Markov - .796
Lang - .775
tanguay - .765
Kovalev - .714


Last edited by LesHabsRock: 01-31-2009 at 10:31 PM.
LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:20 PM
  #2
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,407
vCash: 500
yeah, he's always one of our best point per game player.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:24 PM
  #3
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,038
vCash: 500
Koivu is and always has been the habs' best player. Anyone who questions that notion ought to question their sanity.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:25 PM
  #4
BJG
Registered User
 
BJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 437
vCash: 500
I will take this opportunity to admit that I am a 40 year-old man who carries a Saku hockey card in my wallet (and no picture of my wife, though she understands my sickness).

BJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:26 PM
  #5
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJG View Post
I will take this opportunity to admit that I am a 40 year-old man who carries a Saku hockey card in my wallet (and no picture of my wife, though she understands my sickness).
Hilarious

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:34 PM
  #6
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Still not on pace for his 75 pt season a couple of years ago. Trade the bum!!!11

In before 100th/#ZAMBONI# can say something similar.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
  #7
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
Still not on pace for his 75 pt season a couple of years ago. Trade the bum!!!11

In before 100th/#ZAMBONI# can say something similar.
Yeah, but I'll take 67 points and a plus 8 over 75 points and a minus 25.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:42 PM
  #8
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Koivu is and always has been the habs' best player. Anyone who questions that notion ought to question their sanity.
IMHO, Markov is unquestionably the Habs' best skater, and I don't see how that should lead me to question my sanity.

Koivu certainly can be argued to being the team's best forward though. I'm fully in the Koivu-is-our-captain camp.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:44 PM
  #9
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
IMHO, Markov is unquestionably the Habs' best skater, and I don't see how that should lead me to question my sanity.

Koivu certainly can be argued to being the team's best forward though.
Markov's point streak is second to none. What's it at now? 12 games?

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:45 PM
  #10
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,918
vCash: 500
Wasn't Koivu leading our team in points before he got injured?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:46 PM
  #11
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Markov's point streak is second to none. What's it at now? 12 games?
It's currently the longest streak in the league.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:50 PM
  #12
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
It's currently the longest streak in the league.
Is my 12 game estimation correct? What's the correct number?

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:51 PM
  #13
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Is my 12 game estimation correct? What's the correct number?
either of three 11-12-13

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 10:58 PM
  #14
suprez
Registered User
 
suprez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Koivu he's a hardworker.He don't have the talent of Kovalev but he's always trying hard.

Kovalev had one good season last year(thanks to the powerplay) and we see the same ol Kovalev this years.He work 1 game per 10 games.K he's a 50-65 pts guy.He only had 2 season with more than 80 pts.He average 55 pts per season?

Have you seen him the last game?He's completly lazy.How many time he just try to poke the puck?You know what i mean? lol.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:10 PM
  #15
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,088
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
ill c&p my post from the Faceoff thread because this one seems more important:

Koivu...What a player. He's got the digging attitude of a Lapierre/TK but with the skill of a Tanguay/Markov

I've really missed watching him play


Not to mention he's the best linemate for any rookie at any time in any season

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:12 PM
  #16
mario66lemieux*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Koivu he's a hardworker.He don't have the talent of Kovalev but he's always trying hard.

Kovalev had one good season last year(thanks to the powerplay) and we see the same ol Kovalev this years.He work 1 game per 10 games.K he's a 50-65 pts guy.He only had 2 season with more than 80 pts.He average 55 pts per season?

Have you seen him the last game?He's completly lazy.How many time he just try to poke the puck?You know what i mean? lol.
Kovalev's career average is actually 65 pts.

Very dissapointing career.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:12 PM
  #17
Chomsky
Registered User
 
Chomsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
It's currently the longest streak in the league.
Except if they granted him an assist in Florida, Markov's streak ended there.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:18 PM
  #18
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 10,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
either of three 11-12-13
Markov's current points streak is one game.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:23 PM
  #19
tiredman
Registered User
 
tiredman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Ville de Québec
Country:
Posts: 4,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Kovalev's career average is actually 65 pts.

Very dissapointing career.
For the talent he has, maybe.

Though, almost 1000 pts in career, over 1000 games played in the nhl and one stanley cup is something I would personally be very proud of.

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:36 PM
  #20
habbie67
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Markov's point streak is second to none. What's it at now? 12 games?
Markov didnt get a point against florida, but before that i think he was at 9

habbie67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
  #21
Erika
Registered User
 
Erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ville Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
For the talent he has, maybe.

Though, almost 1000 pts in career, over 1000 games played in the nhl and one stanley cup is something I would personally be very proud of.

Not really, We all know that Kovalev can dangle. The thing that he lacks and that prevents him to be a consistent 80-90 points player is his lack of superstar hockey sense.


Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:04 AM
  #22
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Kovalev's career average is actually 65 pts.

Very dissapointing career.
and scary thing is Montreal has been so deprived of Stars the last 10 years that many have clung to Kovalev as some sort of generational talent. He is a good player, thats it. Not a superstar, not really even a star but a good player.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:43 AM
  #23
MontrealHabitant
Registered User
 
MontrealHabitant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,840
vCash: 500
Kovalev has mad hockey skills, i think everyone knows it, but erika is right, he lacks the hockey sense needed and well this has for effect that to have a good game or a good season, he need things to go his way.. and unfortunately life doesn't work that way. lol

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:57 AM
  #24
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
Kovalev has mad hockey skills, i think everyone knows it, but erika is right, he lacks the hockey sense needed and well this has for effect that to have a good game or a good season, he need things to go his way.. and unfortunately life doesn't work that way. lol
Spoken like an honest man.

Not too many people on here are willing to give Erika credit when credit is due

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 06:15 AM
  #25
Form and Substance
Registered User
 
Form and Substance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,673
vCash: 500
Is everyone really dumb and forget 07-08?

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.