HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2/1/09 Boston @ Montreal 2PM EST RDS (HD), CBC (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2009, 10:38 AM
shealy04

vCash: 500
Can't wait to see if Sergei gets re-inserted today... I didn't agree with his benching yesterday. I thought he was one of our more effective forwards against Florida (not that that is saying a lot).

Go Habs Go!

Old
02-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by shealy04 View Post
Can't wait to see if Sergei gets re-inserted today... I didn't agree with his benching yesterday. I thought he was one of our more effective forwards against Florida (not that that is saying a lot).

Go Habs Go!
Don't hold your breath. We won last night (despite not playing well) and you know how Carbo is -- don't chance your lines after a win.

We're playing the team with the best record in the conference and we're most likely going to have one of our least-talented players on the ice at all times. Perfect.

Oh well, I'm still confident against the Bruins. They were long overdue for a few good performances against us after last season but enough is enough.

Old
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I can't believe at this point in the season that our best scorer is a D man, a great one, but still.

If we want to beat the bruins, Koivu, Kovalev,Markov,Komisarek,A Kost,Price and Plekanec have to be the best players on our team.

Old
02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
emb24*

got to love all the diarrhea spilling out of the bruins' threads today.

in some strange way, i'd like us to finish in 8th and play them in the

1st round. can you imagine the mass suicide in new england if we

beat them? again. it would be the regular excuses though. 'no one

predicted we'd finish first' etc.

as for today if we win I expect this:

'it's montreal, the NHL always wants them to win... the refs were paid off and

that goal should never have counted because the scabs were diving'

Old
02-01-2009, 10:51 AM
emb24*

i wish they had called up stewart too.

a line up with stewart, henry, komo, pacioretty, begin, Lats and TK...

makes up for no BGL

Old
02-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
Should be a good game, i don't care about the superbowl i just want to see the Habs win!!

Old
02-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I can't believe at this point in the season that our best scorer is a D man, a great one, but still.

If we want to beat the bruins, Koivu, Kovalev,Markov,Komisarek,A Kost,Price and Plekanec have to be the best players on our team.
You know what's weird, I've seen a lot of posters complaining about AKos(although I don't blame them sometimes) claiming that he hasn't progressed and that he was a wasted pick, but this year he really became one of our key players, he's playing a bigger role than he did last year and he is actually a difference maker this year, where as last year he followed his line. Yesterday him and plekanec really took charge of their lines and it looked like it was his line, first time I've seen that from Andrei. He leads our team and goals and can change the pace of a game when he's feeling it. It's only his second full season, I think he's going to be a key player in future years if he can play motiviated every game.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Rbk
MontrealCulinary*****

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Rbk Send a message via Skype™ to Rbk
Le Canadien rappelle Alex Henry
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/268227.html

Old
02-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Sports1131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
You know what's weird, I've seen a lot of posters complaining about AKos(although I don't blame them sometimes) claiming that he hasn't progressed and that he was a wasted pick, but this year he really became one of our key players, he's playing a bigger role than he did last year and he is actually a difference maker this year, where as last year he followed his line. Yesterday him and plekanec really took charge of their lines and it looked like it was his line, first time I've seen that from Andrei. He leads our team and goals and can change the pace of a game when he's feeling it. It's only his second full season, I think he's going to be a key player in future years if he can play motiviated every game.
Agreed. After a slow start and an injury he's become our leading goal scorer so it's hard to justify the amount of criticism he gets around here.

There's still an occasional game where he doesn't look that interested, but I think Andrei Kostitsyn is our best forward. He skates well, has a tremendous shot, hits once in awhile, and is even found at times near the opposition's goalie. Only Kovalev has more pure talent but he's MIA far too often.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Agreed. After a slow start and an injury he's become our leading goal scorer so it's hard to justify the amount of criticism he gets around here.

There's still an occasional game where he doesn't look that interested, but I think Andrei Kostitsyn is our best forward. He skates well, has a tremendous shot, hits once in awhile, and is even found at times near the opposition's goalie. Only Kovalev has more pure talent but he's MIA far too often.
AK doesn't get enough icetime...I don't find it normal that's he's not even top 5 among our forwards in icetime

Old
02-01-2009, 11:20 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
AK doesn't get enough icetime...I don't find it normal that's he's not even top 5 among our forwards in icetime
I agree, he needs to be on the ice more than ~15 minutes per game.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Andy

Quote:
Agreed, it's funny that he doesn't get top 5 ice team, but he's top 5 in scoring.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Mustafa*

Dear Bruins i know you are a good team and everything; but please dont use the diving strategy that you used last game, i know it might be to give us the moral victory but we dont care about moral in Montreal, look at all the stripers clubs, thanks!

Quote:
He never plays in PK though, but i agree he's our most dangerous sniper.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Nedved

Quote:
yeah. but its because of the type of people who were picked behind him, are what montreal need now. a carter, richards, getzlaf, brown, type of guy would make this team stronger and better. ah well, no point living in the past. go habs go.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Sports1131

Quote:
Nothing Carbo does is normal; it's not really worth talking about anymore.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
yeah. but its because of the type of people who were picked behind him, are what montreal need now. a carter, richards, getzlaf, brown, type of guy would make this team stronger and better. ah well, no point living in the past. go habs go.
Yes obviously, but people forget that at that time on the habs roster we had no one!! lolol...who was our best winger in 2003? We had a terrible team and the managment was probably looking for someone to play on Koivu's wing. Also I don;t if it's relavent, but didn't Getzlaf have really bad attitude problems in junior?

That's what I tell myself to makie myself feel better about the pick lol.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Dear Bruins i know you are a good team and everything; but please dont use the diving strategy that you used last game, i know it might be to give us the moral victory but we dont care about moral in Montreal, look at all the stripers clubs, thanks!

He never plays in PK though, but i agree he's our most dangerous sniper.
He's played a couple of times and he wasn't bad, I remember one time where he kept the puck in the opposing teams zone for like 35 seconds by himself. Why I remember that is because it was one of the few times Brunet praised him in a game.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Yes obviously, but people forget that at that time on the habs roster we had no one!! lolol...who was our best winger in 2003? We had a terrible team and the managment was probably looking for someone to play on Koivu's wing. Also I don;t if it's relavent, but didn't Getzlaf have really bad attitude problems in junior?

Timmins drafted him because he thought he was the BPA. At that time, I thought if the health issues weren't a problem, he would turn into a Pavel Bure-type winger.

I was woefully wrong, but it's not like he's a bad player.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
HotHabsFan*

does anyone have the official lineup yet ?

Old
02-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
2nd game in a row that i get to see....GO HABS GO!!!!

Old
02-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Nedved

Quote:

yeah. thats why it doesnt matter what position we would of picked, timmins went with who he thought was the best player at the time. this is not the place for this conversation anyways.

GO HABS GO

Old
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 698
I hope for a good game today .

The B's vs Habs are the most exciting games to watch. (especially when the B's win) .

I think you would love to have Lucic, Chara , Thomas or Savvy on your team.

02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post

The B's vs Habs are the most exciting games to watch. (especially when the B's win) .

No !

Claude Julien, maybe.

Old
02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:

Thomas? no thanks... Diving Savard? i prefer Saku Koivu

have a good one anyway

Old
02-01-2009, 12:02 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:

You can keep your collection of metro-sexuals, thanks.

Closed Thread