HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Stuart

Old
02-01-2009, 12:07 PM
detredWINgs

vCash: 500
Brad Stuart

I'm ambivalent about whether or not the Wings keep him, but I'm curious what his value in. Hes played more or less how expected this season - a #4 physical Dman. He makes 3.75 for the next 3 years, and has an NTC in the last 2 years of his contract. Is there even a team in the market for gritty, top 4 depth making that kind of money?

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
danaluvsthekings

I'd say not much. The Wings only gave up a 2nd in 08 and a 4th in 09 to get him last year. With his contract being what it is and having an NTC in it as well, I don't know if there's a huge market for him. I doubt the Wings would get more than they paid for him anyways if they could find a taker.

danaluvsthekings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Not with that contract, there's not - unless you want an equally bad contract back.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:47 PM
detredWINgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
I'd say not much. The Wings only gave up a 2nd in 08 and a 4th in 09 to get him last year. With his contract being what it is and having an NTC in it as well, I don't know if there's a huge market for him. I doubt the Wings would get more than they paid for him anyways if they could find a taker.
IIRC, the NTCs don't translate to the new club. And I don't mean to say that the Wings need something of value for Stuart. If he were moved, it would be a cap-clearing move to either accomodate Detroit's RFA/UFA forwards, or to make a play for a guy like Bouwmeester for a team that could see Lidstrom retire after next season.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote