HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack thread (con't...)

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2009, 06:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't Daigneault once a a top prospect...for the Caps, if I recall?

Old
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
NYR Viper

Game tonight on anywhere for free?

Old
01-31-2009, 06:52 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Game tonight on anywhere for free?
Audio's available here: http://www.wtic.com/

Old
01-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Another win tonight. Good stuff. I went up to see some of the old boys in Worcester. San Antonio was in town. Bourret, Lessard, Montoya, Reese, Murray...good stuff. Montoya didn't play as bad as the scoresheet will lead you to believe. He allowed four goals but god damn that team is awful. They fall apart and collapse in the defensive zone far too often. They let a goal in with less than a second left to end the first period. Montoya was certainly not awful. The powerplay had 9 chances and only scored once. They got a lot of good opportunities but they don't have many finishers on the team.

Bourret was as entertaining as always but he didn't throw the body around like he did a lot of the time last year. Only 3 goals this year, pretty disappointing. Lessard wanted to fight at the end, cross checked McLaren, and kind of just dropped his gloves. With the game in hand, McLaren smartly ducked out of the fight and Frankie was given 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting and a game misconduct. That comes with an automatic one game suspension. Good times. Can't fault Lessard's energy, hahaha.

Old
02-01-2009, 01:32 AM
squishy

Game 48: Hartford Wolf Pack 4 @ Manchester Monarchs 3

Game 48: Hartford Wolf Pack 4 @ Manchester Monarchs 3
Sometimes a team will outplay an opponent but come up short on the scoreboard. Other times it can get outworked and outhustled for long stretches of a game and still come away with a victory. The later was the case for the Hartford Wolf Pack on Saturday night, as they scored twice on only four third period shots to break a 2-2 tie and escape with a 4-3 victory over the Manchester Monarchs in front of an impressive crowd of 8,314 at the Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester.

Matt Zaba won his second consecutive start, making 33 stops as the Monarchs out-shot the Pack by a 36-23 margin. On the offensive side, P.A. Parenteau lead the way with a goal and two assists, while rookies Bobby Sanguinetti and Dale Weise each scored their fourth goal of the season and Tom Pyatt added his eleventh.

The Pack got off the a slow start, and fell behind only 1:51 into the first period. With defenseman Corey Potter in the box for tripping — he was forced to take the penalty after he coughed up the puck right in front his own net — Manchester winger Teddy Purcell fed Scott Parse at the bottom of the left circle with a pretty cross-slot pass. Parse one-timed the puck on goal, where veteran center Marty Murray redirected it past Zaba to give the Monarchs the early lead.

The visitors managed to get their skates under them by the midpoint of the period, and ended up out-shooting the home side by a 10-7 margin in the first frame, but they were unable to solve rookie goaltender Jonathan Bernier.

That would change 5:36 into the second period, when rookie Dale Weise scored his first goal since November 23rd, a drought of 29 games. Jordan Owens lead Patrick Rissmiller, who carried the puck in along the left wing boards before sliding it towards the front of the net, where a hard-charging Weise was able to get a stick on it and deflect it past Bernier to make it 1-1.

Murray answered back with his second of the game 5:03 later after Purcell carried the puck into the high slot for a shot which Zaba stopped, but couldn’t control. In the ensuing scramble in front of the net, Murray was able to bang the puck home to give the Monarchs their second 1-goal lead.

Hartford tied it back up at 16:17 when, with the teams playing four-on-four, Sanguinetti took a pass from Parenteau at the top of the circles and powered a slap shot just under the cross bar for his fourth goal of the season.

Artem Anisimov had a chance to give the Pack the lead in the final minute of the period when he skated in on a partial break during a second stretch of four-on-four play. But the 6-4, 205-pound center was shoved from behind as he approached the net, sending him crashing into Bernier and both players flying into the net, which was knocked off its moorings and sent crashing into the end boards. It appeared that the 6-0, 184-pound netminder was injured on the play, but after taking a few minutes to collect himself he remained on the ice. The period ended without further incident, and with the Pack out-shooting Manchester 14-9 and the teams tied at two.

Machester came out hard in the final period, collecting their first half dozen shots on goal before the Pack picked up one of their own. But it was the Pack’s Parenteau who broke the stalemate, scoring his 20th of the season on a play that has become typical of Hartford’s top line. Left wing Brodie Dupont’s hard work along the boards behind the net led to Anisimov getting the puck along the goal line to the right of the net, from where he fed Parenteau for the one-timer from just below the hashmarks at 8:52.

Manchester redoubled its efforts after the goal, and the ice was tilted solidly towards the Wolf Pack end, where the two teams spent the majority of the next 7:43 of play. Zaba stood tall, stopping shot after shot until at 16:35 Anisimov intercepted a pass in the neutral zone and lead Parenteau on a 2-on-1 with Tom Pyatt. Parenteau feathered a perfect pass across the slot to Pyatt and the second-year pro one-timed the puck over Bernier’s shoulder from the right circle at 16:35.

The Monarchs wouldn’t go down quietly. With Bernier pulled for the extra attacker, left wing Parse fired a wrist show from the right circle to beat Zaba high on the glove side and pull Manchester back within one with 1:16 remaining in the game.

That was as close as they’d get. Zaba and the Pack stood tall through the final minute of the game to earn their third straight win and retain a share of first place in the Atlantic Division with the Providence Bruins, who defeated the Lowell Devils 5-1 in Lowell. Worcester also won, beating Al Montoya and the San Antonio Rampage 5-1 to move into third place with 54 points, one point behind Hartford and Providence. The Portland Pirates, who entered the night tied with the Pack and Providence with 53 points, lost to Bridgeport and now find themselves in fourth place in the division.

Notes:
* With two assists, Anisimov (21 goals, 29 assists) jumped back into sole possession of the fourth spot over all in league scoring, three points behind Parenteau (20 goals, 33 assists), who’s in third.
* Brandon Sugden missed the game after injuring his hand during a fight with former Pack player Mitch Fritz on Friday. Matt Stefanishion returned to the line up after missing three games as a healthy scratch.
* Devon DiDiomete fought Richard Clune at 5:57 of the first period. It was a long scrap, but with neither player really landing any damaging blows. DiDiomete gets the edge for having the better stamina and looking stronger than his opponent late in the bout.
* Dupont took a hard hit from Drew Bagnall behind the Manchester net around the eleven-minute mark of the second period, and left the ice with the assistance of trainer Damien Hess. He returned without missing a shift.
* When play was blown dead after the hit on Dupont, Jared Nightingale challenged Bagnall and the two dropped the gloves. Bagnall got the upper hand, and landed one particularly solid blow as Nightingale was already on his way down to the ice after losing his footing.
* Pyatt (11 goals, 14 assists) has three goals and five points in his last five games and has moved into fifth place in team scoring, just a point behind Greg Moore (14 goals, 12 assists) and Sanguinetti (4 goals, 22 assists).
* The Pack power play was 0-for-4 on the night, and is 0-for-10 in its last two games.
* The Wolf Pack are 6-2 in their last eight games and now stand a season-high seven games above .500. Tonight’s third straight win ties the season mark for consecutive victories.
* The Monarchs will get another shot at the Pack on Wednesday, when they travel to Hartford for the back half of a home-and-home.

Scoring:
1. Murray (6) (Parse, Purcell) 1:51 (PP)
2. Weise (4) (Rissmiller, Owens) 5:36
2. Murray (7) (Moulson, Purcell) 10:39
2. Sanguinetti (4) (Parenteau, Potter) 16:17
3. Parenteau (20) (Anisimov, Dupont) 8:52
3. Pyatt (11) (Parenteau, Anisimov) 16:35
3. Parse (12) (Azevedo, Moulson) 18:44

Lines:
Dupont - Anisimov - Parenteau
Owens - Rissmiller - Weise
Pyatt - Ouellette - Ford
DiDiomete - Moore - Stefanision

Potter - Sanguinetti
Urquhart - Sauer
Nightingale - Fahey

Zaba / Daigneault

Three Stars:
1. Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
2. Matt Zaba
3. Marty Murray

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...hird-straight/

Last edited by squishy: 02-01-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Typos!
Old
02-01-2009, 01:34 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Lessard wanted to fight at the end, cross checked McLaren, and kind of just dropped his gloves. With the game in hand, McLaren smartly ducked out of the fight and Frankie was given 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting and a game misconduct. That comes with an automatic one game suspension. Good times. Can't fault Lessard's energy, hahaha.
I miss Frankie.

Old
02-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Heard from a great source this will be Al montoya last season in Hockey. He is extremely disheartened how his career has unfolded and doesn't have the heart to stay in the AHL. To bad I loved him in college and we was a great young man the few times I met him. Hope he changes his mind

Old
02-01-2009, 04:46 AM
trademasterb*

Seems like Pyatt and Dupont are picking it up some. Pyatt will probably become another Renney favorites. He likes high effort guys who can't score much.

Old
02-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Heard from a great source this will be Al montoya last season in Hockey. He is extremely disheartened how his career has unfolded and doesn't have the heart to stay in the AHL. To bad I loved him in college and we was a great young man the few times I met him. Hope he changes his mind
I really wondered about him and how far he had fallen this year. My speculation sounds a lot like what you're saying; that he was disappointed that he wasn't getting any legitimate shots at making the NHL and it was affecting his play. I guess you can say that shows he doesn't have the mental toughness to buckle down and work harder and earn a chance when something happens, but he did end up in some pretty crappy situations. Behind Lundqvist, and then traded only to be behind Bryz in Phoenix.

I wish he could have kept it together and kept working and made it somewhere, but if he feels like his heart isn't in it anymore, then yeah, he probably should stop playing.

Tough, cuz the guy does have talent, but I guess not everyone gets the same opportunities or has the patience and willpower to wait it out until he does.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

That'd be very disappointing if so. He was a good guy and a good player. Got some unnecessary flack from fans but of course that's part of the pressure that comes with being a high draft pick. I hope something goes his way soon.

Old
02-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I miss Frankie.
Absolutely. What he did was a little thugish but he once McLaren dropped to his knees he stopped and didn't even throw a punch. He's a classy thug. Every time Lessard is on the ice he makes the most of it. He skates full speed every time. I miss that.

Old
02-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Take this with a grain of salt: My sister, who is at Kid's Club Day right now, called me and said AA was practicing but was not signing autographs after. My dad and her said Gernander was talking to him after practice or something. Call up?? Maybe.

Last edited by Jarkko Immonen: 02-02-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old
02-01-2009, 12:26 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Take this with a grain of salt: My sister, who is at Kid's Club Day right now, called me and said AA was practicing but was not signing autographs after. My dad and her said Gernander was talking to him after practice or something. Call up?? Maybe.

In other news:

02/01/2009 Matt Stefanishion (RW) Hartford DEL Released from PTO
02/01/2009 Matt Stefanishion (RW) Hartford ADD Signed to PTO

Does that mean he's released? Why do they list it like that?
Hmm..maybe, guess there is a small chance Rangers might want a small change in the lineup and hopefully get a more scoring threat....

Old
02-01-2009, 12:58 PM
NYReign

I hope Anisimov gets called up, we have to try something to get some offense going... Any chance he can center Dubie and Nicky or would they try Drury on the wing again before Dubinsky?

Old
02-01-2009, 01:09 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
I hope Anisimov gets called up, we have to try something to get some offense going... Any chance he can center Dubie and Nicky or would they try Drury on the wing again before Dubinsky?
That's a good question.

Dubi-AA-Z?

Old
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
squishy

Quote:
I will not get my hopes up! I will not get my hopes up! I will not get my hopes up!

Quote:
In other news:

02/01/2009 Matt Stefanishion (RW) Hartford DEL Released from PTO
02/01/2009 Matt Stefanishion (RW) Hartford ADD Signed to PTO

Does that mean he's released? Why do they list it like that?
I think it probably means his first PTO was over and he's signed a new one, but I'm guessing.

Re: Montoya... he had some personal stuff going on earlier this season (I think his grandfather was ill or died?) and missed some time with the team, so it sounds like it's been rough time all-around. Hopefully once the season passes and he has some time to go home and get his head straight he'll decide to stick with it.

Old
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I was against bringing up Anisimov before, but at this point, I don't think it could hurt. Even if they bring him up for a week or two and he doesn't do much, I don't think that's going to destroy the kids' confidence. They'll send him back, he'll keep playing well, and by training camp, he'll be ready.

And if he does well, then he can stay.

As for this Montoya stuff, well, it isn't surprising to me. Seemed like a nice kid, but he had bust written all over him from, even before he got drafted.

Old
02-01-2009, 02:18 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Hopefully it's a call-up and not him being traded or something. Imagine how squishy will take it if he's traded

Old
02-01-2009, 02:32 PM
eco's bones

Dubinsky was called up in his first season for a few games and though he didn't score I think it helped him a lot--he got a real look at what the NHL is all about and he without a doubt went into the offseason knowing things he had to work at--and in another respect it shows the team has got him on the radar.

So whether or not Artem scores at all I would tend to look at it as a positive thing and a good reward for player who is doing very well and even if he doesn't stick now it should give him some confidence for the future.

Old
02-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Hopefully it's a call-up and not him being traded or something. Imagine how squishy will take it if he's traded
Imagine how I would take it. ;D

Again, grain of salt, nothing has happened yet. My sister actually took a photo of the two talking to him after. I can post it when she uploads them.

Old
02-01-2009, 04:07 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Imagine how I would take it. ;D

Again, grain of salt, nothing has happened yet. My sister actually took a photo of the two talking to him after. I can post it when she uploads them.
I hope you aren't bad luck. I don't want these idiots to waste Anisimov like they wasted Immo. "Too slow" my ass. What idiots.

Old
02-01-2009, 04:48 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

I'd love to see AA come up and be the LW next to Dubi and Z. Get his feet wet on the wing. Dubi's been a beast lately on faceoffs, and he's got some understanding of Renney's system. (I loved how he was *****-slapping Savard around...another failure of Renney was not taking advantage of that matchup; Savard couldn't handle Dubi physically in the few times they were matched up.) No need to overburden AA with center responsibility just yet, especially if he's so-so on faceoffs, as has been suggested.

Old
02-01-2009, 05:15 PM
asparkoflife

Call him up!!!

Old
02-01-2009, 06:19 PM
squishy

Anisimov's been called up!!! :-D

Old
02-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Camenzuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Anisimov's been called up!!! :-D
I'm sooo excited!! Tuesday can't come soon enough!!

Closed Thread