HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Per Zipay, the Rangers aren't done on the trade front

Old
02-01-2009, 03:04 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
I think Gomez can be unloaded to a team who has a lot of cap room and for a lesser return.

Redden will be very hard to move.

Rozsival I think should be kept.

Drury isn't going anywhere.

Other than that you're going to have to move a lot of younger guys in order to get anything. Teams want Dubinsky & Staal, I bet you that. I'm sure guys like Anisimov, Grachev, Sanguinetti, and MDZ are frequently asked for.

If they trade Zherdev I'll be really annoyed.

Guys like Prucha, Dawes, and Callahan will only get you modest returns and so IDK what point there would be to trading those types of players. I think all three have a chance to become quality players on a better team/system. You have to trade quality to get quality. You can't expect to trade quantity for quality.

If people are looking for that blockbuster move, unless Sather pulls off some magic, I just don't see it. A package of something like Dubinsky, Sanguinetti, and Prucha/Dawes may get you a decent return. Although I don't know how many people here would be happy with that kind of package unless the return was well worth the price.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Synergy27

One thing I can guarantee: whatever trade(s) the Rangers end up making, every one of us is going to be surprised by it. A player's "HF value" is so much different than that player's real-world value, both negatively and positively.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

I feel like no matter what, it's always the player no one talks about who we get. At least in recent years. Maybe we could get Kozlov out of Atlanta. Doable contract, point producer. Would be solid.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
DutchShamrock

The smart thing is to package a center with a 3rd line wing and trade them for an upgrade on wing then bring up Anisimov. Create some future cap space and upgrade the wing as much as we can given our assets.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Oh boy. I can hardly wait and see what marginal NHLer Sather brings in at the expense of a draft pick.
Who cares, it's a friggen draft pick. As long as its not a first, or even Staal, Hank, Zherdev, etc be happy.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:09 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
I feel like no matter what, it's always the player no one talks about who we get. At least in recent years. Maybe we could get Kozlov out of Atlanta. Doable contract, point producer. Would be solid.
I would love Kozlov. I think he is a solid suggestion

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
The problem is that we have nothing to sell. No one's going to take on Redden or Gomez's contract.

I really think it's still possible to trade Gomez's contract. Especially to those teams that are trying to get over the hump(Columbus, Flordia, LA). Dallas traded for Brad Richards, a player that has a 7.8 million dollar cap hit.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
What about Colby Armstrong? A fairly big body with decent hands who has a bug up his ass when he plays PIT otherwise don't see him being that physical...

Old
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Who cares, it's a friggen draft pick. As long as its not a first, or even Staal, Hank, Zherdev, etc be happy.
Why would I be happy about that? I'd rather have the chance to pull a serviceable NHLer out of the draft than trade it away for some scrub like Christian Backman.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Salvage21

[QUOTE=PruBlue25;17662444]
Rozsival I think should be kept.
QUOTE]

RIGHT! I think we should keep Rozsival unless we absolutely HAVE to move him. He's been playing great and still owns the best shot on the team overall.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:18 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Quote:
What about Colby Armstrong? A fairly big body with decent hands who has a bug up his ass when he plays PIT otherwise don't see him being that physical...
He's going back to Pitt or staying in Atlanta i think.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:21 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I've got faith in Sather when it comes to trades, post-lockout era when was the last time he sold the farm for a rental player? Traded away youth? Made a god-awful deal? You all need to relax.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Ok so Max Afiniguenov has only 2 goals and 12 points in 34 games for Buffalo, with an expiring 3.5 mil contract. Buffalo is going to be GIVING him away at the deadline. Is it worth the risk for say a 3rd round pick or say, Voros to add him? Any Thoughts?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:37 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Why would I be happy about that? I'd rather have the chance to pull a serviceable NHLer out of the draft than trade it away for some scrub like Christian Backman.
Yep.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Ok so Max Afiniguenov has only 2 goals and 12 points in 34 games for Buffalo, with an expiring 3.5 mil contract. Buffalo is going to be GIVING him away at the deadline. Is it worth the risk for say a 3rd round pick or say, Voros to add him? Any Thoughts?
A 3rd is too much. Give em Voros and be done with it.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
A 3rd is too much. Give em Voros and be done with it.
Think so? I figure only maybe 10% of third round picks become regular NHLers and Max has the potential maybe to click on a line with Zherdev. His poor stats are probably a reflection of wanting to move.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Backman was one of Sather's "feel secure for the playoffs" moves. I don't have a problem gearing up for the playoffs with the trading away of a 4th.

I mean we could always trade a 1st and some for Pavel Bure. But a mid round draft pick is just not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Old
02-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Think so? I figure only maybe 10% of third round picks become regular NHLers and Max has the potential maybe to click on a line with Zherdev. His poor stats are probably a reflection of wanting to move.
I don't think so, people normally play their best in contract years.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
I'll give'em Gomez and Redden. And maybe even Prucha. They have to give us Afinogenov and one of their top 6 defensmen. Then I'd promote Anisimov and put him between Max and Nik.

I just want to get rid off one of those God-awful contracts.

Edit: yeah, I know that it's not happening. But please, oh please, will someone one or few of Gomez/Drury/Redden off our hands?

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Backman was one of Sather's "feel secure for the playoffs" moves. I don't have a problem gearing up for the playoffs with the trading away of a 4th.

I mean we could always trade a 1st and some for Pavel Bure. But a mid round draft pick is just not that important in the grand scheme of things.
I have a problem trading away a 4th when it is for a player who should not be in the National Hockey League. But then again I'm not a fan of signing guys like that to one-way deals, either, but Sather did that with Voros anyway.

Old
02-01-2009, 04:13 PM
lotus

Quote:
And then we have two Sabres who terrorized us in that series

Afinogenov always seemed to do a little too much with the puck for me. But I made a point about players changing with the team yesterday, so maybe.

I'd love to work out some kind of deal for Kovachuk + Exelby. I'll probably get reamed for the Exelby suggestion as he's a penalty taker and kind of a nut-case. But god I would love This on the blueline and in front of the net. He would cut down on the garbage goals for sure.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:30 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Oh boy. I can hardly wait and see what marginal NHLer Sather brings in at the expense of a draft pick.
The Rangers have three 5th rounders. Would it really be a big deal if one of them got moved? The last time the Rangers dealt a 2nd round pick was 2005, and it was used to moved up to get Staal. The last 1st rounder was dealt when the Rangers moved up to get Korpikoski. A 3rd rounders was used to get Avery, and later, one used for Alex Bourret. Not seeing anything worth getting uptight about yet.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:32 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvage21 View Post
I really think it's still possible to trade Gomez's contract. Especially to those teams that are trying to get over the hump(Columbus, Flordia, LA). Dallas traded for Brad Richards, a player that has a 7.8 million dollar cap hit.
Gomez for Richards, straight up...okay, Dallas can have Dawes or Prucha, too.

Old
02-01-2009, 04:35 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Gomez for Richards, straight up...okay, Dallas can have Dawes or Prucha, too.
Comparing the Richards trade with a trading away Gomez is stupid. When Richards was dealt, he didn't have 5 years left on his horrible contract. Gomez does.

Richards is also a Conn Smythe Trophy winner, while Gomez has been benched in the playoffs.

Old
02-01-2009, 04:41 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Comparing the Richards trade with a trading away Gomez is stupid. When Richards was dealt, he didn't have 5 years left on his horrible contract. Gomez does.

Richards is also a Conn Smythe Trophy winner, while Gomez has been benched in the playoffs.

Who was doing a comparison? I never wanted Gomez, and pleaded for a deal for Richards when he was still in TB. I was just throwing out a wishful scenario.