HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are our chances next season.....

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Bob A Booey

vCash: 500
What are our chances next season.....

(If there is a season)

The Pacific division is looking a lot different now....The Yotes are looking mighty good with all of their off-season pick-ups. I really hope the Kings keep busy in the free-market.....I have given up on Pallfy but am still hopefull for players like Demitra....Murray., etc.

How do you think the Kings will do next year in the Pacific, Western Conference and overall?

Old
08-06-2004, 04:55 PM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
With the team we have now, we're doomed.....If we sign some good guys then the sky's the limit

Old
08-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Sybil227

We might well be front-runners for the Crosby sweepstakes.
On the other hand, we are bringing in a lot of young talent (Frolov, Brown, Camalari, Avery, Gleason, Clark(Maybe)).
We might pay the price now for playing a young team that will turn into a true contender for years to come.

Old
08-06-2004, 06:59 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE55
With the team we have now, we're doomed.....
you've been playing too much video games lately moose...

cheer up man...

did we quit when the germans bombed pearl harbor...heck no!!!!

we're going to the stanley cup next year baby!!!

Who's with me???? Toga! toga! toga! toga!!!!

08-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Frolov

I like our chances if Frolov becomes an all-star and Garon holds up along with all our youngsters.

Old
08-06-2004, 07:15 PM
LuckyLUC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont

cheer up man...

Now that's the spirit!!!

Realistically... we'll probably be battling it out for the last playoff spot yet again. :mad:

Old
08-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont

cheer up man...

2005 LORD STANLEY'S CHAMPS----THE KINGS FROM LA

Old
08-06-2004, 11:46 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway
(If there is a season)

The Pacific division is looking a lot different now....The Yotes are looking mighty good with all of their off-season pick-ups. I really hope the Kings keep busy in the free-market.....I have given up on Pallfy but am still hopefull for players like Demitra....Murray., etc.

How do you think the Kings will do next year in the Pacific, Western Conference and overall?
The Yotes have been one of the most active teams in the west, and they're building around their CORE. Us? Well we have no more core. Our top line is completely gone, and we received nothing! Why they all want to escape is beyond me, but my hunch is that it has to do with AM. We'll be a middle of the pack team again, and squeak games out here and there. We will also be abused on a nightly basis, only to see our players complain to the ref. On the positive side (yeah I have some) Mathieu Garon will solidify himself as our long awaited number one goaltender for years to come.
As for Glen Murray........please don't come back! Demitra.........maybe, but I wouldn't be that excited. Signing Allison and Palffy is my wish.........But Palffy is acting like a complete ******!

Old
08-07-2004, 09:41 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 984
i would simply love to have ally and ziggy back ..but if not let the kids play,we may get dead last but at least they will get the experience they need and hell we might get crosby

Old
08-07-2004, 01:50 PM
guzmania

If this team can avoid injury get solid seasons from guys that they need to play better, like Roman and Aaron, there is no doubt in my way of looking at things that we will be in the playoffs. Lock, bet the house. The last two seasons were devastating and that is not where we should consider the team starting this year. Guys like Frolov, Garon, Visnovsky, Brown, Avery, and Barney are worthy of our consideration in the new mix because they are coming into their own as NHLers. This team is built in a different way than the teams with Ziggy. It is a Defense oriented team. Even in the second half of last year we went to this style and it was semi-effective. We will still get some goals from Luc and Straka but that is not where the new emphasis is focused. Dempsey, and Norstrom, Conroy and Klatt will be solid 2-way players that contribute every night. The glass is half full. In fact if we only lose 15 man-games during the regular season like the Lightning did last year we will do very very well.

Old
08-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
I think if Mathieu Garon does the job the kings can finish 8th...but they would need to play together in a tight defensive (boring) game like most teams with limited talent offensively (sayin that if palffy, carter, allison and deadmarsh arent back).

Old
08-07-2004, 04:05 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

up until the last 11 games, we were a playoff team, and our goals-for did not appreciably drop following palffy's injury (it hovered around 10th). if we can improve our goals-against (23rd last season?), there is no doubt that we can make the playoffs.

Old
08-07-2004, 05:12 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

last year we did not have one hat trick all year. we did nothing to improve the situation and have even lost a few players. so obviously, the problem with our team is fairly apparent.

oh and we had cechmanek. w/ garon, however, we may have a shot at having a more sturdy goaltender

Old
08-07-2004, 10:05 PM
KINGLEWOOD

There is no telling what may happen next season. I don't think there is a single team in the NHL that have their rosters set for the upcoming season. I think the Kings will add some players but one things for sure in my mind, I rather see Barney, Cammy, Brown and other youngsters playing than a bunch of mediocore veterans who might come via free agency. I like Klatt and Conroy but if the Kings really plan on making the playoffs and contending then they must add true top 6 players.

Old
08-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Personally, I think they'll add Kariya. Then who knows....6th maybe 7th in the west....Ideally we'd finish last....get to see Flinn play all season...get the kids some valuable experience, and draft Crosby.

Old
08-08-2004, 07:37 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
The Coyotes still don't have a goalie, still don't have a coach, and still don't have a defense, so unless they want to win games every night 7-6, they're going nowhere because Brett Hull, Mike Comrie and other fowards don't play defense, they did themselves good by picking up Mike Ricci though.

The Sharks just lost the heart of their team (to the Coyotes ironically), are not improving and Nils Ekman is not having another 20 goal season, and had an overacheiving defense. They're either that good, or that lucky.

The Stars are coming down the hill and so are the Ducks, they already need to dump salary, it is apparent the Ducks had a flash in the pan season in 2003.

The Pacific division will be rather weak, and very winnable for the Kings, even if they don't sign anyone else.

Old
08-08-2004, 10:34 AM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
The Coyotes still don't have a goalie, still don't have a coach, and still don't have a defense, so unless they want to win games every night 7-6, they're going nowhere because Brett Hull, Mike Comrie and other fowards don't play defense, they did themselves good by picking up Mike Ricci though.

The Sharks just lost the heart of their team (to the Coyotes ironically), are not improving and Nils Ekman is not having another 20 goal season, and had an overacheiving defense. They're either that good, or that lucky.

The Stars are coming down the hill and so are the Ducks, they already need to dump salary, it is apparent the Ducks had a flash in the pan season in 2003.

The Pacific division will be rather weak, and very winnable for the Kings, even if they don't sign anyone else.
Ya, because a top four of Morris, Mara, Tanabe, and O'Donnell is not a defence

Old
08-08-2004, 11:14 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

I don't think the Yotes are going to be an overnight success..........but they're trying to fill some holes and they're doing a good job. Their top six is also starting to fill in now with the addition of Hull. What's our top six?

The Sharks did not lose the heart of their team this year. That happened the year before (Nolan) and they skull-*****ed the league this past season. That will continue because they're team speed has not been touched..........Their D is one of the best in the league for how young they are, and can easily be compared to that of Calgary's. They also have two great goaltenders. Yes, they are that good. I do agree with the Ekman assessment.

The Stars are not going anywhere and should probably handle our division with San Jose. They have one of the top five goalies in the league, and Tippett will have them fired up. If Modano stops acting like a prima-donna they'll have a good chance at winning the Pac.

The Ducks have no chance and have always been a flash in the pan. Giguere played insane that post-season, and like i've said since they're last game against the Devils in the finals...........It will never happen again. Ask Paul Kariya!

As for the Kings..........who knows? We've been deleted of our top three forwards. We're very soft and still somewhat slow. We received a great addition in Garon, but our D still needs some tweaks, and adding Quintal was not one of them. As for the forwards, i'd like to see us make an honest attempt at bringing Allison and Palffy back. But like i've said in other posts.........Ziggy is acting like a complete nob! If not those two players, maybe Zhamnov and another winger with size and grit. If we do like "gkj" says and sign no more players, than i'm cool with that also..........on one condition. AM actually uses his young players consistently and start giving them the necessary confidence needed. Bringing in veterans that bring nothing to our team every season is really starting to get lame.

Old
08-10-2004, 07:12 PM
firepro_fan

I think you guys are really underestimating this LA club. We have absolute strengths in every department and if Frolov can pull out the kind of year im hoping/expecting for (over 70pts), we could be one of the scariest teams in the West.

IF and thats a big IF, DT decides to sign a big name UFA we will be set IMHO, if not, we have to rely on one of, if not the best youth core in the NHL so things aren't that bad. However as previously mentionned, AM will have to actually play them.

Goaltending is no longer an issue, Chechmanek will play good at times and garon will clean up when he loses his focus/stability/temper/basic goaltending fundamentals.

Old
08-11-2004, 10:09 AM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by firepro_fan
I think you guys are really underestimating this LA club. We have absolute strengths in every department and if Frolov can pull out the kind of year im hoping/expecting for (over 70pts), we could be one of the scariest teams in the West.

IF and thats a big IF, DT decides to sign a big name UFA we will be set IMHO, if not, we have to rely on one of, if not the best youth core in the NHL so things aren't that bad. However as previously mentionned, AM will have to actually play them.

Goaltending is no longer an issue, Chechmanek will play good at times and garon will clean up when he loses his focus/stability/temper/basic goaltending fundamentals.
I can see you don't read LGK, and that you haven't been infected by the overwhelming pessimism, replaced by a pod person as it were, because you've actually got that note of optimism, I like it.

Closed Thread