HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Artem Anisimov recalled to NYR (UPDATE: Sent Back Down)

Old
02-01-2009, 08:15 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
The kid is what? 18? Who says he's ready?
No one. But if he's playing outstanding it would be nice to see. In all likelihood he's AHL bound when his season does end.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:21 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Grachev is very unrealistic

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:30 PM
beastly115

They just want to see how he feels at the NHL level. If he pulls a Girardi and is able to hold his own, we could very well see one of our other centers go come the trade deadline.

Ideally, Anisimov would be NHL ready, Gomez would be traded at the deadline for another top 6 guy, and Zherdev and Dubinsky get re-signed.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:32 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Gomez, Dawes/Prucha, 2nd, 3rd, prospect

for

Kovalchuk

...iknow, wishful thinking

Old
02-01-2009, 08:34 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
They just want to see how he feels at the NHL level. If he pulls a Girardi and is able to hold his own, we could very well see one of our other centers go come the trade deadline.

Ideally, Anisimov would be NHL ready, Gomez would be traded at the deadline for another top 6 guy, and Zherdev and Dubinsky get re-signed.
Well, I dont know if you can say one of the four other centers. Its more like one of the other 3 centers. I really really doubt that they would put AA or Dubi on the 4th line. It would have to be Gomez or possibly Dubinsky as part of a big deal.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Gomez, Dawes/Prucha, 2nd, 3rd, prospect

for

Kovalchuk

...iknow, wishful thinking

Very. I dont understand the whole premise of trading a big contract to Atlanta. If they trad Kovalchuk they would more than likely do it for inexpensive young talent. If they are willing to take on Gomez's salary, why not just sign Kovalchuk?

Old
02-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Very. I dont understand the whole premise of trading a big contract to Atlanta. If they trad Kovalchuk they would more than likely do it for inexpensive young talent. If they are willing to take on Gomez's salary, why not just sign Kovalchuk?
I think the whole premise isn't that they can't afford to sign Kovalchuk, merely that Kovalchuk is unwilling to sign with them for any amount. Therefore having a player with 5 more years on his contract ensures that he's on the team. That being said, I don't think Kovalchuk is a UFA until 2010 so they still have over a year to re-sign him so I'm not yet sold on this whole idea he's up for sale.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:46 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Well, I dont know if you can say one of the four other centers. Its more like one of the other 3 centers. I really really doubt that they would put AA or Dubi on the 4th line. It would have to be Gomez or possibly Dubinsky as part of a big deal.
Rumor has it that Frolov is on the block.

Assuming AA is ready to step in, I would do Gomez + 2nd for Frolov + salary dump.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:51 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I think the whole premise isn't that they can't afford to sign Kovalchuk, merely that Kovalchuk is unwilling to sign with them for any amount. Therefore having a player with 5 more years on his contract ensures that he's on the team. That being said, I don't think Kovalchuk is a UFA until 2010 so they still have over a year to re-sign him so I'm not yet sold on this whole idea he's up for sale.
No you are way off. If they can afford Gomez, they can afford Kovalchuk. If they trade Kovalchuk they are trading him for inexpensive young talent. If the whole idea of trading Kovalchuk is to cut salary, it makes ZERO sense to take a huge contract back the other way in Gomez. Its plain and simple. They are either dumping salary or they aren't. There really is no in between.

Also, I would think he is up for sale right now. They are looking to get back as much as possible and trading him now would maximize the return based on him being under contract.

Old
02-01-2009, 08:53 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:

Assuming AA is ready to step in, I would do Gomez + 2nd for Frolov + salary dump.
I'd take frolov too

Old
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
John Torturella

Quote:

I would do that, not think twice about it. He is an elite talent. Plus I remember LA wanting Gomez back around negotiations. I think this would make sense for both sides. I cant see who they would dump on us. They have no expensive players. Unless they want us to take on Handzus.

Old
02-01-2009, 08:57 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I agree with you because I think its more of a case of not wanting to be in atlanta anymore

Old
02-01-2009, 09:01 PM
hlundqvist30*

This is probably what they did with Dubinsky, Callahan, etc. Give him a taste of what he can expect in the next few years. If he sticks then great, but I don't anticipate him staying up longer than a week. They've done this with other players in the past (with success). Anyone who thinks that this is a showcase for him or a precursor to any key players being moved is probably going to be dissapointed ( I'll give some room for it being possible).

Hopefully he get's a few games in. I'd like to see what he can do.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
No you are way off. If they can afford Gomez, they can afford Kovalchuk. If they trade Kovalchuk they are trading him for inexpensive young talent. If the whole idea of trading Kovalchuk is to cut salary, it makes ZERO sense to take a huge contract back the other way in Gomez. Its plain and simple. They are either dumping salary or they aren't. There really is no in between.

Also, I would think he is up for sale right now. They are looking to get back as much as possible and trading him now would maximize the return based on him being under contract.
hes not saying atl cant afford kovalchuk....but that illya doesnt wanna sign in atl.....

but i doubt it happens anyway....

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
hes not saying atl cant afford kovalchuk....but that illya doesnt wanna sign in atl.....

but i doubt it happens anyway....
I see that. But you need to hear what Im sayin. Im saying that it makes no sense for them to take Gomez's contract back the other way because they dont have to. They cant get younger, cheaper talent for Kovalcuk. Thats the whole idea of trading him. Taking a franchise player and turning him into more than one franchise player.

Also how do you say its not an affordability issue? Atlanta is not exactly a cashcow of a franchise. If they show Kovalchuk the money he would sign there.

Old
02-01-2009, 09:12 PM
chappie
lemon snow!

Korpikoski - Arty - Z. Let's not eff around Renney and co. see what this kid can legitimately bring to the team.

chappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
If they show Kovalchuk the money he would sign there.
Doubt it. If he's offered league max from there, and a mil or two less, same years, from a good team(not quite a contender), I have my money on that he will sign with the other team.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
I would do that, not think twice about it. He is an elite talent. Plus I remember LA wanting Gomez back around negotiations. I think this would make sense for both sides. I cant see who they would dump on us. They have no expensive players. Unless they want us to take on Handzus.

Yeah, I remember that as well.. Gomez(or a player like him) may be just what they're looking for to get over the hump. I was hearing that during the past draft that they were willing to part with the 2nd overall for players. I really think that they are one piece away from making the playoffs next season. They have great young talent and depth-lucky ********.

Salvage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:18 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
I see that. But you need to hear what Im sayin. Im saying that it makes no sense for them to take Gomez's contract back the other way because they dont have to. They cant get younger, cheaper talent for Kovalcuk. Thats the whole idea of trading him. Taking a franchise player and turning him into more than one franchise player.

Also how do you say its not an affordability issue? Atlanta is not exactly a cashcow of a franchise. If they show Kovalchuk the money he would sign there.
no i understand ya...i just didnt think you were getting the other side of it...haha...

anyway...whos to say don waddell doesnt decide to build his team around gomez for the next 5 yrs...

crazier things have happened....but in all seriousness...kovalchuk is a fantasy...meaning i highley doubt it could happen....chances are this team is going with what its got....atleast for 1 more season...

only time will tell

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Jake0617

Send a message via AIM to Jake0617
I have a feeling any deal where Gomez would go to LA is wishful thinking. They aren't looking to add any serious contracts and to think we could get Frolov without giving up a first and a top prospect is ridiculous.

Jake0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Salvage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake0617 View Post
I have a feeling any deal where Gomez would go to LA is wishful thinking. They aren't looking to add any serious contracts and to think we could get Frolov without giving up a first and a top prospect is ridiculous.

Trading Gomez or Redden to ANY team is wishful thinking! But I happen to think that there are a couple team that would be interested in Gomez. In my opinion, teams like Columbus, Florida, and LA are all looking to get over the hump and into the playoffs. They wouldn't really have to give up much to acquire a gomez. Will it happen? No.

Old
02-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Salvage21

I hear Vancouver is absolutely not happy with Sundin. Maybe they trade us Gomez for Sundin+

Old
02-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Garfinkel1

Someone has to be a healthy scratch since Fritsche is gone... Duhh

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:34 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake0617 View Post
You really cant say that a deal with Gomez to LA is wishful thinking. They were looking to sign him when he was a UFA. Perhaps they were looking to sign him to 5 tears and we topped the offer at 7 years. Now his contract has 5 years left.

Maybe they think they have a surplus of wingers and think Frolov is expendable to add depth up the middle. I dont think Gomez is all it would take, but it is reasonable that he could be a center piece in the deal. After all Gomez has one more point than Frolov and is not considerably older than him.

I could really see this deal going down. The Kings add depth up the middle and we add depth on the wing. I know its not entirely likely but it is not too much of a stretch. Gomez, a mid-range prospect and a 1st or 2nd (preferably a 2nd) might just do the trick

Old
02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
JimEIV

Doesn't Gomez have a list of 10 teams in his contract that he would accept a traded to??

I thought I remember hearing that when he signed with the Rangers.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote