HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Value: What is Kovalev worth?

Old
02-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Pr3Va1L

vCash: 500
Value: What is Kovalev worth?

Right now, Kovalev looks like he needs a change of scenery, and at this point unless he wakes up, Gainey probably won't resign him.

What we need would be something like a gritty center who can play the point on the PP.

What kind of player is Kovalev worth?

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Souray44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Right now, Kovalev looks like he needs a change of scenery, and at this point unless he wakes up, Gainey probably won't resign him.

What we need would be something like a gritty center who can play the point on the PP.

I don't think he'll be traded but i'd imagine we could land a solid defenseman in return from a team that needs wingers. Perhaps Pittsburgh. Like I said, very unlikely he is dealt though.

It'd be dandy if we could get Brooks Orpik from the Pens though. Not necessarily for Kovalev but just a random musing.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:15 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:

Since he's a UFA he's not worth much until closer to the deadline. Basically we gotta hope for a team that needs wingers that wants a veteran with playoff exp. and wants to make a cup run.

HabsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:18 PM
habsdude

I hope Gainey is considering this. Enough is enough. I think everyone has had it with this guy, at least i have.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Kirk Muller

He is worth about a kick in the nuts. Fortunately for most hab players this shouldn't be a problem do to their lacking in this area.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

SFA.

Especially if he's going to pout now.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Pr3Va1L

Heck, at this point I think buying out his contract would be benefical for the team (kind of like dealing Huet last year)

Kovy

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:27 PM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Heck, at this point I think buying out his contract would be benefical for the team (kind of like dealing Huet last year)

Kovy
No

HabsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Rockomax

Honestly? Kovy is thankfully worth a lot more than this thread. This is BS...so easy to blame everything on him, I think you guys should stop, at first it was funny to read your reactions and all, but now it is getting ridiculous. Anyways, I'll just continue reading without posting like I usually do, but seriously .

Rockomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsdude View Post
I hope Gainey is considering this. Enough is enough. I think everyone has had it with this guy, at least i have.
Wah wah, where's the 80+point season from last year? Wah wah.

This is why I keep my Hab friends to a minimum. Too many of them are ready to bury anyone on the team at a moments notice. To most Hab fans, you're only as good as how close you make their expectations.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:50 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:

Kovy
This ridiculous post

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:09 AM
levski87

He has some value but I honestly can't see more than possible a draft pick, a mid level player, or a decent prospect going back.

Only a team who wants to add more scoring to their lineup going into the playoffs and is already a legit contender will be willing to add him.

My suggestion is keep him on your team. He is your 3nd leading scorer after Lang and now im presuming hes 2nd ( due to the injury of Lang ).

I don't think you guys are in that much of a position to trade him right now. This is classic Kovalev though. Last year he looked great, but this year it seems as if he's lost the will to play again. Give him time and hope he lights it up in the Playoffs. :|

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

this is just kovalev being kovalev. Its the story of his career. He wasn;t having a great season when the habs traded for him either. (balej plus 2nd rounder, I believe).

With montreal, I think he's had one great season, one good season, one terrible season, and currently, a bad season.

You just never know what you're going to get, the inconsistency is part of the package.

Anyways, he's going to play this season out on montreal imo... he may never snap out of his funk this season, but we also know that the habs cant get far without him.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I've got a couple of suggestions for Kovalev...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Pascal

i think the most we could get for him would be a 1st pick and an average prospect from a team that will contend for the cup. Unfortunately we'd be forced to trade him west and that would mean SJ/Cgy and maybe a couple of other teams.. Detroit doesn't have the cap space and Kovalev isn't their type of player anyway.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 05:41 AM
ReVeuF

Kovalev worth something for sure... when he want to play he is one of the most spectacular player. You know the kind of player people would buy tickets just to see him...

The NHL saw it in the all-star game. Even a low market team could really need him to bring back the fans.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 05:52 AM
HotHabsFan*

this is ridiculous, first off we are not trading Kovy. second off why would we want to get rid of our only natural scoring talent besides maybe A Kost ? third off he is in a funk right now ( which to me means he is playing through some sort of an injury ) he will pull out of it just in time, when we need him most the playoffs !

Trade Kovy.. thanks for the laugh.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Marc Bergevins Suit
Realistic Hab Fan

vCash: 246
Pittsburgh seems like a good fit for him. Put him on Crosby's wing.

Marc Bergevins Suit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Generational Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabsgo_11 View Post
Pittsburgh seems like a good fit for him. Put him on Crosby's wing.
I would like a Kovalev / Goligoski trade... He's a nice offensive defenseman and Pittsburgh as a lot of d-men

Generational Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:53 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i think the most we could get for him would be a 1st pick and an average prospect from a team that will contend for the cup. Unfortunately we'd be forced to trade him west and that would mean SJ/Cgy and maybe a couple of other teams.. Detroit doesn't have the cap space and Kovalev isn't their type of player anyway.
Does he not have a NTC to the WEST?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:16 AM
habsdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Wah wah, where's the 80+point season from last year? Wah wah.

This is why I keep my Hab friends to a minimum. Too many of them are ready to bury anyone on the team at a moments notice. To most Hab fans, you're only as good as how close you make their expectations.
I could care less if gets 80 pts or whatever. Maybe expecting him to give a consistent effort is too much? And its been much longer than a moment's notice my friend.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:46 AM
TheCH*

People are idiots. Every single time somebody is slumping you just gotta dump him. Thats not the way it works..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:47 AM
GoodKiwi

The day Kovalev is traded or walks away this franchise will finally turn a corner, but not before...

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:49 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kovalev to Pittsburgh for Goligoski or Brooks Orpik would actually be nice. Pittsburgh might do it for Orpik, they have cap troubles right now and Kovalev will be off their books next season.

Carbonneau needs to sit Andrei Kostitsyn down and tell him that he's gotta be the go-to-offensive player now. Increase his ice-time and give him more PP time.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Doctor House

I hope someone calls him out in the locker room - **** I rarely criticize players but Kovalev's act is getting old.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote