HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value: What is Kovalev worth?

Old
02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
playbedar

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to playbedar
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
That probably why this team won 24 Stanley Cup . Because we're too hard with them.
There's kind of a difference between being hard and being ****ing ridiculous. It's not only with Kovalev, it's the same thing with Koivu's leadership and Latendresse's talent, etc.

Hockey is supposed to be a fun thing, you're just being negative as **** because you have nothing else to do I guess.

Since 1993, fans had a good reason to be negative about their team but since at least two years we have a great club that's fun to watch ... so please ... calm down guys.

playbedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
do you really think Andrei is ready to be that guy, the lack of consistency kinda bothers me.
I think he can become it...maybe not this year, but down the line. It's a process.

But maybe giving him at least 18+mins a nite and giving him half as much slack as Kovalev gets would be a step in the right direction.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:55 PM
C4KOMI

enough with badmouthing kovalev, this guy keeps doing his best for this team and its never enough
if there is anyone to move out it should be koivu not kovalev.
what has koivu done since a decade
he's a good worker just like sundin or alfredson
but they're not leaders specially in playoffs.
change of scenery should be with koivu.

C4KOMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
enough with badmouthing kovalev, this guy keeps doing his best for this team and its never enough
Alex, is that you?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
GoodKiwi

By the way, what was that guy's name who used to only show up after Kovalev had a big game?

Wonder where he's at right now...

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
habsdude

Quote:
Wow. I totally disagree. I would keep Koivu before Kovalev and its not even close. And Koivu is undoubtedly one of our leaders and most important players during the playoffs. I understand you're trying to defend Kovy, but bashing Koivu is just stupid. He's got way more heart than Kovy ever will.

habsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Koivu is no good in the playoffs??

When your parents decide that you're old enough to let you stay up late enough to watch hockey games, you can come here and discuss the Habs with us. Until then, do your homework and be a good boy.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Puckhead58*

I think its time for Kovy to hit the road. If he isn't going to give a solid effort every game he plays....then he's no good to us....he's just holding other players back. If he wants to float around and give zero effort then trade him to a team like Nashville where hockey means nothing. To give such little effort for a great team like the Canadiens, is just pityful and painful to watch.

I love Kovalev when he is playing at the top of his game....there aren't many players as good as him with the puck....but lately there are too many games where he doesn't show up to play. We need him to play hard and score points and if he can't/won't do that, its time for a change of scenery for the Habs and Kovalev.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsdude View Post
I could care less if gets 80 pts or whatever. Maybe expecting him to give a consistent effort is too much? And its been much longer than a moment's notice my friend.

There we have it...

To have a team live or die by the whim of a lazy player, is an extremely bad idea.

Last year Kovalev carried the team on his shoulders, the year he is dragging it down.....

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Johnny Hotrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
this is ridiculous, first off we are not trading Kovy. second off why would we want to get rid of our only natural scoring talent besides maybe A Kost ? third off he is in a funk right now ( which to me means he is playing through some sort of an injury ) he will pull out of it just in time, when we need him most the playoffs !

Trade Kovy.. thanks for the laugh.

This is a great post, Kovy often plays hurt, yet people constantly question his heart and toughness. Meanwhile other players are constantly out and avoid criticism.

Johnny Hotrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Give Kovy a change of scenery...change Carbonneau's job title to "advance scout" and hire a coach that can coach offensive players. Bob Hartley anyone?
Bull****ingcrap! Again blaming the coach for Kovalev's lack of heart and effort! I guess all of the other coaches he's had in his career were also all to blame for his inconsistency, right? Bull!!!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote