HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1-31-09 Ducks at Avs 1 PM MT

Old
01-31-2009, 06:07 PM
avspatti

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister blues View Post
We would have won this game if we'd had something that resembles a defensive system that the players buy into.Is that really too much to ask for?
No, it isn't. Why is it that Cloutier never seems to get any blame for anything? I just don't understand that.

avspatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
This coming from a guy who said Forsberg was more likely to go to New York than Colorado in order to "win".
Was I wrong? He's not coming.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Elwood Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by avspatti View Post
No, it isn't. Why is it that Cloutier never seems to get any blame for anything? I just don't understand that.
I guess he's a card carrying member of the old boys club.Cloutier that is!I tend to get his name mixed up with Inspector Closeau which is kinda funny!Until you start thinking about how long he has been with the AVS that is!

Elwood Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:21 PM
boz
Altitude Fan

we are cooked.

going to go see if Dater has spewed out something in his blog yet. Luv reading his rants.

boz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Elwood Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
Engblom needs to regrow the mullet.
Without it he's gonna start looking like Al Iafrate which is a look that can scare small children

Elwood Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:33 PM
detrude
(╯□)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconski View Post
sadly enough, I can't see us finishing any worse than 26th in the league, and that still requires some effort
I think it's within reach. We're 6 points ahead of 28th place Ottawa, who has a few games in hand. With a road heavy schedule this month I wouldn't be surprised to see a few losing streaks of 3 or more. And if Giguere is smart and sells at the deadline we could very well sink like a rock.

detrude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:54 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by detrude View Post
I think it's within reach. We're 6 points ahead of 28th place Ottawa, who has a few games in hand. With a road heavy schedule this month I wouldn't be surprised to see a few losing streaks of 3 or more. And if Giguere is smart and sells at the deadline we could very well sink like a rock.
I think this may be the first time ever that I have rooted against my team. They need the draft picks bad.

hockeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Quote:
Originally Posted by boz View Post
we are cooked.

going to go see if Dater has spewed out something in his blog yet. Luv reading his rants.
Yup, high quality entertainment. Except for his Theodore love affair, I agree with most of his rantings.

Old
01-31-2009, 07:16 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Peckerskull View Post
Yes, you were.

"I considered returning to the Avalanche, but they are struggling (losing six of their past seven) and I didn't want to take any space under the salary cap. I didn't want to return to the Flyers after all my foot problems the last time I was there."

Do you see a mention of New York there? Also, he specifically said he had no intention of returning to the Flyers, which was the other team you mentioned he'd go to because he wants to "win".

You can stop having dreams about Forsberg playing on a line with Drury and Naslund now. But I'll continue to have my dreams about the team landing a top prospect.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:19 PM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

It is pretty sad to think the only reason Forsberg didn't come to the NHL is because the Avs are playing so terrible.

Giguere is starting to piss me off. This has been the worst season in Avalanche history and I haven't seen his face this year. Too bad they aren't a Canadian team and he had to face the media every day.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Chileiceman

I missed this one. Was Arnason indeed scratched?

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:42 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I missed this one. Was Arnason indeed scratched?
He indeed was.

Old
01-31-2009, 07:48 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I'm just glad that it will be CLEAR AS DAY that we need to be sellers. None of this iffy-maybe crap. The re-tool will do wonders for this franchise.
QFT - Brutal game. This team needs an enema!

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Avsboy

This team needs a Tavares

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 08:02 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
He's not coming to the Avs, but the Rangers were never in consideration thus he was more likely to go t the Avs than the Rangers.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Stick a fork in 'em baby. They're done.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 09:22 PM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister blues View Post
Hopefully the Svatos on the first line experiment will end after this game.I like Svatos but he is not first line material.Put Duke back where he belongs.
Hmm, I thought Svatos played really well today. He looked like the Marek of old there, with his dangling moves actually working. He drew a couple penalties like that and had some great chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
If the Avs finish with a top 8 pick, they'll still get a good player. Hedman and Tavares aren't the only players in this draft.
I agree. Obviously the higher the better, but I can count about 8 top end prospects. I would rank them

Tavares
Hedman

Duchene

MSP

Cowen
Shroeder
Kane
Schenn

Then you got some very good ones in Despres, Kadri and Ellis just after. But I would say the after the top 8, it drops slightly.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:30 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Yes, you were.

"I considered returning to the Avalanche, but they are struggling (losing six of their past seven) and I didn't want to take any space under the salary cap. I didn't want to return to the Flyers after all my foot problems the last time I was there."

Do you see a mention of New York there? Also, he specifically said he had no intention of returning to the Flyers, which was the other team you mentioned he'd go to because he wants to "win".

You can stop having dreams about Forsberg playing on a line with Drury and Naslund now. But I'll continue to have my dreams about the team landing a top prospect.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never had any "dreams" about Peter playing for anyone. The tendency of folks here taking every comment to the opposite extreme is ridiculous. In updates about where he might go, Colorado, Philly, NYR, and Chicago were all mentioned, as has Peter's desire to win been well documented over the years. Right or wrong, that is a fact, so you can stop with the "I told you so." BS.

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:40 PM
Golden Foppa

Just because some journalist speculated that NYR or Chicago could be a destination for Forsberg doesn't mean that he even remotely considered going to either team.

It's Avs or Modo and has been that way for a while now.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 12:46 AM
shadow1

Quote:
Don't put words in my mouth. I never had any "dreams" about Peter playing for anyone. The tendency of folks here taking every comment to the opposite extreme is ridiculous. In updates about where he might go, Colorado, Philly, NYR, and Chicago were all mentioned, as has Peter's desire to win been well documented over the years. Right or wrong, that is a fact, so you can stop with the "I told you so." BS.
There were no updates, besides Eklund (I don't know if you know, but he doesn't count).

If you don't want people to take you the wrong way, then stop coming off as an ass. It's a pretty simple concept. You made me sound like an idiot for no good reason, so now I'm proving that you are one. Boo ****ing hoo.

Old
02-01-2009, 03:09 AM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Hmm, I thought Svatos played really well today. He looked like the Marek of old there, with his dangling moves actually working. He drew a couple penalties like that and had some great chances.

I agree. Obviously the higher the better, but I can count about 8 top end prospects. I would rank them

Tavares
Hedman

Duchene

MSP

Cowen
Shroeder
Kane
Schenn

Then you got some very good ones in Despres, Kadri and Ellis just after. But I would say the after the top 8, it drops slightly.
Honestly. I think Tavares and Hedman are not any better than the other top 8. I really like Kane. He is a hard working winger and we already have enough centers in the organization. Also Cowen would be a good addition to our d prospect pool.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
quesosauce

i would love to have a guy like cowen

quesosauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
U can blame Budaj for 2 of the 4 goals yesterday....He even turned the wrong way on the parros goal...the Getzlaf goal was his fault for not stopping the play when he had a chance. He just does not have the mental capability to play as a #1 goaliein this league. Brett Clark is a train wreck. I loved Svatos game and overall effort yesterday....Hes one of the only players on our team with speed and were thinking about trading the guy? The only thing to look forward to right now is the draft and Magnus Svensson- Paajarvi

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
U can blame Budaj for 2 of the 4 goals yesterday....He even turned the wrong way on the parros goal...the Getzlaf goal was his fault for not stopping the play when he had a chance. He just does not have the mental capability to play as a #1 goaliein this league. Brett Clark is a train wreck. I loved Svatos game and overall effort yesterday....Hes one of the only players on our team with speed and were thinking about trading the guy? The only thing to look forward to right now is the draft and Magnus Svensson- Paajarvi
Does anyone have youtube clips of this Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi guy? I keep hearing about him but I have never even seen a single play by him.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
Just you tube his name and several clips come up.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote