HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs vs Flames: Habs fans WEAR WHITE & Pregame meetup

Old
02-02-2009, 07:02 PM
schwartzy

vCash: 500
ya totally...but i don't have anything white...it's all red. I've gotta run out and buy a white canadiens t-shirt.

do you (or anyone else) know where I can get a white canadiens tshirt? I've checked ebay but they are only size XL.

Last edited by schwartzy: 02-02-2009 at 07:36 PM.
schwartzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
SooperSingh

i've seen few shirts at Jersey City, not sure if they are white though.

SooperSingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Bloodflowers

Yeah Jersey City usually has t-shirts I always notice the mock of the white vinatge ones with the blue stripe. Sometimes sporting goods stores carry white Habs jerseys for real cheap. Sometimes white practices jerseys too of NHL teams. Try Sportcheck or Sportmart. If all else fails wrap yourself in papertowel

Bloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:32 PM
schwartzy

haha..thanks for the suggestions guy's. I like the idea of the white, although i have to admit i was originally stoked to wear my new jersey..

schwartzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

Habs @ Flames - Anyone looking for tickets still?

I may have been able to score some tickets in the lower bowl (section 107 - habs attacktwice in row 7) and was wondering if anyone was still looking to go. And if you have a sister bring her I need a date

Bunka Gurndeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzy View Post
haha..thanks for the suggestions guy's. I like the idea of the white, although i have to admit i was originally stoked to wear my new jersey..
I hear ya. It's totally understandable if guys only have red jerseys and want to wear them. On the flip side though who knows. Maybe if this can be pulled off half way decent maybe it catches on for next year and in a perfect world becomes tradition in Calgary for Habs fans to wear white when the boys come to town.

Old
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcooke View Post
I may have been able to score some tickets in the lower bowl (section 107 - habs attacktwice in row 7) and was wondering if anyone was still looking to go. And if you have a sister bring her I need a date
Sweet seats man. WEAR WHITE and tell anyone you know whos' going to wear white

Old
02-03-2009, 08:22 PM
McGillHabFan

If anyone's looking for tickets to the Habs-Flames game, pm me. One of my buddys has an extra pair. Looking forward to seeing all the white in the stands in Calgary.

McGillHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Well I should stress my relatives are guy cousins, so forget about it... unless you're into that thing and even then, fat chance. I'm in the midst of trying to get a ticket of my own and I'm not sure if it's going to be one or two. If it's a second one I get, I may be putting that one up for grabs for anyone that wants it. But it's a big if at the moment.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Bloodflowers

If anyone is still looking for tickets here's the link to the "Habs Fans in Calgary" group on facebook. Bobby Boutilier has a pair of tickets for sale. Here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?r...gid=2254977934

Old
02-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Bloodflowers

Only a few days to go everyone. Only a few more days to put up with this thread Make sure if you're going to the game in Calgary on Monday, February 9th that you WEAR WHITE. Tell everyone you know who's going to WEAR WHITE and tell them to tell everyone they know to WEAR WHITE!!!!! Flyers have been posted at Mount Royal college and at the Chinook Center Mall. If anyone has the ambition feel free to take the image in the link posted below and e-mail it, print it out and post it places, whatever. Let's just get the word out. If anyone wants to text a message to Drive This or Hardcore Hockey on the Score in the afternoons between 3:00 - 4:25 Calgary time the number is 776776. They'll put it on air every time you text. Peanut the guy who screens the texts loves the idea so let's spread the word. GO HABS GO!!! WEAR WHITE!!!

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...89116_7872.jpg

Old
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
antoniojr

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzy View Post
ya totally...but i don't have anything white...it's all red. I've gotta run out and buy a white canadiens t-shirt.

do you (or anyone else) know where I can get a white canadiens tshirt? I've checked ebay but they are only size XL.
GameOn Sports in Deerfoot Mall and Premier Sports in Marlborough Mall have TONS of Habs gear. Both have Habs specific sections, mostly made up of 100 year Anniversary stuff. Check em out.

put your pride, desires and red jerseys aside! WEAR WHITE! HAHA

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
GameOn Sports in Deerfoot Mall and Premier Sports in Marlborough Mall have TONS of Habs gear. Both have Habs specific sections, mostly made up of 100 year Anniversary stuff. Check em out.
Good to know. Also if anyone is in need of a white jersey check out Canadian Tire. They usually have jerseys for cheap. I saw three in the Red Deer Canadian Tire today for $80. White ones too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniojr View Post
put your pride, desires and red jerseys aside! WEAR WHITE! HAHA
So true!!! WEAR WHITE EVERYONE!! If you're on facebook feel free to use the image in the link as your profile picture untill Monday.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...89116_7872.jpg

Also don't be shy of announcing the WEAR WHITE thing in your status updates. We've only got 4 days to get the WEAR WHITE word out.

Old
02-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Penalty Killer

Alright, looks like I'm there! And I'm bringing my white Koivu 3rd jersey from a couple seasons ago. I've got a white Roy jersey from many seasons ago, but I'll go with the Koivu one.

My bro likes the Habs, but his fav team is the Flames, so he'll be in red, unfortunately...

Penalty Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I've got a white t-shirt, white Roy jersey (1982-97 lettering and number design) and the third jersey (Ryder, not ashamed to wear it though). I can distribute it among my Hab fan cousins and we'll have a white out going!

Old
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
antoniojr

Well done guys! Spread the word...this could easily become a tradition. Hahaha
Im so pumped for Monday!

antoniojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 07:16 PM
JIMVINNY

Looks like I better find myself something white this weekend. Don't want to blend in with my flamers, I mean flames fan buddies.

JIMVINNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 07:22 PM
SooperSingh

Let me know if anyone needs tickets, i got two for $200 (face value $65 per ticket)

SooperSingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Bloodflowers

A few or a bunch of us should call the Big Show on The Fan 960 Monday afternoon to spread the WEAR WHITE idea. I think I might call and be a fake Flames fan. Say I heard about this and saw it on The Score and how Flames fan should rally around it and bring the Sea of Red even more than normal. All the while mentioning how Habs fans are going to wear white.

I mean it would get them talking about it so Habs fans who don't know about it can calla last second audible and WEAR WHITE. If people hear it on radio they'll think it's "official". Plus if more Flames fans wear red than normal the WHITE will just be that much more visable. Win win for us.

We should get a bunch of people to call and e-mail on Monday afternoon.

Old
02-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Hab-a-maniac

I'm bringing the white, but if these road losses continue I might need to bring a paper bag. The Flames are solid at home, nearly unbeatable. If Anaheim manages to break this trend, they'll only be super pissed and could score 6 or 7 on us if they want. I've seen this team when it gets mad. Iginla can will his teams to victory at the Dome and we'll be in deep ****.

Old
02-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Bloodflowers

Does anybody know if the Habs will hold an open to the public practice on Sunday or Monday in Calgary? And if so what time will it be at? I'd ould love to go and check that out. It'd also be a perfect time to promote the WEAR WHITE idea if there's alot of Habs fans there.

Old
02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
zepps

I'll be going to the game and cheering for the Habs. I'll wear white in support. Can't stand the Flames.

zepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Bloodflowers

AWESOME! the more people on board with the idea of WEARING WHITE the better.

Also I'm hearing the Habs practice at 10:00am on Monday will be open to the public. Don't quote me on that but if that's the case it might be worth looking into. Here's the number for the Flames office - 403-777-4646, option 1.

Also don't forget to WEAR WHITE to the game and tell everyone you know who's going to also WEAR WHITE

Old
02-08-2009, 02:15 AM
Bloodflowers

for any Habs fans who are interested we are meeting at the Rose and Crown on 17th Ave and 4th St. at 4:30(don't be late lol). It's walking distance to the Saddledome. About 5 or 6 blocks away. The 3rd and 4th Street SW stops downtown and the Victoria Park stop are the closest train stops, bringing you to at most 8 blocks. Bring your white jerseys(if you have one), White t-shirts(if you have one), your signs and don't shy away from bringing some nice large Habs flags, and or even white towels. And definately bring some loud vocal chords. Plenty of singing to do all night at the dome! We'll walk over as a group around 6ish so we can try to catch the boys durring warm up and get some photos.

and as always WEAR WHITE, tell everyone you know who's going to the game to WEAR WHITE and again tell them to tell everyone they know to WEAR WHITE!!

Also the Habs are practicing at 10:00 am at the Dome Monday morning. Apparently it's open to the public but feel free to double check with the Flames office: 403-777-4646, option 1.

Go Habs Go!

Old
02-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Scatch that-wear pink instead. It would be more fitting.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote