HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Colin Wilson

Old
01-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Rogie21

vCash: 500
Colin Wilson

Scored twice and added an assist as #2-ranked BU shut out #11 New Hampshire, 5-0. Also picked up a game misconduct when UNH's frustrated captain took some liberties. Comments from the BU coach:

“Colin Wilson played great tonight,” BU coach Jack Parker said. “He was the best player on the ice both offensively and defensively.” Parker then laughed ruefully, mindful of the sophomore’s looming pro career. “I don’t think we’ll have him after this semester so we might wear him out.”

Video highlights

As a BU fan who'd hoped we might get one more year out of him, looks like that isn't gonna happen..

Rogie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
Scored twice and added an assist as #2-ranked BU shut out #11 New Hampshire, 5-0. Also picked up a game misconduct when UNH's frustrated captain took some liberties. Comments from the BU coach:

“Colin Wilson played great tonight,” BU coach Jack Parker said. “He was the best player on the ice both offensively and defensively.” Parker then laughed ruefully, mindful of the sophomore’s looming pro career. “I don’t think we’ll have him after this semester so we might wear him out.”

Video highlights

As a BU fan who'd hoped we might get one more year out of him, looks like that isn't gonna happen..
that was always the plan for the Preds & Wilson ... 2 years & then to the NHL

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

FOLLOW INCH: Facebook | MySpace | Twitter |

NEWSSTAND RANKINGS PICK 'EM TEAMS CONFERENCES RECRUITING NCAA HISTORY ARCHIVES SHOP
NOTEBOOKS: Atlantic Hockey | CCHA | CHA | ECAC Hockey | Hockey East | WCHA TV SCHEDULE PODCAST POTW MIKE CHECK ABOUT INCH CONTACT US

January 28, 2009

The Hobey Baker Memorial Award is presented to a deserving recipient on the day before the last college hockey game of the season. But that doesn’t mean that college hockey fans, players and media members don’t think about it all season. Inside College Hockey's Hobey Tracker looks at the top three candidates for the award, those whose stock is rising or falling, and other players worthy of consideration.

The Hobey Tracker will be updated weekly during the remainder of the season.

THE BIG BOARD

1. Colin Wilson
Boston University
Sophomore | Forward
To Date: 9-21—30, 4 PPG, 3 GWG, +9
Since Last Tracker: 2-2—4, GWG, +3 in weekend sweep of New Hampshire

The Buzz: Wilson has been virtually unstoppable since returning from his stint with the U.S. team at the World Junior Championship. In six games in January, Wilson has 2-7—9 and his current five-game point streak matches his season best in that department. And like it or not, the Beanpot Tournament, which starts Monday – BU opens against defensively challenged Harvard – is arguably the biggest regular-season event in college hockey. A strong showing there can enhance Wilson's chances greatly.

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 02:27 AM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I really hope Colin Wilson is getting everything he can out of college life this semester , since it's likely to be his last and all.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:44 AM
flannelman
goodbye.

Unsure if y'll can see it - but the Beanpot is on tonight and Wilson and BU are suiting up against Harvard - starts at 5pm - I wonder if atdhe.net will have it on? I'm watching - so will give a rundown if I can.

Last edited by flannelman: 02-02-2009 at 02:15 PM.
flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:55 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
Unsure if y'll can see it - but the Beanpot is on tonight and Wilson and BU are suiting up against Harvard - starts at 5pm - I wonder if adnet will have it on? I'm watching - so will give a rundown if I can.

Sounds good, I haven't seen a Beanpot since I left NH. Most are rumoring that this might be Wilson's comming out party.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
flannelman
goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Sounds good, I haven't seen a Beanpot since I left NH. Most are rumoring that this might be Wilson's comming out party.
I've seen him twice this year and he dominates. Must love the Beanpot, always a great lil' tourney.

Old
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Unsure if y'll can see it - but the Beanpot is on tonight and Wilson and BU are suiting up against Harvard - starts at 5pm - I wonder if atdhe.net will have it on? I'm watching - so will give a rundown if I can.
Yeah um no ... *boos loudly* ... atdhe is not broadcasting the Beanpot, instead it's showing Blues - Wings, Flames - Avs & Sabres - Ducks

Old
02-02-2009, 06:39 PM
flannelman
goodbye.

good game - Harvard almost tied it up to send it into OT. BU had the final goal, going up on the powerplay 4-3 with just a few minutes of the 3rd left. Wilson was on the PP unit waiting to pounce on the rebound had it not gone in, shot/goal by Lawrence, I believe.

However, Wilson took a tripping penalty in the 3rd which Harvard took advantage of to tie it up 3-3.

He skates very well, has a goal scorer's nose - goes to the net and positions himself well for rebounds. He reminds me a lot of Arnott, only I'd say a better skater, but just not as strong (yet). I don't think this is the best game I've seen him play this year, but another strong outing, nonetheless.

I'm sure statistics will be available soon.

Old
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
good game - Harvard almost tied it up to send it into OT. BU had the final goal, going up on the powerplay 4-3 with just a few minutes of the 3rd left. Wilson was on the PP unit waiting to pounce on the rebound had it not gone in, shot/goal by Lawrence, I believe.

However, Wilson took a tripping penalty in the 3rd which Harvard took advantage of to tie it up 3-3.

He skates very well, has a goal scorer's nose - goes to the net and positions himself well for rebounds. He reminds me a lot of Arnott, only I'd say a better skater, but just not as strong (yet). I don't think this is the best game I've seen him play this year, but another strong outing, nonetheless.

I'm sure statistics will be available soon.
You are spot on with the Arnott comparsion. Wilson definitely doesn't have the strength yet, but is still developing and will be there soon enough.

Was definitely not the strongest game for Wilson. Colin didn't appear to have his skill game working tonight, but switched by the start of the second to a power game opening up room for his teammates and getting his nose dirty in all the right areas (corners, net front, etc). He was solid defensively and played very physical in his own end throughout the night, but as you pointed out, it was a very bad tripping penalty in the dying minutes that sent Havard to the PP where they tied it up.

Definitely needs to work on his strength to play his game at the NHL level, but appears to be ready to make the jump to the pro ranks as soon as the end of the NCAA season and no later than the summer.

Should be interesting to watch what type of progress he makes with a full summer of work with David Good. Blum had great success this past summer working with Good to fill out his frame (yes, he too has a ways to go, but he started at 160) and I'm sure that with a little dedication Wilson will benefit as well.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
flannelman
goodbye.

Beanpot final is on tonight at 8pm EST - hopefully Wilson has a better game. BU is playing Northeastern University #3, i believe.

Old
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

is this one on TV?

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
is this one on TV?
NESN (no online feed - atdhe.net)

Old
02-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Wilson had a monster game: 1g-2a-3p. 6 SOG and +2.

You guys have a real special player in Wilson. He's got the entire package: skill, grit, heart, and leadership.

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2009, 11:54 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post

You guys have a real special player in Wilson. He's got the entire package: skill, grit, heart, and leadership.
Dammit! I forgot the game was tonight. I was planning on watching it all week.

Wilson is a beast.

Last edited by Enoch: 02-10-2009 at 11:23 AM.
predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Man what a beast.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 10:37 AM
flannelman
goodbye.

I'm liking him more than JVR

Old
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I'm liking him more than JVR
He is such a complete player. He is big, he goes to the net, he plays defense, he is a leader on the ice.....It is hard not to love this guy. I hope that he turns out to be a top 6 player and not a glorified third line center, but I know I will be cheering for him for quite awhile regardless.

02-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Rogie21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stories View Post

Eveything he said--plus exceptional vision and strength. Just shrugs off opponents.

Video highlights http://www.nesn.com/content/videocen...px?navCatId=21
Wilson assisted on BU's third goal, scored the fifth.

Old
02-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Rogie21

First carreer hattrick last night, along with 13-3 on faceoffs.

Old
02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
First carreer hattrick last night, along with 13-3 on faceoffs.
He's absolutely unreal, I really hope the Preds are penciling him next year cause he's ready.

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2009, 05:32 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

You guys have something really special here.

Bruins and Terriers fan speaking, he is one of the better ones I've seen in a while, coming up the ranks. You guys found yourself a gem.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

February 18, 2009

The Hobey Baker Memorial Award is presented to a deserving recipient on the day before the last college hockey game of the season. But that doesn’t mean that college hockey fans, players and media members don’t think about it all season. Inside College Hockey's Hobey Tracker looks at the top three candidates for the award, those whose stock is rising or falling, and other players worthy of consideration.

The Hobey Tracker will be updated weekly during the remainder of the season.

THE BIG BOARD

1. Colin Wilson
Boston University
Sophomore | Forward
To Date: 13-27–40, 5 PPG, 1 SHG, 3 GWG, +12
Since Last Tracker: 3-1–4, PPG, +2 at Maine, at Maine

The Buzz: The Terriers keep rolling along and Wilson continues to lead the way. He had a hat trick in a four-point night as BU buried Maine up at Alfond Arena, but was held off the scoresheet in a 2-2 tie the following night against the Black Bears.

2. Jamie McBain
Wisconsin
Junior | Defenseman
To Date: 7-27–34, 4 PPG, 1 SHG, 1 GWG, -9
Since Last Tracker: Wisconsin did not play last week.

The Buzz: McBain was unusually quiet last weekend, most likely because the Badgers didn't play. That gives us a chance to look ahead, and McBain has a couple of glorious opportunities to cement his Hobey status over the next three weeks. The first is this weekend's series with Denver in Madison – the Badgers trail Pioneers, the WCHA co-leaders, by one point in the conference standings. Should Bucky prevail over DU, it sets up a likely showdown for the league's regular-season title at the Kohl Center March 6-7, when the other current WCHA co-leader, North Dakota, visits.

3. Viktor Stålberg
Vermont
Junior | Forward
To Date: 20-14–34, 6 PPG, 1 SHG, +7
Since Last Tracker: 2-1–3, even rating in split at Merrimack.

The Buzz: Stålberg extended his point streak to six games last week and has at least one point in 17 of Vermont's last 18 contests, and 27 points overall in that stretch. He had a goal and 10 shots in Vermont's surprise loss at Merrimack on Friday, then contributed a goal and assist in Saturday's win as the Catamounts rallied from a 2-0 deficit to beat Merrimack.

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote