HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Davis Drewiske recalled

Old
02-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Davis Drewiske recalled

http://manchestermonarchs.com/fullstory.php?id=3325

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Championship.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Why? How retarded. Play the defensemen up there now! We had 8 defensemen before the Gauthier suspension... We don't need anymore. Let Preissing earn at least some part of his paycheck. I am all for playing youngsters and everything, but there are too many cooks in the kitchen. If you aren't going to play your defensemen then trade them or waive them.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Why? How retarded. Play the defensemen up there now! We had 8 defensemen before the Gauthier suspension... We don't need anymore. Let Preissing earn at least some part of his paycheck. I am all for playing youngsters and everything, but there are too many cooks in the kitchen. If you aren't going to play your defensemen then trade them or waive them.
I'm guessing Frolov is being packaged with perhaps another dman.

*edit* I'm guessing maybe O'D.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:30 PM
willie

This situation with Preissing is perplexing. I hate to speculate but it really seems like something is awry behind the scenes.

Is it safe to assume with this callup that Bagnall has no chance of ever becoming of a depth defenseman in the NHL?

willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Johnny Utah

This is a weird call up...? Just play Harrold or Preissing?

Maybe they are rewarding Drewiske...

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
I think Preissing not playing has to be somehow related to Preissing's time with the other Murray in Ottawa...

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:35 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie View Post
This situation with Preissing is perplexing. I hate to speculate but it really seems like something is awry behind the scenes.

Is it safe to assume with this callup that Bagnall has no chance of ever becoming of a depth defenseman in the NHL?
From what I hear, Bagnall just can't skate well enough. Besides,
with the kings still in the playoff hunt, Drewiske seems like the safer pick.

I do think Bagnall will play for someone in the nhl, perhaps, just not the kings.

Old
02-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I think Preissing is getting kicked in the gonads for no reason. We endure Gauthier the whole season but Preissing is not good enough to play on the team? Preissing was producing points, but the guy is getting his face shoved into his own ****. If he is a defensive liability then teach him to play a good two way game, but for **** sake let the guy try! He is not getting a fair shake and he is becoming the O'Sullivan of defense.

This team needs to play their players. I have no clue whats going on behind the scenes, but there has to be something up. There are 7 defensemen that can play that are there now (8 if you include this call-up) and we only need 6... Preissing is the most experienced, has played in the Stanley Cup finals and posted a season with a 40+ plus/minus rating... He knows how to play his position and knows his role. I don't see what the big problem is with our coaching staff that believes he is just incapable of playing in his own end... But they aren't even letting the guy try.

Old
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I think Preissing not playing has to be somehow related to Preissing's time with the other Murray in Ottawa...
Maybe but he was often in Crawford's doghouse as well. I met him at after the Buffalo bloodbath last season and he was pretty frustrated with Crawford. I can't imagine how he feels now. They have Peter friggin Harrold playing ahead of him.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Johnny Utah

Army-Ivanans are on the 4th line rotating with Harrold and Zeiler...if the Kings want speed and skill, they have to go with Harrold to make up for Army and Ivanans lack of speed...so that leaves Preissing as the #6 guy......You call up Drewiske and he becomes the #6 or #7 behind Preissing. Makes sense to me. Harrold has become a utility forward and occasional #6 D.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
I was a big Drewiske fan in preseason so I'm happy to see him getting a cup of coffee, but it's definitely a perplexing move given our seven healthy defensemen. Maybe we're leaving Preissing behind on this road trip, Conroy style?

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I think Preissing is getting kicked in the gonads for no reason. We endure Gauthier the whole season but Preissing is not good enough to play on the team? Preissing was producing points, but the guy is getting his face shoved into his own ****. If he is a defensive liability then teach him to play a good two way game, but for **** sake let the guy try! He is not getting a fair shake and he is becoming the O'Sullivan of defense.

This team needs to play their players. I have no clue whats going on behind the scenes, but there has to be something up. There are 7 defensemen that can play that are there now (8 if you include this call-up) and we only need 6... Preissing is the most experienced, has played in the Stanley Cup finals and posted a season with a 40+ plus/minus rating... He knows how to play his position and knows his role. I don't see what the big problem is with our coaching staff that believes he is just incapable of playing in his own end... But they aren't even letting the guy try.
TM likes guys who are intense and show it in practice. I think Preissing pretty much doesn't give a crap about what TM thinks and shows it by being indifferent in practice. Preissing probably wants to get moved imo.

Old
02-02-2009, 07:14 PM
greengiant91

I don't understand the obsession with Preissing he hasn't done anything to earn a spot and you guys can't honestly tell me you even think about him unless its in a trade proposal, that's just me though

greengiant91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Ollie Weeks

I think Preissing needs to get back into the lineup, at the very least to convince someone, anyone, to trade for him. Until that time comes, he'll likely remain where he is.

Wouldn't mind seeing Drewiske get a game or two in.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Well if Preissing doesn't play tmrw I dont think he plays again in a kings uniform(unless a team interested in him insists he plays a couple games). Why call up another guy when you have enough d-men? Oh well it must be nice for preissing to be making 2 million plus and do nothing.

just read rich's blog and one reason the call up happened is because Greene is day to day after taking a puck to his foot. He may not play tmrw.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:38 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

We've got our answer. http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ay-to-day.html

Greene day to day

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
We've got our answer. http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/200...ay-to-day.html

Greene day to day
Yeah, just read that. That is fine to me. But that still means they have 6 defensemen and they are calling up a 7th. In the end, as long as this is not a call-up for the Gauthier suspension, I am fine with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengiant91 View Post
I don't understand the obsession with Preissing he hasn't done anything to earn a spot and you guys can't honestly tell me you even think about him unless its in a trade proposal, that's just me though
I don't understand the hatred. The guy is making $2.75 million and has been scratch most of this season. He was a good player for both San Jose and Ottawa. I agree that he should be traded, but at the very least they need to be allowing him to play in some capacity. The guy has been barely played and I don't think it is the most challenging thing in the world for this coaching staff to suck it up, be professional, and make a player out of him. He has a decent offensive skillset and I don't see why Harrold is above him on the depth chart or the last pairing.

Old
02-02-2009, 07:49 PM
motalar

If both Greene and Gauthier are out tomorrow, maybe they feel Drewiske is more of a physical presense than Preissing.

motalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by motalar View Post
If both Greene and Gauthier are out tomorrow, maybe they feel Drewiske is more of a physical presense than Preissing.
Well that is exactly it, which is why I am o.k. with the move. Didn't know Greene's health was in question, but Gauthier is still out of the lineup, and the deadline is looming. How they handle Preissing this month is going to be huge. Unless they are keeping him for next year since we are losing a few of our D-men, it makes no sense not to play him. Even if they are trading him, they should play him and showcase him.

Old
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Omni Owl

Man, losing Greene sucks. At least Johnson is back, and we still have Quincey.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:24 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Odd that they would post the call up prior to announcing the injury. Usually, it's the other way around.

Anyhoo, hope to see Drewiske play tomorrow since Preissing is pretty much history as far as being a king.

Old
02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Drewiske looked good in the preseason, hopefully he comes in and plays well.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:45 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Drewiske looked good in the preseason, hopefully he comes in and plays well.
The Kings scouts loved this guy in pre-season. He's a darkhorse to play in the NHL someday but they loved the simple game that he played. He's just a real consistent stay at home guy with a good head on his shoulders.
They were pretty much ripping Piskula to shreds. As for Bags mentioned above? I'm sure he'll be a career minor leaguer but a tough one at that.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by motalar View Post
This or If one of our 6 gets hurt in the morning skate we have insurance.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote