HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Captain Koivu & Captain Kovalev...who's the the real leader?

Old
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
BBrowser

vCash: 500
Kovi isn't even a fake leader; he's a fake period. Such a bad example for the K bros. Fancy dangles and turnovers.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:24 PM
habdynasty

dump them both and bring in Vinnie !! the guy knows how to win in the playoffs. best hab captains since I have been watching the habs -- Gainey> CORNOYER >Savard>Carbo> koivu

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
The n00b King ©*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
dump them both and bring in Vinnie !! the guy knows how to win in the playoffs. best hab captains since I have been watching the habs -- Gainey> CORNOYER >Savard>Carbo> koivu
Yeah, lets trade 2 pending UFA's for Vinny! WHY DIDN'T BOB THINK OF THIS?

The n00b King ©* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Belso

Captain K is. Komisarek

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Bermy

for the 10,000th time, Koivu is the leader

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
You are biased

Old
02-02-2009, 07:49 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
agreed

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:18 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Brad Richards > Vinny in the playoffs.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
and in the playoff and this season so far: Koivu>Kovalev

What does that mean? I dunno and my post is maybe as clueless than yours

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
agreed
First Post! Welcome

Old
02-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Koivu plays well regardless of whether or not Kovalev's in the lineup. Kovalev decides to play well when Koivu's not there. If anything, Kovalev just needs a big kick to the ass.
Where's Souray when you need him?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Bermy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
You are biased
no I'm not

But what we really need is both of these players to step up and help save this team. Everyone thinks it's all over now, but I'm a glass half full type of person. The flyers lost like 10 in a row last season and they ended up in the conference finals, something that this franchise hasn't done since 1993. I believe slumps build character (as long as they eventually get out of it of course)

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
Was it not koivu who said when he went down for injury a while ago that they NEEDED a captain on the ice, someone else to actually wear the C. Therefore I do not think you guys have a power struggle, if not for koivu kovalev would only have an A when koivu is out. That said I think koivu is going to minisota sooner rather than later and kovalev will take over. he's done a fine job
Did it occur to you that Kovalev is doing such a fine job that he may not be re-signed and he might be the one who's going to Minnesota (or elsewhere)?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Hard when you're in the pressbox, but he's come back from injury, 2 points in last 3 games playing less minutes. His playoff performance last year(with an injured foot) speak for themselves. I've seen him motivate the team before, but I think the only thing is, he's too much of a nice guy, he needs to put his foot down and single out players.
Remember when he roughed up Ribeiro for slacking in practice?

Old
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkiness View Post
Koivu has been very mediocre as the on-ice captain. He does not "lead by example" like players like Yzerman, Sakic, Jagr even do. He never turns it up a notch to win the game.

Kovalev does, but he isn't the captain so there are conflicts.

I wouldn't be surprised if Koivu is not kept over the summer, his tenure here has been strickingly mediocre.
Kovalev has ignited only his pilot light for quite a few games, not even enough to work up a sweat. How many shifts did he play in the 3rd period against the Bruins, 3?

Old
02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
should we blame coaching and management for our problems?
You may be on to something. The players hear Carbonneau but they don't listen to his rants. Gainey responds to injuries on the Habs by trading 7th rounders for career minor leaguers to play for the Bulldogs while Lamoriello signs bonafide NHL players. We all expected the Devils to collapse when Brodeur was injured but instead they're leading the Atlantic division. We know Lamoriello is a genius at staying under the cap but apparently he's also a far better judge of talent than Gainey. Remember, he traded up to draft Parise several slots after the Habs drafted AKost.

Old
02-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You may be on to something. The players hear Carbonneau but they don't listen to his rants. Gainey responds to injuries on the Habs by trading 7th rounders for career minor leaguers to play for the Bulldogs while Lamoriello signs bonafide NHL players. We all expected the Devils to collapse when Brodeur was injured but instead they're leading the Atlantic division. We know Lamoriello is a genius at staying under the cap but apparently he's also a far better judge of talent than Gainey. Remember, he traded up to draft Parise several slots after the Habs drafted AKost.
Drafting has nothing to do in that. GMs aren't really that into the drafting stuff. In Montreal, Gainey isn't in control at all. Timmins is in control. And you never really know what you're drafting. Who knows, maybe the Devils would have picked Kostitsyn if they had the 10th overall pick.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Ok now, I know Gainey doesn't really draft, but let's not compare who drafts better... NJ Devils probably has the worse drafts in 10 years. Besides Zajac, Parise, Paul Martin and Michael Rupp, no one played on a regular basis with this team, Mike Commodore being the only "regular" out there drafted by the Devils. Hey thats 10 long years. I understand they were drafting late in the first round but come on.

NJ drafts are pure wastes of time. Even Colorado and Tampa Bay looks like genius compare to NJ.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Slick Nick

Wow, so much Kovy hate on these boards.. kind of surprised...

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote