HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Carpinello Unleashes In His First Week At The Blog

Old
02-01-2009, 03:13 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

vCash: 500
Carpinello Unleashes In His First Week At The Blog

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Wow. Quite a to start off the job, huh?

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I prefer Sam's style, but at least Carpy isn't boring.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:20 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Fantastic job. WOW I forgot how good of a job Colin did with the team he had left and my God those teams were tuff

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:25 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I loved Sam's light hearted style, but Carpinello seems to tell it like he feels, so it's nice to not get the sugar coated answers.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:30 PM
lundy

I loved Sam's writing and happy sense of humor, but Carp is a breath of fresh air. Dude says what he thinks is up, and doesn't seem to be afraid to offend anyone. I like that. And I agree with a lot of what he said too.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Nick00

I prefer his style over Sam's. Carpinello gets right down to business and isn't afraid of voicing his opinion, whereas Sam was mainly about factual observations.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

I also felt that recently Sam was catering too much to some of those clowns that post comments on his site. I like the way Carp just posted what he believes.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Very little in terms of top prospects? I strongly disagree - AA, Sanguinetti, MDZ and Grachev...two top six forwards, and two top four D-men. Carpinello was a Campbell toadie as much as Dellapina was. Best guy on the beat right now is Andrew Gross.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Very little in terms of top prospects? I strongly disagree - AA, Sanguinetti, MDZ and Grachev...two top six forwards, and two top four D-men. Carpinello was a Campbell toadie as much as Dellapina was. Best guy on the beat right now is Andrew Gross.
I think he means top prospects relative to the other teams around the NHL.
We really don't have any top prospects right now, in regards to elite talent.
Rangers are ranked 24th in the NHL by HF, which I think is pretty accurate.
To quote HF's analysis:
Quote:
The tragic loss of Alexei Cherepanov creates an absence of elite talent, leaving behind a glut of power and checking forwards, and few natural goal scorers.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:39 PM
mhurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
I also felt that recently Sam was catering too much to some of those clowns that post comments on his site. I like the way Carp just posted what he believes.
I think Carp got right down to it by asking a simply question, should Renney stay or should he go? He wanted a simple yes or no answer but since a few felt the need to pontificate, Carp started another blog for everyone to voice their opinion.

It's a very clever stategy. By reading all the opinions, he can weed out the various opinions and get a feel for his audience.

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 05:43 PM
94now

Sam should have left sooner. Good blog article.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 07:30 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Sam was good, but I think he was a bit of an amateur compared to this guy. I love his candor and detail. Reminds me of Fischler a bit (who I happen to like).

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 08:06 PM
smoneil

I much prefer Weinman. This entry seemed...unorganized. It almost came off as more of a rant than a planned, point-driven entry. There was some quality in there (the insight about Sather's previous coach-hiring choices), but it was all way to random and haphazard to be an enjoyable read. I am curious to see whether he follows up on his plans to ask Renney what his problem with Prucha is, but I don't really expect him to do it.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 09:26 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
That's what I always thought, but in contrast with vanRiemsdyk, Turris, Stamkos, Boedker, Filatov, Backlund, Ryan, Bogosian, Schenn, Edler...

Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane, Phaneuf, Weber, Green already around...

How many rising stars can there be? As of now, Sanguinetti and maybe Anisimov appear to have All-Star potential.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
alkurtz

Finally someone who sees the Rangers objectively. It's hard to deal with a team that is average to mediocre, but that is what the Rangers are. But when you've been a Ranger fan as long as I have, going on 50 years, you learn one thing. My entire happiness as a fan cannot depend on winning. Of course I'm happier when they do but I take my happiness where I can find it and gnash my teeth quietly when they are inconsistent.

What makes me happy this year? Seeing Staal grow. Watching Callahan establish himself as a legitimate NHL player who could have a 15 career ala Todd Marchant. Watching Blair Betts, probably the best 4th line center in the NHL. Seeing brief glimpses of a real fine second line center in Dubi. Seeing glimpses of an excellent 3rd line defensive center in Korpokoski.

What frustrates me this year? Seeing Gomez again not being able to play with our top offensive winger (Jags last year, Zherdev this year). Not seeing expected growth from Zherdev and Dawes. Dare I say it: watching Henrik not having as good a year as he had last year. Watching Redden be the player every one (except the Ranger scouting staff) thought he would be. Our miserable powerplay. Our inability to handle an aggressive forecheck. Our inability to score. And knowing that realistically, we going to be a team that will finish 5 to 10th in the conference year after year.

Yeah, I think Renney is a fine coach. He has a team underachieving as individuals overachieving as a team.

And yeah...Colin Campbell was an excellent coach. I was never prouder to be a Ranger fan then in 97 when that banged up and beaten team made it to the conference finals and gave it their all against the Flyers.

So Carpinello....glad to have you back and keep telling it like it is,

alkurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Can appreciate the guy's enthusiasm, but I'm definitely not a fan of his writing style. I've seen posters on this board write more coherently than he does.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post

Yeah, I think Renney is a fine coach. He has a team underachieving as individuals overachieving as a team.
BINGO!

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Some good points on Renney. They've all been made here before.

Quote:
And you can all stop PLEASE your ideas of Wade Redden being released, reassigned or bought out. Itís not happening. Ever.
Amen to that though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Finally someone who sees the Rangers objectively. It's hard to deal with a team that is average to mediocre, but that is what the Rangers are. But when you've been a Ranger fan as long as I have, going on 50 years, you learn one thing. My entire happiness as a fan cannot depend on winning. Of course I'm happier when they do but I take my happiness where I can find it and gnash my teeth quietly when they are inconsistent.

What makes me happy this year? Seeing Staal grow. Watching Callahan establish himself as a legitimate NHL player who could have a 15 career ala Todd Marchant. Watching Blair Betts, probably the best 4th line center in the NHL. Seeing brief glimpses of a real fine second line center in Dubi. Seeing glimpses of an excellent 3rd line defensive center in Korpokoski.

What frustrates me this year? Seeing Gomez again not being able to play with our top offensive winger (Jags last year, Zherdev this year). Not seeing expected growth from Zherdev and Dawes. Dare I say it: watching Henrik not having as good a year as he had last year. Watching Redden be the player every one (except the Ranger scouting staff) thought he would be. Our miserable powerplay. Our inability to handle an aggressive forecheck. Our inability to score. And knowing that realistically, we going to be a team that will finish 5 to 10th in the conference year after year.

And yeah...Colin Campbell was an excellent coach. I was never prouder to be a Ranger fan then in 97 when that banged up and beaten team made it to the conference finals and gave it their all against the Flyers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Some good points on Renney. They've all been made here before.

Amen to that though.

Ditto.

Carp sees it how it really is, not shocked. Only that some fans STILL can't get these things thru their thickheads.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
trademasterb*

Personally, I don't think Graves number should be retired. You don't retire a number of a player because he is a great guy. You retire his number because he's a great player. Graves was a good player. Not a great player. Let us not forget he did squat for 2 years then suddenly scored 38 goals in his contract year. What a shock.

trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:29 PM
fourhole

vCash:
Quote:

Thanks for your post. We could shure use a harry howell about now

Old
02-02-2009, 09:28 PM
alkurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourhole View Post
Thanks for your post. We could shure use a harry howell about now
Though it was before my time, Harry Howell was booed unmercifully by the Garden faithful in the old MSG. The main complaint? He was not physical enough. The main chant against him? "Hit him with your pocketbook Harry!"

It was only at the end of his time here, when he was a vet and the Rangers were emerging from a half a decade disaster as a league doormat, that he was appreciated and won the Norris.

But I meant what I said, and this goes for every sport. At the end, only one team wins the final game. Everyone else is a loser. If all that matters is winning, why be a sports fan? Its darn frustrating.
My loyalty is to the Rangers through thick and thin. Doesn't mean I'm not unhappy with coaches, players, management (I wish Sather would just go back to Edmonton to stay). There are players and coaches I've disliked enormously. Players for a lack of effort, coaches for stupidity.

As for this bunch: I try to be realistic. Hope they make the playoffs with a decent seeding, hope they go on a decent run. Will be disappointed when they don't. But I have no venom against any of the current team. Some I like more than others. It has been an interesting year watching the group dynamic. And I am excited to see Anisimov make his debut. Its always exciting to see one of an organizations top prospect get his chance,

alkurtz is online now   Reply With Quote