HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Steve Quailer LIVE on TV tonight

Old
02-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Fear the Quail

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Quailer just scored a goal on a bad giveaway outside the slot. You'll need some kleenex.
Sadly, he's as good as gone off this team. Him and Pacioretty will be traded for Sergei Samsonov.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chomsky

any online feed?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
im really enjoying NCAA hockey right now... great level of play on par with the chl imo

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 08:58 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Quailer just scored a goal on a bad giveaway outside the slot. You'll need some kleenex.
Yes but none of our players go to the slot, he will really needs to learn Hab hockey. Will have to make him watch Kovalev videos.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
im really enjoying NCAA hockey right now... great level of play on par with the chl imo
I've been a NCAA fan for some years now. It's really about hitting and speed...you can't dislike that...

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I think the NCAA is more enjoyable to watch than the CHL. Of course it depends who's playing, but on average I lean towards NCAA.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 09:33 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Which is exactly what 6'3'' 185 lbs look like. Would be great to see him at 205, 210....
True. But it's not like he's a twig for his age. Alot of prospects are drafted at like 6'2" 180 or 6'1" 175 or something like that. They all seem to bulk up. I can't imagine a player like Tyler Myers making the NHL that soon unless he bulks up a bit. He looks like a Telephone Pole on skates.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Good overall game for the freshman. True that he doesn't go out of his way to give the big bodycheck. But I just have the feeling that it will come with more confidence. As as freshman, you're just learning the game right now and he's doing a great game at it.

Old
02-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Good overall game for the freshman. True that he doesn't go out of his way to give the big bodycheck. But I just have the feeling that it will come with more confidence. As as freshman, you're just learning the game right now and he's doing a great game at it.
So how about his potential? Are we talking powerforward?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
If he's not showing any sign or real physical play, I guess he'll never be a power forward. From the sound of it, he seems to be a little bit like Jeff Carter. Tall, not really big, and not really physical, but a good offensive set. Not saying he'll ever reach that level tho...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Fozz

Quote:
He reminds me of Shean Donovan.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
It's tough to analyse 'cause every freshman who's big and could play that style usually don't in their first year, being intimidated a little and just trying to feel the pace of the game. Though I don't believe he'll overall by that physical, he did distribute some bodychecks and is not afraid in going where it hurts the most. Mind you, Latendresse was not that physical in junior and he had to adapt his game. When Quailer will be 210lbs or something and feel at ease with his body, chances are he'll adapt his game as well. So it's tough to say right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
If he's not showing any sign or real physical play, I guess he'll never be a power forward. From the sound of it, he seems to be a little bit like Jeff Carter. Tall, not really big, and not really physical, but a good offensive set. Not saying he'll ever reach that level tho...
That's a good comparison, don't think he has his offensive IQ but drives the net and knows where to go to score. Let just say that it would be his highest ceiling possible. Don't think he'll reach it though. But as far as wanting to explain how tall, offensive but not physical the guy can be, it is a good comparison. Blake Wheeler could be another one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
He reminds me of Shean Donovan.
And that's another really good comparison. So the guy could go from Shean Donovan to Jeff Carter.......

Old
02-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Riverboat Gambler

He looked good last night. He's got good hockey sense and plays both ends of the ice. I'm sure the lop-sided score helps tint the lens a little rosey but you have to like that long stride of his, none the less, impressive game.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
It's tough to analyse 'cause every freshman who's big and could play that style usually don't in their first year, being intimidated a little and just trying to feel the pace of the game. Though I don't believe he'll overall by that physical, he did distribute some bodychecks and is not afraid in going where it hurts the most. Mind you, Latendresse was not that physical in junior and he had to adapt his game. When Quailer will be 210lbs or something and feel at ease with his body, chances are he'll adapt his game as well. So it's tough to say right now.

That's a good comparison, don't think he has his offensive IQ but drives the net and knows where to go to score. Let just say that it would be his highest ceiling possible. Don't think he'll reach it though. But as far as wanting to explain how tall, offensive but not physical the guy can be, it is a good comparison. Blake Wheeler could be another one.

And that's another really good comparison. So the guy could go from Shean Donovan to Jeff Carter.......
That is who I thought of when reading all the reports on Qualier

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Hard to say at this point but I'd be surprised if he was a true PF down the road. I do think he will fill out the tall frame he has in time, I like his speed and he seems to have good hands, we'll see how much he can progress over the next couple of years. I got to admit I'm surprised at how well his team is playing right now, but it's great to see cause as long as they don't fall apart they stand a good shot at making the frozen four tourny next month.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Hard to say at this point but I'd be surprised if he was a true PF down the road. I do think he will fill out the tall frame he has in time, I like his speed and he seems to have good hands, we'll see how much he can progress over the next couple of years. I got to admit I'm surprised at how well his team is playing right now, but it's great to see cause as long as they don't fall apart they stand a good shot at making the frozen four tourny next month.
By the sounds of it on the radio last night they have either a very good goalie or he is on a hot streak.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
By the sounds of it on the radio last night they have either a very good goalie or he is on a hot streak.
I've been impressed by Thiessen yesterday though we shouldn't be fooled by the number of shots. A lot were coming from the outside. But compared to the Boston College goalie....well...there are no comparisons. Thiessen will get an inviation to an NHL camp or at least a rookie camp...

Old
02-03-2009, 03:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
They have a good goalie for sure and they play a hard working forechecking style, but still suprised the team is doing this good as 3rd overall in the NCAA is damn impressive.

Quote:
I've been impressed by Thiessen yesterday though we shouldn't be fooled by the number of shots. A lot were coming from the outside. But compared to the Boston College goalie....well...there are no comparisons. Thiessen will get an inviation to an NHL camp or at least a rookie camp...
Thiessen should be getting scouts attention for sure, I think he's one of the better goalies in the ncaa.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:57 PM
D3nZ

Quote:
Which is exactly what 6'3'' 185 lbs look like. Would be great to see him at 205, 210....
Wow, I guess that's what I look like on the ice, lol.

D3nZ is offline   Reply With Quote