HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

My prediction on Ovechkin: expect a slow season for him

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2009, 06:30 AM
pgreene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
Only if Nylander gets traded.
disagree. that thread gets more epic the longer nylander is NOT traded. imagine the genius of a 1000+ post thread on something that never happens. only on teh interwebs...

Old
01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Chokingdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex28 View Post
Either way, he foresaw Ovechkin slumping before the season began, which I'm pretty sure no one else did. I remember he was partying a lot but I still thought he'd still score at least goal every 2 games or so. Obviously he took his ideas a bit too far when predicting a 35 goal season but I remember a lot of people not sold on him getting 30 during the middle of the slump.

And from what I know he found out his grandfather was seriously ailing right after the Dallas game, and went to Russia immediately afterwards.

And it would be funny if he didn't actually have the biggest slump of his career in the season, which did go along with Siberian's predictions. People predict all kinds of things here all the time that don't come true in the least, observing OV enough to take a far from obvious prediction that turns out more true than 95% of the ones posted is worth some commendation at least.

can this dude help me out with some powerball numbers?

Old
01-16-2009, 09:10 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
i wish the mods would lock threads by near anonymous posters that are completely wrong. Sure it gives bored users a chance to dig up this thread once a month for the entire season and pound the guy, but why bother. RIP.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgreene View Post
disagree. that thread gets more epic the longer nylander is NOT traded. imagine the genius of a 1000+ post thread on something that never happens. only on teh interwebs...
Exactly! The fact that he's still in a Caps jersey is what makes it epic.

Old
01-16-2009, 09:55 AM
frasnap

It'll only get more epic when Strung finally loses it and goes and eggs the guy's house or something.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Why gang up on him? He's Russian and obviously had more exposure to OV than most people. I kept tabs on him over the summer and it was pretty obvious that he was partying a lot. The fact that he was able to pick up after a month was expected, but he was slumping worse than at any other time in his career.
Because he was talking out of his ass?

And how exactly did you keep tabs on him? Like I "kept tabs" on every other Washington area athlete?

Come on dude...unless you personally know Ovechkin, you couldn't possibly keep tabs on him. Just because you might see some video snipits or read an article, that doesn't mean anything.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
I detect a 2nd ccount name for siberian.
Exactly right...pretty damn transparent if you ask me.

Old
01-16-2009, 01:33 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Either way, he foresaw Ovechkin slumping before the season began, which I'm pretty sure no one else did. I remember he was partying a lot but I still thought he'd still score at least goal every 2 games or so. Obviously he took his ideas a bit too far when predicting a 35 goal season but I remember a lot of people not sold on him getting 30 during the middle of the slump.

And from what I know he found out his grandfather was seriously ailing right after the Dallas game, and went to Russia immediately afterwards.

And it would be funny if he didn't actually have the biggest slump of his career in the season, which did go along with Siberian's predictions. People predict all kinds of things here all the time that don't come true in the least, observing OV enough to take a far from obvious prediction that turns out more true than 95% of the ones posted is worth some commendation at least.
Might have had a little something to do with Backstrom coming into camp out of shape. Do you and your alter ego also keep tabs on Backstrom? Couldn't you have warned us that he was eating his way through the summer?

Old
01-16-2009, 01:37 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
Might have had a little something to do with Backstrom coming into camp out of shape. Do you and your alter ego also keep tabs on Backstrom? Couldn't you have warned us that he was eating his way through the summer?
ooohhhhh!! Idea for mega super duper epic thread "Trade Nylander: Swedish Meatballs Make Backstrom Too Fat Causing Ovechkin to Have a Slow Season" squared

Old
02-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Siberian

TS here. I just want to say that I was wrong on Ovechkin this time around or I should say I underestimated him. Even though he wasted the whole summer by being involved in embarassing Russian glamour, then had a mediocre start to the season. After his trip to Moscow he was back to being usual himself and is playing great hockey. I hope that he does well for the rest of the season and truly hope he improves his offseason schedule so he can actually try going for a 90 goal season, if such thing is possible h can do it.

Old
02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
backs4mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
TS here. I just want to say that I was wrong on Ovechkin this time around or I should say I underestimated him. Even though he wasted the whole summer by being involved in embarassing Russian glamour, then had a mediocre start to the season. After his trip to Moscow he was back to being usual himself and is playing great hockey. I hope that he does well for the rest of the season and truly hope he improves his offseason schedule so he can actually try going for a 90 goal season, if such thing is possible h can do it.
He worked extremely hard over the summer, but he also enjoyed himself during the offseason. Ovechkin isn't part of Tihkonov's soviet camp; Eat, Sleep, Train, Hockey.

Old
02-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by backs4mvp View Post
He worked extremely hard over the summer, but he also enjoyed himself during the offseason. Ovechkin isn't part of Tihkonov's soviet camp; Eat, Sleep, Train, Hockey.
Yeah, he worked hard in this retarded music video for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQy6WoVDxk

Old
02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Yeah, he worked hard in this retarded music video for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWQy6WoVDxk
24 hours in a day. Just cause he did some fun stuff doesnt mean he didnt work hard the 2 hours before the fun stuff.

Old
02-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Siberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar View Post
24 hours in a day. Just cause he did some fun stuff doesnt mean he didnt work hard the 2 hours before the fun stuff.
That is a very high degree of naivety.

Old
02-03-2009, 12:29 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
Yeah I'm sure you have Ovechkin's full day schedule sitting around you and you know that he didn't do any work over the summer. I mean he came into camp in great shape and all but obviously that was just luck.

If you have ever worked out before you know that it only takes like an hour, especially if you do it on a daily basis.

That's like nothing out of a full day. Knock it out before lunch and there is plenty of time to be a celeb.

Old
02-03-2009, 12:30 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Just get off Ovy's nuts already. Did he turn you down for an autograph or something? He's proved you wrong, you finally manned up enough to show your face and admit it. Crawl back under your rock please.

Old
02-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Siberian

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure you have Ovechkin's full day schedule sitting around you and you know that he didn't do any work over the summer. I mean he came into camp in great shape and all but obviously that was just luck.

If you have ever worked out before you know that it only takes like an hour, especially if you do it on a daily basis.

That's like nothing out of a full day. Knock it out before lunch and there is plenty of time to be a celeb.

Dude, not in Moscow during summer. It takes 2 hours to move from point A to point B in Moscow during a business day. If you actually train during summers you go elsewhere. There is a reason that majority of Russian NHLers train either in Saint Pete or somewhere in Europe. He just lived a life of a Russian glamour playboy, night clubs until 6 AM and then sleep all day. Regardless, I am done arguing about it, like I said I think Ovechkin will take this as a lesson, I believe he learnt his lesson since he said he will be better next season.

Old
02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Johnny Canucker

good prediction. Ovechkin is such a jobber this year!

Old
02-03-2009, 01:00 AM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Quote:
Dude, not in Moscow during summer. It takes 2 hours to move from point A to point B in Moscow during a business day. If you actually train during summers you go elsewhere. There is a reason that majority of Russian NHLers train either in Saint Pete or somewhere in Europe. He just lived a life of a Russian glamour playboy, night clubs until 6 AM and then sleep all day. Regardless, I am done arguing about it, like I said I think Ovechkin will take this as a lesson, I believe he learnt his lesson since he said he will be better next season.
Uh, you dont have to drive somewhere to work out. Most people can afford weights, I have some, I'm sure Ovie has some. Also you can run around the neighborhood and what not for aerobics. There was numerous articles on Capitals blog sites about him doing off-ice workouts this offseason. I remember something on Frozen Blog (caps blog) that had just pics of him running through a park (or something) and listening to ipod.

But even if he did travel to wherever he worked out for me I'm awake 16 hours. So even if it takes 4.5 hours of traveling (there and back) and 1.5 hours to workout - there is 10 more hours in the day to do "celeb stuff." Though I find it really hard to believe that Ovechkin would put 2 hours of traveling between him and workouts, when you have money you can afford to move that stuff to somewhere closer to you or move closer to it.

You were wrong about Ovie, just drop it. There is a ton of reasons to explain the slump at the beginning of the year that work better then "he just slept, ate, and goofed off." Especially with the shape he came into camp. You don't do nothing for a summer and come in at the same weight.

http://onfrozenblog.com/2008/07/24/t...is-summer.html

There is the link to the OFB article I remembered, didn't remember it correctly (not running through a park) but he was working out.

Last edited by AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar: 02-03-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old
02-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Sparky

Quote:
Dude, not in Moscow during summer. It takes 2 hours to move from point A to point B in Moscow during a business day. If you actually train during summers you go elsewhere. There is a reason that majority of Russian NHLers train either in Saint Pete or somewhere in Europe.
Serious question: Do CSKA and Dynamo not have training facilities in Moscow for use during their various teams' seasons? Would Ovechkin not be able to use at least the Dynamo ones? The photos seem to show him working out in a city, with coaches, and on a football practice field so I figured he would have been at his old club...

Regardless, I'd say that his "playboy lifestyle" may still be a step up on Mario's donuts, beer and pack-of-smokes-a-day training regime from his early career...

Old
02-03-2009, 08:01 AM
pgreene

Quote:
Uh, you dont have to drive somewhere to work out. Most people can afford weights, I have some, I'm sure Ovie has some. Also you can run around the neighborhood and what not for aerobics. There was numerous articles on Capitals blog sites about him doing off-ice workouts this offseason. I remember something on Frozen Blog (caps blog) that had just pics of him running through a park (or something) and listening to ipod.

But even if he did travel to wherever he worked out for me I'm awake 16 hours. So even if it takes 4.5 hours of traveling (there and back) and 1.5 hours to workout - there is 10 more hours in the day to do "celeb stuff." Though I find it really hard to believe that Ovechkin would put 2 hours of traveling between him and workouts, when you have money you can afford to move that stuff to somewhere closer to you or move closer to it.

You were wrong about Ovie, just drop it. There is a ton of reasons to explain the slump at the beginning of the year that work better then "he just slept, ate, and goofed off." Especially with the shape he came into camp. You don't do nothing for a summer and come in at the same weight.

http://onfrozenblog.com/2008/07/24/t...is-summer.html

There is the link to the OFB article I remembered, didn't remember it correctly (not running through a park) but he was working out.
clearly, he's not working out in those photos. he's at an outdoor rave. during the daytime. in workout gear. but look at how fat and...uhm... yeah, i got nothing.

if ovechkin can do whatever he did in the offseason and still do what he's doing current during the season, i have no problem with him. i'm sure he has truly learned his lesson.

Old
02-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but the offseason where Ovechkin allegedly partied his ass off and shirked his responsibilities is likely to be straddled by consecutive MVP campaigns.

Whatever slacking he was doing this past summer, don't change anything.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Siberian

Quote:
Based on the first three seasons in the NHL it is very important for Ovechkin to work a lot during the off-season. Before his rookie season he worked hard and it paid off. Following summer (2006) he was partying a lot in Moscow, apeared on many TV shows and as a result the season was somewhat slower than expected. Summer of 2007 he worked the hardest of all, and again, it paid off big time, he had a great season!!!

Summer of 2008 is basically repeat of summer 2006 but times two. He is just partying a lot, apearing on TV all the time, buddies, friends, he even decided to star in a music video clip.

I just want to warn you ahead of the season - Ovechkin might have the worst season in his NHL career this year. On a good side, he is dating a new girl, here is a video from her BD party http://www.russia.ru/geroi/lopireva/?612
I haven't been here for a while, decided to check my old threads. Am I good or what? Just ahead of time a little.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
I haven't been here for a while, decided to check my old threads. Am I good or what? Just ahead of time a little.
Claim that Ovechkin will have a slow 2008-2009 season. Ovie scores 56 goals and 110 points in 2008-2009 and leads the Capitals to Game 7 against the eventual Stanley Cup Champs. Ovie has a slow season years later, and you come back to claim you were correct.

Old
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

56 goals, 110 points. Yeah, you're amazing. Don't bump old threads.