HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do the Flyers live?

Old
02-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Patrick Thoreson stayed in my unfinished basement in Fishtown during the playoffs last year

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:10 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
yeah screw where they live where do they party? anybody seen em out? a friend told me he seen cote at national mechanics
I saw Carter, Upshall, and Lupul at a place called Liberties in the city right before Christmas. It's on 2nd and Spring Garden. There's also Main St. in Vorhees. You'll be more likely to run into Phantoms, but I've seen Danny and Cote there before.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:45 AM
M3 2 NV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Good luck finding them. Their houses are probably so hidden even the people in Voorhees didn't even know there were houses there.
I grew up in Voorhees and know where a lot of the Flyers live or used to live. In my neighborhood alone there were the Vukovichs (I played baseball with & graduated from Eastern with John's son Vince), Lindros, LeClair, Hextall, Terry Murray, Patrick Sharp, and back in the day Mike Bullard and Jay Wells (and Manute Bol, too). I lived in Sturbridge off Rt. 73 - most of the players (except Sharp, Bullard, & Wells) lived in the back of the development where the more upscale homes are. But no gates or anything...we used to go Trick or Treating to all their houses, except Eric's b/c he would always have his lights off and didn't want anyone knocking on his door. LeClair was always out in his yard with his kids or driving around in his Benz SL-500 convertible with his Red Sox hat on backwards and was very friendly, waving or honking when anyone would say hi. He moved out and over to the Main Line, though, in order to put his kids into private school sometime around 2001-2002. Lindros was always holed up with his 2 dogs and we'd never see him. Vince Vukovich saw him a lot, though, as they lived a couple doors down from each other and Eric was more friendly with him b/c of his dad. Like the one time when Lindros and some chick got out of a limo together, waved to Vince, and he didn't know who it was until her brother, Joey Merlino, got out of the limo next. Man, that Lindros sure knew how to pick his ladies, didn't he??...Merlino's sister, Mrs. Brindamour, etc. haha. Anyway, Gagne used to live over at Main St. (Voorhees) and could always be found there in the Main St. Pub, sometimes with Lindros and other teammates. From what I heard from people who would see them there, Gags would be cool and sign autographs for people daring enough to approach him there, while Lindros was always a jerk and would turn his back to people who tried to approach him. LeClair was always up for signing stuff, too, whenever he was approached and asked.

I think Prims lives off Cooper Road in Voorhees...one of my friends is a teacher at one of the Voorhees elem schools and had one of his kids as a student.

Not too many players live over by Eastern anymore...those developments (i.e. Lost Tree and even Alluvium) are getting older and most of them have moved to places like Sturbridge HighPoint, smaller upscale developments around Voorhees, or into Haddonfield. There's only a few homes there by Eastern that are 7-figures, like 8-10 houses and they're all on the main road by the school, a little too visible and accessible. Eagles players used to live back there, too (like Wes Hopkins, Keith Byars, etc.) but also moved out long ago.

Last edited by M3 2 NV: 02-03-2009 at 09:53 AM. Reason: details
M3 2 NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Goon from Asturia

Kappy lives in Kuopio, Finland

Goon from Asturia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:07 PM
BeamMeUpshall

Send a message via AIM to BeamMeUpshall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon from Asturia View Post
Kappy lives in Kuopio, Finland
use to live 5 minutes from me

BeamMeUpshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
Johnny Vermont lives in New Hampshire? That just doesn't seem right.
I meant to write Vermont. Damn similar looking states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngel55 View Post
I've put windshields is LeClair's, Harry Callas', John Ritchie's, Lauren Hart's, and Buckhalter's cars and a quarter glass in Artis Hicks'. I heard from a friend who's son goes to school with Hatcher's son, and he said that Hatcher's son said that Hatcher bought a house in Michigan before the season.
I have a friend who is friends with Hatcher's cousin and I'm pretty sure he told me that this is true.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 2 NV View Post
I grew up in Voorhees and know where a lot of the Flyers live or used to live. In my neighborhood alone there were the Vukovichs (I played baseball with & graduated from Eastern with John's son Vince), Lindros, LeClair, Hextall, Terry Murray, Patrick Sharp, and back in the day Mike Bullard and Jay Wells (and Manute Bol, too). I lived in Sturbridge off Rt. 73 - most of the players (except Sharp, Bullard, & Wells) lived in the back of the development where the more upscale homes are. But no gates or anything...we used to go Trick or Treating to all their houses, except Eric's b/c he would always have his lights off and didn't want anyone knocking on his door. LeClair was always out in his yard with his kids or driving around in his Benz SL-500 convertible with his Red Sox hat on backwards and was very friendly, waving or honking when anyone would say hi. He moved out and over to the Main Line, though, in order to put his kids into private school sometime around 2001-2002. Lindros was always holed up with his 2 dogs and we'd never see him. Vince Vukovich saw him a lot, though, as they lived a couple doors down from each other and Eric was more friendly with him b/c of his dad. Like the one time when Lindros and some chick got out of a limo together, waved to Vince, and he didn't know who it was until her brother, Joey Merlino, got out of the limo next. Man, that Lindros sure knew how to pick his ladies, didn't he??...Merlino's sister, Mrs. Brindamour, etc. haha. Anyway, Gagne used to live over at Main St. (Voorhees) and could always be found there in the Main St. Pub, sometimes with Lindros and other teammates. From what I heard from people who would see them there, Gags would be cool and sign autographs for people daring enough to approach him there, while Lindros was always a jerk and would turn his back to people who tried to approach him. LeClair was always up for signing stuff, too, whenever he was approached and asked.

I think Prims lives off Cooper Road in Voorhees...one of my friends is a teacher at one of the Voorhees elem schools and had one of his kids as a student.

Not too many players live over by Eastern anymore...those developments (i.e. Lost Tree and even Alluvium) are getting older and most of them have moved to places like Sturbridge HighPoint, smaller upscale developments around Voorhees, or into Haddonfield. There's only a few homes there by Eastern that are 7-figures, like 8-10 houses and they're all on the main road by the school, a little too visible and accessible. Eagles players used to live back there, too (like Wes Hopkins, Keith Byars, etc.) but also moved out long ago.
Which is why they are my two favorite Flyers of all time. It shows in-game as well.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:40 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
I saw Carter, Upshall, and Lupul at a place called Liberties in the city right before Christmas. It's on 2nd and Spring Garden. There's also Main St. in Vorhees. You'll be more likely to run into Phantoms, but I've seen Danny and Cote there before.
the guy who owns my neghborhood homespot ownes that joint. ill have to check it out. i just like that theyre young and social i loved hearin the stories about guys running into the bullys way back when. its hows theres a bond in the team and potential to really bond with the city. i didnt think of it as much when the team was a bunch of marrie dguys in jersey.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
the guy who owns my neghborhood homespot ownes that joint. ill have to check it out. i just like that theyre young and social i loved hearin the stories about guys running into the bullys way back when. its hows theres a bond in the team and potential to really bond with the city. i didnt think of it as much when the team was a bunch of marrie dguys in jersey.
Which place does he own?

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:20 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post

they also have great gourmet pizzas

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote