HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Davis Drewiske recalled

Old
02-02-2009, 11:45 PM
KingsRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
I like Preissings blogs

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I'm guessing Frolov is being packaged with perhaps another dman.

*edit* I'm guessing maybe O'D.
baseless posts like this are uncalled for

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

Tom Preissing is out with vertigo-like symptoms.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...,7058394.story

Quote:
Also, defenseman Tom Preissing, out of favor with Coach Terry Murray for his perceived lack of competitiveness, apparently can't play because of what Lombardi said might be a case of vertigo.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:24 AM
Ollie Weeks

ok...
What's next, Doughty has hysterical blindness?

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Tom Preissing is out with vertigo-like symptoms.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...,7058394.story
Lombardi didn't believe the hit was even a penalty? I dunno about that one... It is not sounding good. Losing Greene for anything length of time will be huge. They need to step it up, they have to build momentum and stay tough or they won't make it too long into this crappy schedule.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:23 AM
The Judge

There's nothing more to this than just any other roster move.

Here you go:

Also, defenseman Tom Preissing, out of favor with Coach Terry Murray for his perceived lack of competitiveness, apparently can't play because of what Lombardi said might be a case of vertigo.

The Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:40 AM
redcard

So Guathier is suspended, Greene's foot hurts, and Tommy's dizzy.

I think we need Drewiske to play with Doughty

DD-DD. The double-double D's.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:17 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
baseless posts like this are uncalled for
Baseless? Perhaps.

Uncalled for? Depends.

This is a message board where people come to give opinions and share knowledge. In this case, I was giving my opinion as to what MAY be in the works.

Am I wrong about the possible trade? Don't know yet, but we'll soon find out I suppose.

I still think Frolov and O'D are going to be moved prior to the deadline.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:36 AM
redcard

Quote:
Baseless? Perhaps.

Uncalled for? Depends.

This is a message board where people come to give opinions and share knowledge. In this case, I was giving my opinion as to what MAY be in the works.

Am I wrong about the possible trade? Don't know yet, but we'll soon find out I suppose.

I still think Frolov and O'D are going to be moved prior to the deadline.
O'D won't be moved. It doesn't make sense. If we trade him we have to give the Ducks a third round pick as was the considerations of the deal. That means we would have to get better than a 3rd rounder in order to gain anything. What team would trade a 2nd for O'D? He's worth more in the kings locker room than we could get for him.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Johnny Utah

We get a scouting report on this kid....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
O'D won't be moved. It doesn't make sense. If we trade him we have to give the Ducks a third round pick as was the considerations of the deal. That means we would have to get better than a 3rd rounder in order to gain anything. What team would trade a 2nd for O'D? He's worth more in the kings locker room than we could get for him.
Well, that's where we differ. I DO think O'D will fetch us a second rounder.

Think about it, when it comes to playoff run, some team's going to be looking for a big physical stay-at-home dman with stanley cup experience and for them to dish out just a second round pick isn't that unrealistic imo.

Old
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:

Think about it, when it comes to playoff run, some team's going to be looking for a big physical stay-at-home dman with stanley cup experience and for them to dish out just a second round pick isn't that unrealistic imo.
Think about it this way. For a second, let's just say we pull a deal to trade O'Donnell for a second rounder. Presumably this team wanting O'Donnell is going to be a playoff team, likely a very good team adding the pieces to get them over the top. So that pick is likely to be in the 50-60 range. Now assuming like you are thinking, we firesale trade Frolov, O'Donnell, etc our already very slim playoff hopes go out the window and we tank the end of the year, falling probably to around 5-10 worst in the league. Now as a part of the Anaheim deal we are going to be giving up a 3rd rounder, i presume it ours, so well be giving up a 65-70 spot pick. So at VERY best wed be up 15 spots, might be moving up only around 5 spots in the draft. In the late 2nd/early 3rd. Not worth anything in the long run.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
the blueline

Murray Is Just Covering His Butt ....i Doubt If He Even Knows What Verigo Is. If He (t.p.) Has Vertigo, It's From Sitting In The Penalty Er.. Excuse Me The Press Box. Preissing's Ability, Height,and Weight Is Still The Same As When He Was Signed By Lombardi. What A Waste Of A Player. I Guess Murray Would Be Happy With An All Gauthier Team. Then We Wouldn't Have Any Goals At All. Maybe He Should Be The Coach For His Brothers Team. That Would Be An Interesting Combination.

the blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgKings13 View Post
Think about it this way. For a second, let's just say we pull a deal to trade O'Donnell for a second rounder. Presumably this team wanting O'Donnell is going to be a playoff team, likely a very good team adding the pieces to get them over the top. So that pick is likely to be in the 50-60 range. Now assuming like you are thinking, we firesale trade Frolov, O'Donnell, etc our already very slim playoff hopes go out the window and we tank the end of the year, falling probably to around 5-10 worst in the league. Now as a part of the Anaheim deal we are going to be giving up a 3rd rounder, i presume it ours, so well be giving up a 65-70 spot pick. So at VERY best wed be up 15 spots, might be moving up only around 5 spots in the draft. In the late 2nd/early 3rd. Not worth anything in the long run.
No, I'm not thinking "firesale" at all.

Yes, there is a chance that we may move up just a little in a worst case scenario but if we're out of the playoff run per your example, I'd rather give someone like Drewiske the experience than to play O'D who will be a ufa. Why not give the experience to our prospects so that they can gain the invaluable experience to better prepare them for next season?

Old
02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
deano

Quote:

Plus his cap hit would be barely anything for a team against the cap. I could see OD go at the deadline, but I doubt Frolov goes. Fro only gets better every year, and has never been a headache for the team. I'm not sure we could get in return, what we would lose in Frolov. This team needs to have a consistent look to it for a few years. This is what good teams do, and that's why they have great chemistry. Playing fantasy trade manager with our best players is not good for this team in the long haul.

*Please no Cammalleri or Visnovsky arguments

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:16 PM
MxK1NGS

So how did Drewiske play tonight?
With him up does this mean Gauthier will stay down in minors? Man I really hope so!!

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Ollie Weeks

Drewiske was just kind of there. No major blunders I can recall, not overly aggressive. Gauthier is a lot more noticeable out there I think, for both the right and wrong reasons. Very acceptable for a 1st NHL game.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blueline View Post
Murray Is Just Covering His Butt ....i Doubt If He Even Knows What Verigo Is. If He (t.p.) Has Vertigo, It's From Sitting In The Penalty Er.. Excuse Me The Press Box. Preissing's Ability, Height,and Weight Is Still The Same As When He Was Signed By Lombardi. What A Waste Of A Player. I Guess Murray Would Be Happy With An All Gauthier Team. Then We Wouldn't Have Any Goals At All. Maybe He Should Be The Coach For His Brothers Team. That Would Be An Interesting Combination.
How odd, he capitalized the first letter of every word in his post...

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
The whole thing could be in caps. The forum prevents lots of text in all caps and allows the first letter of each word to be capitalized, but un-capitalizes the rest.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:34 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Drewiske was just kind of there. No major blunders I can recall, not overly aggressive. Gauthier is a lot more noticeable out there I think, for both the right and wrong reasons. Very acceptable for a 1st NHL game.
When you don't notice a defensive d-man that much, then you know he's doing his job. I thought he played a solid first NHL game.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
tHaT iS wEiRd...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:58 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneface Vimes View Post
Preachers don't use the words Jesus as much as I do when Gauthier is out there...

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 07:15 AM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Well, I hardly noticed him, but thats a good thing since I noticed just about every other D man coughing it up in the zone. Od better have kissed the post after that pass right to heatley in front of quick. I did notice that he made a few passes to guys in front of the net... NEVVVVVVER do that again. Didnt goat vs the Wings this season teach anyone that unwritten rule?

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

I liked what I saw. No major blunders. He was on the ice for 10 plus minutes with no goals scored. Not bad for his first game.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
hockeynutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Palffy33 View Post
With him up does this mean Gauthier will stay down in minors? Man I really hope so!!
gauthier didn't get assigned to manchester. he's been suspended for 5 games, the first of which was last night.

the gauthier that's in manch is gabe. different guy....

hockeynutz is offline   Reply With Quote