HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Habs are my team....

Old
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
What I don't get is why do these cheerleaders feel they need to express their unconditional love on the internet. I mean, it really won't make any difference to how the team plays.

I dont get why the leaf fan come to the Habs board

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
holyhabs

my first love, les habitants

no matter how much i complain and hate them sometimes...i will always watch their games

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

If a team is going through a bad time the best thing to do for the fans and media (especially the rabid French media) is to...

back off!

Leave the internal struggles to the players, coaches and GM to sort out. The last thing they need right now is a bunch of heavy-breathers oogling from the sidelines

Hard to believe the Habs are 4th in the conference listening to everyone in this city

While I'm posting... we're gonna miss you Langer...

dumb-stinking bad luck...

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
If a team is going through a bad time the best thing to do for the fans and media (especially the rabid French media) is to...

back off!

Leave the internal struggles to the players, coaches and GM to sort out. The last thing they need right now is a bunch of heavy-breathers oogling from the sidelines

Hard to believe the Habs are 4th in the conference listening to everyone in this city

While I'm posting... we're gonna miss you Langer...

dumb-stinking bad luck...

The rabid french media.

Everybody, back off!
Doors to the Bell Center will be closed and sealed until further notice to prevent heavy breathing spectators from distracting the team.
Also, all newpapers (especially the rabid french ones) are to cease publishing any and all information about the CHC.
TV and radio networks (especially those rabid french ones) are also to cease transmitting any information about the CHC.

There. I think this will go well.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:43 AM
KovalevDeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHab View Post
I never understood why people feel you have to unconditionally support everything your team does. Like you're somehow not a good fan if you criticize anything or disapprove of the way some things are done. I like the fan that cares enough to not sit back blindly smiling away at everything good or bad. It's passion and I like it. When you don't like the way your team plays or don't like decisions being made, stand up and say it. That's what a discussion forum is for after all.

We're fans, not cheerleaders.
exactly ... but you know how some people are

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:43 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
I see that for some people, even a simple thread like this, is way over their head, to much for them to handle.

Im the first one to be tough on the habs when its deserved....when the team is in a rut, the last thing you do is boooo them in the bell centre.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
38 cupless years*

i want bob to do something or just come out and make us fans and his players at ease by making a statement.

38 cupless years* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
They may be injured, they may be playing bad, they may be stressing me out alot lately, they may be poor defensivly, they may have some guys not doing their job, they may have some guys who dont like others, they may have some guys that I personally dont like and they may have many other things, I can make the list go on and on and on but i wont.

The point of this thread is that, at the end of the day, I dont care if we're going through a rough time of the season or if we're all hurt, Im still gonna cheer for this team as hard as i can and i'm still gonna stand by each and everyone of the players, even if their are some that i dont really like.

the HABS ARE MY TEAM, I LOVE THE HABS and untill the end of my time, I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE IN THEM!

Stop all the negative talk, all the bashing and all the non-sence and think positive.
We're still in 4th and we have 30+ games to go.

Get behind the team, not against it or any of its members

DONT STOP BELIEVING!!!

and most importantly

GO GO!!!!!

and thats the difference between loving your team or just jumping on a bandwagon when it all looks good. Im with you on this.

habs all the way.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

My sig before they took them away used to read "the Habs are not a matter of life and death, they are much more important than that."

I love my Habs and win or lose I will support them. Even when the **** hits the fan and every tabloid drama and fiasco the medias throw at the team and their GM I support them. If you do not support your team in good times and in bad you are a bandwagoner, bottom line.

Go Habs Go!!

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:54 PM
zx81

Quote:
I never understood why people feel you have to unconditionally support everything your team does. Like you're somehow not a good fan if you criticize anything or disapprove of the way some things are done. I like the fan that cares enough to not sit back blindly smiling away at everything good or bad. It's passion and I like it. When you don't like the way your team plays or don't like decisions being made, stand up and say it. That's what a discussion forum is for after all.

+1
Well said.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Wait, I got this.

Who is George Gillette.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:13 PM
blarneylad

vCash: 605
Worst case scenario is we don't get past the first round. We will make the playoffs and hopefully Kovalev starts producing.

Good post jaydee

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Newhabfan

Quote:

It starts with what your relation with the Habs is in your mind.

Option A. You are a paying customer that buys entertainment. When you see them losing a game you you feel like you wasted your time and money. You are frustrated - you would like them to win every game so that you can get your fix of happiness for that night. The Habs owe you this happiness - it is your right since you pay the cable to watch them (or pay the tickets to a game instead of a Madona concert).

Option B. You are a sports enthusiast. When you see the Bruins/Habs game you feel that the effort was decent on both sides yet the best team won. It was a good show - too bad for Lang and Lats. It was also too bad for Savard last year... The Habs need to play better.

Option C. They are part of your family. It's like watching a game where your own son (or nephew) plays. If they lose, you feel sorry for them - think about their feelings and feel like you need to do something extra to cheer them into the victory.
You won't boo your son's team when they lose, would you ? (In fact I know some of the hockey parents in Quebec do it....)

I'm option C and I guess so is the OP, even if it does actually turn me into a cheerleader. Where are you ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Nice way to break it down Newhabfan. I'm option C.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
thank you NHF

im definatly option C!

GO GO!

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Nedved

lol. everytime check this board, there' s an i believe thread.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Go Habs Go

It is a bit discouraging during times like these but then I think of the Laflammes, the Dagenais and the Traverses and it makes me smile and appreciate that we have a GM that at least knows what he's doing. As long as the people who run the team know what they're doing, I'm happy.

If the Habs skimp and go out and hire inexperienced GMs (Houle), coaches (Tremblay) and staff, then I have a serious issue with that. Luck has a lot to do with winning and losing games, I can't blame the Habs for Lang's injury or Kovalev hitting the post. But when ownership doesn't even try to win by hiring idiots to run the team, or just wants to make 8th place to make money (like the Leafs), then I have a serious problem as a paying customer.

We legitimately saw the Habs trying very hard to win a cup for their 100th year anniversary. We went after Sundin, traded for Tanguay, Lang, signed Laraque... The effort is there but you can't buy a Stanley Cup in the NHL like in certain other sports.

The Habs are my team and I will always support them as long as they show that they want to win, not just ripping off their die hard fans.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Maximus Taylor

yes.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 07:17 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
This is my Rifle this is my gun! This is for fighting this is for fun!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 09:16 PM
JudasPriced

I'll always believe! Great thread!

JudasPriced is offline   Reply With Quote