HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brunet vs Pednault

View Poll Results: Benoit Brunet, or Yvon Pednault?
Brunet 34 19.21%
Pednault 143 80.79%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-03-2009, 10:48 AM
  #51
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
This is a good point. Houde is cranky and bitter now with Brunet. The RDS broadcasts are becoming unbearable. Plus, they booted off Crête for that bald guy.

I used to watch the RDS broadcasts over the CBC ones, but now even Greg Millen can't stop me from picking the CBC broadcast over the RDS one.
+1

It caught my attention how Houde seemed irritated because he has to do the whole job. Brunet is vague as hell in his commentaries and Houde has to jump in to complete Brunet's toughts or correct them ALL THE TIME.

At the beginning of the year, I thought Brunet was going to be good,since as an analyst in between periods he was good. He knew what he was going to say even before the cameras rolled. He was a cheap version of Joel Bouchard.

I tried to defend him in the beginning when people started to complain, but man, he's a pain to listen to. He's new to the job, I can give him that, but I can't believe RDS didn't find better for this job.

Pednault was actually not as bad as people seem to think. At least he was way more professional and didn't give you the feeling that he's rubbing his "close" friendships with hockey players all over your face.

As for Dubé, he's probably the best french speaking analyst by far, but I can't seem him commenting games on TV.

I would switch Brunet for Bouchard, but RDS won't do this unless they fire Brunet. And that's not going to happen because it'd make them look bad.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:51 AM
  #52
Booba
Fier, ému and proud
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chez Moi
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,301
vCash: 500
Lol@ Last game when Pierre said something that only him could understand so he added "you can put this on facebook"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy munson View Post
So I'm not the only who noticed that?!? He's definetly not the same man he was last year... a lot less emotions. He sounds like he's making an effort not to lose any patience with Benoit.
So true when Brunet is wrong, Pierre always comes up with those bad excuses that sounds like

"C'est vrai que Wideman et Chara sont presque de la meme grandeur"
"On aurait tendance à se tromper entre le chandail des Sabres et celui des Stars, sont de la meme couleur"
"C'est vrai que la Suisse et la Suède c'est semblable"
"T'était pas loin Benoit"

You know that when Pierre is saying stuff like that, he is probably saying in his head "What a retard..."

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM
  #53
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Houde is starting to irritate me too. I think he's trying to do too much with Brunet being a rookie and all. He tends to analyze too much instead of focusing on his job... I mean who the hell is he to analyze Price's technique after a goal? You'll never see Cuthbert, Hughson or Miller analyze anything technical. They're play-by-play guys for a reason.

Not to mention his frustration when we're losing or his tendencies to pick on a player for an entire game with Brunet, both Kostitsyns for example, but never a guy like Lats or Brisebois, go figure...
seriously. all season. they have NEVER picked on LATS or LAP. but everyone else they have. When SK get a stupid penalty, they freak out and say how he should be benched the rest of the game. But when LATS gets a stupid penalty, its never his fault, bad call from the ref or he drew a good penalty. We got it all at RDS!! lâche pas les boys!!!


Last edited by saints96: 02-03-2009 at 11:14 AM.
saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
  #54
Etienne
Registered User
 
Etienne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 500
Things that I hated about Pedneault:

1- He talked too much. Should have focused on the game.
2- Any good plays by the Habs were luck, any good plays by the other team were pure skill.
3- A lot of his analysis was basically just repeating what Houde said in different word or just describing what we were watching on the TV. It was no analysis at all, he was a parrot.

Things I hate about Brunet:

1- He doesn't know how to speak french. His pronunciation sucks, it's on par with high school students.
2- He doesn't know how to speak french v2.0. His vocabulary sucks, always searching for words and babbling on and on. Something that would take 5 seconds to say for the average Québécois takes him twice that long, if not more.
3- GUILLAUME, MARRY ME.
4- GRINDERS, MARRY ME TOO.
5- He actually talks more than Pedneault used to. That's one reason why I like McGuire and Dubé so much, because if Dubé starts a long explanation while there's something happening on the ice, McGuire will interrupt him and do his PBP. Houde actually engage conversations with Brunet about the most obvious and/or "who gives a ****?" topics.
6- Brunet doesn't repeat what Houde says like Pedneault used to, but instead he chooses to tell us the MOST ****ING OBVIOUS THINGS ever.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
  #55
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,726
vCash: 500
Awards:
Yeah I never thought I'd be picking Pedneault over anyone but Brunet is just so brutal. Pretty much everything has been said (the constant-excuse making for his boys Guillaume and Pat, bashing of Andrei and Sergei at every possible opportunity, his horrible grammar skills) but the thing I hate the most is how he never really analyzes anything - he just says what he likes. "J'aime bien ce que Guillaume a fait sur cette jeu [sic] parce qu'il est un gros bonhomme et Andrei Kostitsyn est paresseux".

And then his stupid laugh when a nice play happens, or a penalty he doesn't agree with (a rarity).

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:01 AM
  #56
Kavliary2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
The best francophone colour guy is Dany Dube....im sure once his radio contract expires with CKAC he will be on RDS with Houde.

I agree with a previous poster, Houde has gone too far in his defending all francophone players by simply ignoring their blunder in the play-by-play

Gaston Therrien is also terrible during pregame. He needs to be taken off the air.

and why is this "Le Baron" guy still getting paid to talk hockey in the Habs post game show....hes just terrible...

Best addition RDS made is Joel Bouchard..

Francois Gagnon is being underutilized by RDS. He needs to do more than just the 1st intermission "whats in the news" segment.


Last edited by Kavliary2000: 02-03-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Kavliary2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
  #57
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,299
vCash: 500
Pierre: Bon, ya eu un sifflet, je ne comprends pas pour quoi, hors jeu?
Benoit: Oui, messemble que c'est un hors jeu, Pierre
Pierre: Passe de deux zones?
Benoit: Ca se peut (completely forgot the 2 line pass rule hasn't been in effect since 03-04)
Pierre: Alors la, un joueurs des Sabres s'en va au banc de penaliter?
Brunet: ....
Pierre: Alors avantage numerique Montreal.

2 minutes later...

Pierre: AHHH, c'etait le coup de baton sur la face de Komisarek, Benoit.
Benoit: eh ben, 'gardons ca...

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
  #58
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Pierre: Bon, ya eu un sifflet, je ne comprends pas pour quoi, hors jeu?
Benoit: Oui, messemble que c'est un hors jeu, Pierre
Pierre: Passe de deux zones?
Benoit: Ca se peut (completely forgot the 2 line pass rule hasn't been in effect since 03-04)
Pierre: Alors la, un joueurs des Sabres s'en va au banc de penaliter?
Brunet: ....
Pierre: Alors avantage numerique Montreal.

2 minutes later...

Pierre: AHHH, c'etait le coup de baton sur la face de Komisarek, Benoit.
Benoit: eh ben, 'gardons ca...
how did u remeber all this?, if thats a true story thats very sad, im embarrased to watch rds. but unfortunatly no other stations cover the games

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:20 AM
  #59
GoHabs20
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,752
vCash: 500
Neither!!

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
  #60
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
I very reluctantly voted for Brunet. He's awful, but I just can't stand Pednault anymore.

They also need someone who speaks english for their interviews... Renaud Lavoie is atrocious... Lavoie : "You scored goal and had good period!?" Player : "Uh yeah the guys are playing well but we're disappointed we let in that 5th goal" Lavoie "Alors il nous dit qu'il est heureux d'avoir compter un but et qu'il a eu une bonne période!"

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:28 PM
  #61
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Pednault was bad, Brunet is worse. For the first few games I defended Brunet and thought he would get used and improve but he isn't made for the job. The guy not only lacks communications skills but his inputs are insignificant.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
  #62
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
how did u remeber all this?, if thats a true story thats very sad, im embarrased to watch rds. but unfortunatly no other stations cover the games
Haha, I know during the Boston game, Pierre thought there was a 2 line pass...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:52 PM
  #63
Mousepad*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal/Mérida
Country: Mexico
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
I can't feel any kind of chemistry between Houde and Brunet. Everytime Brunet finish talking, I can almost feel the "OK Shut up" when Paul takes over.

He doesn't sound professional enough. Sorry but I feel like I'm listening to my uncle. Pednault has a "tv voice".

I can't stand him calling the players by their first name. I can't take anymore of "Guillaume".

Dany Dubé should take his place. I love listening to games on CKAC.

Mousepad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
  #64
Hermamoud
Registered User
 
Hermamoud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I very reluctantly voted for Brunet. He's awful, but I just can't stand Pednault anymore.

They also need someone who speaks english for their interviews... Renaud Lavoie is atrocious... Lavoie : "You scored goal and had good period!?" Player : "Uh yeah the guys are playing well but we're disappointed we let in that 5th goal" Lavoie "Alors il nous dit qu'il est heureux d'avoir compter un but et qu'il a eu une bonne période!"
I love it when he says "Thank you sir" after his interviews with Price. (anybody noticed that he has to stand on a box when he interviews Price?)

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:12 PM
  #65
MayorFord
Registered User
 
MayorFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
this is exactly what i predicted during the summer...

i mean cmon guys, its wasnt too hard to predict seeing that he was an analyst last year and you could just see that he's extremelly boring and adds no value to the conversation.

i dont know how could some of you wanted pednault out.. at least him and pierre were a fun combo...

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:14 PM
  #66
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
I love it when he says "Thank you sir" after his interviews with Price. (anybody noticed that he has to stand on a box when he interviews Price?)
imagine him interviewing Chara.. Chara would have to hold him in his arms

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:20 PM
  #67
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
how soon we forget the extreme negatism and flat out mis-interpretations of Pednault.

He was the worst regular, game in-game out colour guy ever.

His radio show has improved after a huge stumble out of the gates and his appearances at 110% are do not shed any new light on any situation.



That said, he has more league contacts than the rest of he local media types, and for a French media person, he does interview those other then Quebecers on occassion. So, good on him.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
  #68
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 500
They are both terrible and I would perhaps get more entertainment from Le Baron. It's not a wish but a cry for someone who calls it has it is.
Vs the Kings, Brunet goes"It not the elbow that is the problem but the lift of Gauthier skates":c onfused:

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
  #69
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
+1

It caught my attention how Houde seemed irritated because he has to do the whole job. Brunet is vague as hell in his commentaries and Houde has to jump in to complete Brunet's toughts or correct them ALL THE TIME.

At the beginning of the year, I thought Brunet was going to be good,since as an analyst in between periods he was good. He knew what he was going to say even before the cameras rolled. He was a cheap version of Joel Bouchard.

I tried to defend him in the beginning when people started to complain, but man, he's a pain to listen to. He's new to the job, I can give him that, but I can't believe RDS didn't find better for this job.

Pednault was actually not as bad as people seem to think. At least he was way more professional and didn't give you the feeling that he's rubbing his "close" friendships with hockey players all over your face.

As for Dubé, he's probably the best french speaking analyst by far, but I can't seem him commenting games on TV.

I would switch Brunet for Bouchard, but RDS won't do this unless they fire Brunet. And that's not going to happen because it'd make them look bad.
Pednault a professional?..
He used to make crappy jokes and laugh while plays were going on.
He also only stated out obvious things people knew.
The only positive thing was that he actually knew how to speak french, which apparently isn't a prerequisite for RDS workers on TV anymore. I think they truly higher to worse speaking men on television, it's pathetic.

Brunet, is simply a fan of the habs and is starting out. Communication is not his forte, but I couldn't stand Yvon anymore so I'll take Brunet until I can't stand him anymore.

But seriously, RDS need to higher their standings because it's quite ridiculous.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:36 PM
  #70
MayorFord
Registered User
 
MayorFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: North Korea
Posts: 1,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Pednault a professional?..
yes pednault was professional when it came the time to be. he is one of the most known and respected french journalist across canada. he has a say in the HHOF balotting, and you cant deny that the guy has connections with a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He used to make crappy jokes and laugh while plays were going on.
that's the whole point of being a color guy?

do you prefer brunet who speaks whenever houde needs a break, and bores us to death?

pednault was a jackass sometimes but go look at the video of edwards from the bruins broadcast, he acts like pednault but they seem to love him.

here we hate anything thats unconventional

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:56 PM
  #71
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Pednault a professional?..
He used to make crappy jokes and laugh while plays were going on.

He also only stated out obvious things people knew.
The only positive thing was that he actually knew how to speak french, which apparently isn't a prerequisite for RDS workers on TV anymore. I think they truly higher to worse speaking men on television, it's pathetic.

Brunet, is simply a fan of the habs and is starting out. Communication is not his forte, but I couldn't stand Yvon anymore so I'll take Brunet until I can't stand him anymore.

But seriously, RDS need to higher their standings because it's quite ridiculous.
So he's not professional because he used to tell crappy jokes?

Let me tell you what I consider a professional color commentator:

1- You call the players by their last names.

2- You explain the play. (At least Pednault explained the play sometimes vaguely, Brunet tells what he sees)

3- You have to have fluidity in your words. Brunet makes 4-5 grammatical errors per game.

Do you seriously think that Brunet is better than Pednault?

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:06 PM
  #72
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
the only thing i have against brunet is his picking on the kost brothers. I know that up to now they have not stepped up to where most people would have wanted them to be.But his bashing makes me think he does not like them.

i could be wrong, he could be loving them so much that he is rough on them...but i doubt it.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
  #73
FlyingKostitsyn
Registered User
 
FlyingKostitsyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Australia
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
i could be wrong, he could be loving them so much that he is rough on them...but i doubt it.
Highly unlikely... He loves "Guillaume" yet he does not pick on him

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:26 PM
  #74
HabsMarc
Registered User
 
HabsMarc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
I wonder why RDS never thought about Dany Dubé as a replacement to Pednault.

HabsMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:33 PM
  #75
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsMarc View Post
I wonder why RDS never thought about Dany Dubé as a replacement to Pednault.
Perhaps because Dube don't want to come to RDS... whenever I listen to a game on CKAC, I find it amazing that, even though I don't see the game with my eyes, McGuire is just so damn good as a PBP and Dube so good in his analysis because of his great communication skills, that I don't even need to see it with my eyes, I can imagine it...

He has great chemistry with McGuire, perhaps that wouldn't be the same with Houde...

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.