HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Ott

Old
02-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Dazed and Confused

vCash: 500
Edm-Ott

Don't do this a ton, so don't roast me, but...

I was thinking of something based around Penner for Fisher/Vermette.

All 3 names could use a change in scenery with none of them playing up to their potential. It also helps address each teams needs: with Edmonton getting a 3rd line centre that can win faceoffs and play a shutdown role to take a large work load off Horcoff, making him more effective. Ott gets help on the wings and gets a player that can score/ make a living in front of the net which seems (IMO of course) no one on the Sens really looks to do/ excels at.

?

Dazed and Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
BattleGuy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covered In Oil View Post
Don't do this a ton, so don't roast me, but...

I was thinking of something based around Penner for Fisher/Vermette.

All 3 names could use a change in scenery with none of them playing up to their potential. It also helps address each teams needs: with Edmonton getting a 3rd line centre that can win faceoffs and play a shutdown role to take a large work load off Horcoff, making him more effective. Ott gets help on the wings and gets a player that can score/ make a living in front of the net which seems (IMO of course) no one on the Sens really looks to do/ excels at.

?
The value isn't bad but I don't see why Ottawa would do this.

BattleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

whos gonna replace fisher at center? Ottawa needs more centre help not help on the wings because aside from spezza they dont have many gifted centers so they'd need a center going back

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Not sure how Sens fans value Fisher, but I would think it would be him because his contract is similar to Penners, its actually a year longer. But I dont think anyone would want penner right now. Got called out yesterday by MacT for being lazy again. Fisher, I know is a decent 2nd line centre.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:34 PM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

I would love to see Penner (Penner from the Ducks, not this year) on the Sens but with his contract being for another 3 years or so I'm hesitant. Def not for Fisher, he's having an almighty **** season but he's proven himself enough in the previous years to give him a pass for this year. His contract is pretty bloody ordinary though. Want Kelly's contract?

Then again didn't Murray sign him out of college, he does have a hard on for his guys.

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote