HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Islanders/Vancouver/Panthers

Old
02-02-2009, 07:15 AM
JT 91 NYI*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery4Byng View Post
no kidding. too many retarded propsals around here as per usual.
That's your opinion. I think it makes some sense. Jaybo is an UFA but one of the best blueliners in the NHL. You give up your top prospect to get him if you're Vancouver. Florida's going to lose him anyway so Hunter and Campoli are far better than nothing and both come cheap which Florida has to be happy about. Ok, maybe remove the 2nd rounder from the deal and its fairly legit.

JT 91 NYI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:18 AM
isles20*

no from nyi

isles20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

If this were to happen, I'm sure Florida would much prefere to just take Hodgson and a 2nnnd off of us heh..

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT 91 NYI View Post
That's your opinion. I think it makes some sense. Jaybo is an UFA but one of the best blueliners in the NHL. You give up your top prospect to get him if you're Vancouver. Florida's going to lose him anyway so Hunter and Campoli are far better than nothing and both come cheap which Florida has to be happy about. Ok, maybe remove the 2nd rounder from the deal and its fairly legit.
Or we could trade him to another team for a package of good players?

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:39 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
and this is your opinion, and I don't think it makes any sense at all!

Tell me when was the last time any organization gave up their best prospect in a deal for a UFA? any UFA??

yea, JBo is a great player... but so were Hossa, and Forsberg... they didn't return the organization's best prospect in either of those trades. The best prospect that Hossa got back was Esposito - a center that fell in his draft year, on a team that was loaded with talented young centers as it was! The best prospect that Forsberg returned was Parent. Again, this was from an organization that was already loaded on defense, with a few young top rated dmen already on the team.

When has an organization ever given up their top rated prospect, that too in a position that they already have a significant lack of organizational depth in, for ANY rental player?? Teams that deal prospects for rentals usually deal their #2-3-4 type guys... and always see such deals happen when those prospects are part of a deep position on the team - where they can actually afford to give them up - like we saw with the Hossa or Forsberg deals...

Hodgson will not be traded for a rental because teams in such situations do not give up their top rated prospect - a top 10 draft pick who's development has been even better than expected since being drafted - for rental players.

that's my opinion... and I base it on history of what actually happens in reality!!

and this doesn't even consider the fact that the canucks are not in a playoff spot right now and at this point are a fringe playoff team, that has a rookie GM, who's job is simply not on the line no matter how bad the team does this season.

sorry to let logic get in the way of your opinion here... but unless you can provide some examples to the contrary, and give some logical reasons why a 11th place team who's got no organizational depth at all down the middle, with their top 2 centers hitting UFA status after this year, would deal their prized prospect and most talented prospect they've drafted since Bure for a rental, I don't think your opinion has much basis in reality here!

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
BrindamoursNose

The whole trade just is wrong in every way.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Most of the prospect-for-UFA deals involve young prospects that a team has given up on (rightly or wrongly). For example, the Isles gave up Nilsson not believing he would develop. However, they refused to part with Okposo because they saw him as a future impact player.

Hodgson is at Okposo's level and would be just about as untradeable.

I also don't see why a team that is not a true cup contender would give up a chip of that nature for a UFA. Although I think VCR is a much better team then their record, even with JayBo, a cup is not likely.

And, finally, I'm confident that Florida will get a better future-oriented package if they can't re-sign JayBo. Right now, they have a good shot at the POs. So, the motivation for trading JayBo is not there anyway.

02-02-2009, 02:11 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Most of the prospect-for-UFA deals involve young prospects that a team has given up on (rightly or wrongly). For example, the Isles gave up Nilsson not believing he would develop. However, they refused to part with Okposo because they saw him as a future impact player.

I also don't see why a team that is not a true cup contender would give up a chip of that nature for a UFA. Although I think VCR is a much better team then their record, even with JayBo, a cup is not likely.

And, finally, I'm confident that Florida will get a better future-oriented package if they can't re-sign JayBo. Right now, they have a good shot at the POs. So, the motivation for trading JayBo is not there anyway.
Good points. I just want Hodgson so he can play with JT

Old
02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
JT 91 NYI*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
The whole trade just is wrong in every way.
I'll bet it goes through on my Playstation 3 though

Old
02-02-2009, 02:56 PM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Hodgson will NOT be traded !
Exactly.

Why is Hodgson being included in a lot of these trade proposals?

We're on the cusp of re-building and he's a huge part of our future.

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Deal Sealer

Send a message via MSN to Deal Sealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy17 View Post
Jay Bouwmeester is a UFA so I don't think the Canucks would trade Hodgson for him...
unless its a sign and trade, then it becomes a possibility for sure. They get immediate help on the defensive end and can turn around what has been an very*** disappointing season.

Deal Sealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
More importantly, Vancouver farm system is pretty thin (I don't have any knowledge of the state of the Isles farm system). They can't afford to deal their best prospect for a pending UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAFutureNHLGM View Post
unless its a sign and trade, then it becomes a possibility for sure.
No reason for Jaybo to do this however.

Barney Gumble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Good points. I just want Hodgson so he can play with JT
I want him so we can take Hedman.

Isles make out like bandits, Vancouver makes out pretty good, and Florida gets kinda screwed. It'd need to be reworked.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Ched Brosky

So basically its Hodgson and a 2nd for Hunter and Campoli, and then those two are flipped for JayBow.

Umm I'm pretty sure Florida would much rather have Hodgson and the 2nd over Hunter and Campoli.
Plus if it only takes guys like Hunter and Campoli to get Jaybow, then the Nucks would rather trade Edler and Raymond for him instead of Hodgson and a 2nd.

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Luongo2008*

............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:, ........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

Seriously, everyone things you can get Hodgson easily?

Not a chance.

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
HyeDray
HFB Partner

Quote:
Canucks get:
Jay Bouwmeester

Islanders get:
Cody Hodgson
2nd Round Pick VAN 2009

Florida gets:
Trent Hunter
Chris Campoli
From an Islanders perspective—I dont see why they would trade a young and capable defenseman who can run the 2nd power play unit, and is still maturing, and a steady 2nd/3rd line forward who is pretty reliable defensively, and can chip in 25 goals in a good year. Hodgson and the 2nd rounder is a nice addition, but it really feels more like a lateral move for the Isles, other then then get younger. Hunter and Campoli are both under contract, and not potential UFA's so it makes little sense to move them.

From a Florida perspective—I don't buy them moving Bowmeester if they remain in the hunt for a playoff spot. The franchise has struggled, and needs the boost by making the playoffs. It would help the franchise tremendously to make the top 8 in the east. Further—they can always do a trade/sign before July 1. That seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

From a Canucks perspective—its a good trade, but they will be giving up a big part of their future in Hodgson and the 2nd Rd. pick. But of the three, they get the most from this deal.

As an Islander fan—I would pass on this. Keep in mind—The Islanders had a chance to draft Hodgson and passed—taking Bailey. We have Neilsen, and Bailey, Thompson, Walter, Travino, Park can play center as well. I also believe that one of either Comrie, or Weight will either be retained before the deadline, or will be signed July 1 to act as a stop gap while some of the younger players develop.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Hunter07

Send a message via AIM to Hunter07
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
From an Islanders perspective—I dont see why they would trade a young and capable defenseman who can run the 2nd power play unit, and is still maturing, and a steady 2nd/3rd line forward who is pretty reliable defensively, and can chip in 25 goals in a good year. Hodgson and the 2nd rounder is a nice addition, but it really feels more like a lateral move for the Isles, other then then get younger. Hunter and Campoli are both under contract, and not potential UFA's so it makes little sense to move them.

As an Islander fan—I would pass on this. Keep in mind—The Islanders had a chance to draft Hodgson and passed—taking Bailey. We have Neilsen, and Bailey, Thompson, Walter, Travino, Park can play center as well. I also believe that one of either Comrie, or Weight will either be retained before the deadline, or will be signed July 1 to act as a stop gap while some of the younger players develop.
I think you are severely underrating Hodgson. His stock has risen quite a bit since the draft. Hunter is one of my favorite players and adds so much. He will never add first line/franchise talent. Hodgson has the potential to do that. Campoli is an okay mid pairing 2nd PP QB defenseman. The more I watch him, the more I realize how replaceable he could be.

As an Isles fan I do this trade.

Hunter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by trademasterb View Post
LMAO. So you think Hunter and Campoli are worth Hodgson and a second? It would take Vancouver 5 seconds to hang up the phone.
Coming from you? But yea, not a good deal at all for the Cats. The Isles make out very well. I would do that from an isles standpoint.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post

From a Florida perspective—I don't buy them moving Bowmeester if they remain in the hunt for a playoff spot. The franchise has struggled, and needs the boost by making the playoffs. It would help the franchise tremendously to make the top 8 in the east. Further—they can always do a trade/sign before July 1. That seems to be the popular thing to do these days.

From a Canucks perspective—its a good trade, but they will be giving up a big part of their future in Hodgson and the 2nd Rd. pick. But of the three, they get the most from this deal.

No Canucks fan would do this trade... Not one of us... So we must not be getting to great of a deal here...

So let's say we do this deal... We lose Hodgson who is a HUGE part of our future and our most promising draft pick since Linden.. We get eliminated 2nd round of playoffs, J-Bo walks, and we are screwed again.

Fact of the matter is.. It's not worth the risk! I'd rather just throw a 7.5mil offer at J-Bo in the offseason, resign the Sedins, let Ohlund walk, pitch an offer at Hossa or Gaborik, and give Hodgson the 2nd line centre spot in place of Sundin.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote