HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sean O'Donnell (WAS-LAK)

Old
02-03-2009, 05:57 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Sean O'Donnell (WAS-LAK)

What would it take to get O'Donnell on the Capitals? It seems like he would be an excellent veteran addition and would add a bit more grit to the blueline.

I know he was dealt for a conditional pick, and IINM that condition involves him getting traded (or am I thinking of someone else?) so I imagine the Caps would be offering a similar pick if they tried to acquire him.

I think the team would probably try to send another defenseman back if they made a move such as this, just because they've already got 7 NHLers so sending someone back would likely be necessary.

What would Kings fans think of:

Shaone Morrisonn
+ pick

for

Sean O'Donnell
+ something else?

I think Mo has some real value, so I'm not sure what would be fair as the "something else" but that's what discussions are for. This isn't about improving on Mo so much as it is adding more grit and experience IMO.

Mo's an impending RFA so the Kings could get rid of them if they really didn't want him (but he is a pretty steady guy and should still have upside to improve even further). At the same time it shouldn't be a real downgrade on the blueline for them except in terms of veteran leadership.

Salary wise it frees up <700K for the Caps, not a huge deal in either direction I would think.

What would need to be added, on either side, to make it fair? Do you think the Kings would still be trying to make the playoffs, and would be too hesitant to drop the veteran Dman?

Last edited by brs03: 02-03-2009 at 09:10 PM.
brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Varius

If the Kings move OD, they need to send Anaheim a 3rd I believe, so don't forget that aspect in proposals for OD.

Varius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Kingjordan

It would take atleast a 2nd round pick plus a good young prospect to get him since LA would be giving up O' Donnell and a 3rd

Kingjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:50 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varius View Post
If the Kings move OD, they need to send Anaheim a 3rd I believe, so don't forget that aspect in proposals for OD.
Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I threw in the pick.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote