HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Pittsburgh - Dallas

Old
02-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Isles_Guy*

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
right now the penguins underachieve because malkin and crosby are working with severely limited wingers thus the 2 young centers actually underperform because they cant do it all by themselves give them truly Skilled winders then Crosby and Malkin are able to maximize their immense talent. I'm saying that since teams are ultimately playing for the same goal A GM needs to account for that type of synergistic result.

Isles_Guy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:37 PM
BigG44

In the past Dallas has traded 1st round picks, but Les Jackson said the Stars will no longer do that.

Could someone provide an example of Dallas trading their top prospects?

I didn't think so. Dallas holds on to their players unless they are completely expendable. Neal and Brunnstrom aren't expendable because no one is replacing them. Dallas' 3 centers would have Eriksson, Lehtinen, Ott, Sutherby, Conner, and I guess Landon Wilson as wingers if this trade goes down. Morrow may be available for the playoffs.

This makes no sense.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
I never said just for him but he is a prospect that has been putting up fantastic number over the last 2 years.
Wow, Casey Pierro-Zabotel ought to be enough to centerpiece a deal for Lidstrom or Pronger then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
We don't need an offensive D man! We need a Top stay at home D man that has the ability to score when needed.
I was always under the impression that Dallas needed an upper-tier offensive defenseman to bridge the gap when Zubov winds down. But if your post's correct, get in line. They're a rare breed.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:20 AM
vcx*

Are people that ******** when I say the wing situation in Pittsburgh is hard to understand? The wing position is a position, left and right wing. It doesn't mean I am referring to a team like the Detroit Red Wings.

Yikes.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Read BigG44's post then read mine.

IF Dallas moves Neal and Brunnstrom, who's going to score for Dallas?

Morrow's injured. Lehtinen is finally playing but is not guaranteed to be healthy and playing every night. Eriksson is breaking out and then what? Who else does Dallas have that's top six or hell top nine? Ott? Hardly. Connor? Spare. Parrish? He's a healthy scratch. Sutherby? No.

Dallas won't do this deal because no one would be left. Especially since there are some good defenseman that will be UFA's this summer.

I think Dallas would move one of them for the right defenseman but Ray Whitney isn't it. At least as far as Dallas' needs goes.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:23 AM
vcx*

Hell if Shero can get Neal and Brunnstrom for Whitney, CPZ, and Dupuis. Where does Shero sign? I hate that lame **** CPZ and the stupid love he gets by fellow Pens fans. They don't see him enough to understand better apparently, just staring at stats they think he's going to be something special.

Steve Ott was a 50 goal scorer in juniors...

I'll leave this thread with that.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 01:31 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I think Dallas would move one of them for the right defenseman but Ray Whitney isn't it. At least as far as Dallas' needs goes.
Ray Whitney, Carolina Hurricane:

Ryan Whitney, Pittsburgh Penguin:

Old
02-04-2009, 01:45 AM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Hell if Shero can get Neal and Brunnstrom for Whitney, CPZ, and Dupuis. Where does Shero sign? I hate that lame **** CPZ and the stupid love he gets by fellow Pens fans. They don't see him enough to understand better apparently, just staring at stats they think he's going to be something special.

Steve Ott was a 50 goal scorer in juniors...

I'll leave this thread with that.
Most Pens fans don't get to see Vancouver Giants games regularly, so all they see is that one of their prospects is leading a junior league in scoring by a healthy margin...which is usually cause for optimism.

Of course, not all junior scorers pan out in the bigs, and that's certainly the case with most 20 year old juniors. But rather than berating an entire fanbase for not having access to CHL games thousands of miles from their homes, why don't you whip up a detailed scouting report to properly inform the plebs on what exactly makes you think that CPZ's game is wholly untransferable to the NHL ?

I really do want to know.

Old
02-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

In other news, CPZ was voted player of the month in the WHL, again.

Personally I know virtually nothing about his actual game outside of his stats, so I am saying nothing to dispute your claim VCX. I just remember a lot of people saying that Goligoski's skillset and production wouldn't translate well to the NHL either because his D was too bad and his physique too frail. I believe that wasn't really the case.
When Caputi scored loads, lots of guys went "its all stats", but he has one game and one goal in the NHL so far after having a decent debut despite the loss, so the pessimism about PROSPECTS lacking fundamentals can some times seem a little unfounded.... as they, well, develop.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Most Pens fans don't get to see Vancouver Giants games regularly, so all they see is that one of their prospects is leading a junior league in scoring by a healthy margin...which is usually cause for optimism.

Of course, not all junior scorers pan out in the bigs, and that's certainly the case with most 20 year old juniors. But rather than berating an entire fanbase for not having access to CHL games thousands of miles from their homes, why don't you whip up a detailed scouting report to properly inform the plebs on what exactly makes you think that CPZ's game is wholly untransferable to the NHL ?

I think he want's everyone to take his word for it.

Ragamuffin Gunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Avoid Lloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post

I have heard he isn't interested in defense but still a good prospect for a later pick. Who knows maybe those big numbers land a good asset?

Avoid Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote