HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek Contract

Old
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
number 11

vCash: 500
lol. ckac are scum bags

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:28 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Who is Mike Komisarek's agent?
IIRC it could be Meehan, but I may be thinking of someone else.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:32 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
If a guy like Komisarek can get 7M on the open market, as you suggested, then Bouwmeester should get in the 10M range. More than Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin... Everybody.

In this economic climate, and with the cap likely dropping in 2 years, nobody is going to pay that much money to either.
I said 6M to 7M for Komi on the market. Bouwmeester isnt worth 4M a year more than
Komi, dont kid yourself.

Economic climate or not, many franshises would love to get Bouw at 8M a year.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:35 AM
kovaless

I like Komisarek, but not that much. Sorry but he hasn't terribly impressed me that much.

+shotblocker
+hitter
+good leader on the ice

-offensively challenged
-Occasionally gets beat badly(in fights)
-Suffers the occasional brain cramp

No way should he make more than markov
5 mill a season tops (and that's been generous)
I would have expected him to maybe ask for 3.5 - 4 million, not 6.6

HE IS NOT WORTH C. PRONGER MONEY....simple as that

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:36 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
I said 6M to 7M for Komi on the market. Bouwmeester isnt worth 4M a year more than
Komi, dont kid yourself.
Don't make a fool out of yourself.

Bouwmeester is a much much better all around defenseman than Komisarek and for 2-3m more (according to you), he's a much better deal than Mike.

Between Komisarek at 6 and Bouwmeester at 8 (and I do not think Jay will get this much to begin with) no one in their right mind would pick Mike. No one, except you that is.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:38 AM
habs_24x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
IIRC it could be Meehan, but I may be thinking of someone else.
Keator, Matt

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
GoodKiwi

They just brought up an excellent point on Team 990 which made Marinaro look like a fool after he was stating Komisarek should get 5.5-6m from Montreal.

Robyn Regehr at 4m for 5 years, and Tony had to say that he would pick Robyn Regehr over Komisarek.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Smells like pure BS.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
Keator, Matt
That's the guy!

Check out his record regarding signing his UFA's with the same team....

Not good news.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Did Michel Villeneuve pull another one out of his ass, hum, I mean, mouth, no, I mean, ass... hmm, guess you all know what I mean...

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
That "out of prime defenseman" has been our #2 overall, not Komisarek. Look past last two weeks, can you?
Yes, the last two year Hamrlik was our 2nd D. I guess Markov has been playing on the 2nd defensive unit with Komi for 2 years now.

Thanks for the update.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:44 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Yes, the last two year Hamrlik was our 2nd D. I guess Markov has been playing on the 2nd defensive unit with Komi for 2 years now.

Thanks for the update.
Check the ice time Sherlock.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Roulin

Quote:
They just brought up an excellent point on Team 990 which made Marinaro look like a fool after he was stating Komisarek should get 5.5-6m from Montreal.

Robyn Regehr at 4m for 5 years, and Tony had to say that he would pick Robyn Regehr over Komisarek.
- Regehr was not unrestricted
- defenceman are even more in demand now than they were when Regehr signed his deal

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:47 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:

Thanks for the update.
What the hell? Chris Pronger was the 3rd defencemen in Anaheim because he wasnt playing with Niedermayer? Hell maybe the 4th as it works by pairing maybe the guy that plays LD is considered ahead of the RD no matter? Maybe by your logic it could make sense I dont know.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Hamrlik's time on the PP (where he has performed poorly) has padded his ice time.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Hamrlik's time on the PP (where he has performed poorly) has padded his ice time.
And?

Just speaks more of Komisarek being a one-dimensional defenseman. Can't put him on PP.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Roulin

Quote:
And?

Just speaks more of Komisarek being a one-dimensional defenseman. Can't put him on PP.
Shouldn't be putting Hamrlik on the PP either, is my point. Komi is higher on the depth chart than Hamrlik, by a mile.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Shouldn't be putting Hamrlik on the PP either, is my point. Komi is higher on the depth chart than Hamrlik, by a mile.
Hamrlik was a 40-50 point D in his prime which Mike will never be. Right now Hamrlik is still a 30-40 point guy, which Mike won't be either. I think it's very improtant to have well rounded D on your team than one-dimensional like Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I love Mike, but there's a price for everything.

Old
02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Quote:
i dont even know how this is debateable? Komi has been our # 2 for years.
I understand stating that Harmrlik is our 2nd D is good for your argument, but it isnt the case.
He was signed as our 3rd D- has always been on the 2nd pairing, and does nothing to justify that he is our 2nd D.

Komi always plays against the other teams best line, plays first unit on the PK and is our most physical d-man. I dont see what is up for debate.

I dont think anyone who follows this team thinks Hamrlik is ahead of Komisarek on the depth chart.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
- defenceman are even more in demand now than they were when Regehr signed his deal
Still wouldn't make sense to pay Komi over 5 mil when he doesn't produce offensively.

Most Dmen that were signed for more than they are worth were all offensive-minded, except for Commodore and Finger, and they were nowhere close to 5 mil.

Komi isn't worth 6 mil and he knows it. I said before and I'll say it again, Komi will stay here and it will be under Markov's salary.

Old
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Hannan, Phillips and Volchenkov are good comparable tho and non of them make 5M, let alone 6.

Also the gap between RFA and UFA isnt as big as it used to be. And Regher is better then Komisarek.

Komi hits and block shot, but he isnt nearly THAT consistent defensively. I mean making it look easy and just being a shutdown guy. Not saying he's bad, but even Gorges is more consistent to me. Defensive play to me isnt about being flashy it's about always making the play and it's in part why I've never been a big fan on big physical D they sometimes lack hockey skills/sense to always make good defensive play.(Which is what is impressive about Luke Schenn too) I've rarely seen a player missing out as often as Komi on bouncing puck in neutral zone and stuff like that. He's an amazing physical D and pretty reliable, but he doesnt have Markov's or Lidstrom's skill to just be flawless pretty much every game. Gorges has that too. I think I'd take Gorges ahead of Komi even tho he's far behind in the hitting departement.

I've never been a big fan of using stats only to tell how good a defensive defencemen is.Making hits is nice, being out of position isnt. If you can take the puck away only by pokechecking and not commiting yourself it's a good thing. Might look like a Komi hater which I'm not. Just always prefered the Vlasic's to the Witt's.

Markov is better then Komi is all area other then hitting. How can Komi make 1M more? Just plain stupid.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:04 AM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
I understand stating that Harmrlik is our 2nd D is good for your argument, but it isnt the case.
He was signed as our 3rd D- has always been on the 2nd pairing, and does nothing to justify that he is our 2nd D.

Komi always plays against the other teams best line, plays first unit on the PK and is our most physical d-man. I dont see what is up for debate.

I dont think anyone who follows this team thinks Hamrlik is ahead of Komisarek on the depth chart.
It's not about which pairing one plays, it's about his value to the team.

Take Hamrlik off the team.

Now take Komisarek off the same team.

Which one do you think we will miss more?

Komisarek cannot carry a pairing, while Hamlik can. I don't see how this could even be debatable.

Old
02-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

Hammer is ahead of Komi on the depth chart. The coach just can't play Markov and Hammer together, as they are both on the left and it wouldn't make sense. The reason Komi plays against the best lines is because he's our best righthanded D, not because he's ahead of Hammer. Hammer is more complete than Komi, is better offensively and is almost as good to block shots and hit, and is more reliable defensively overall.

He wasn't signed as our 3rd D. He was signed as our second best D, and since he plays on the left and is good at developing young Dmen, they put him on the second pairing to form them, otherwise, he would replace Markov on the first pairing, not Komi.

As someone else said, Pronger played on the second pairing in Anaheim for some time, does it mean he's 3rd best behind Nieds and Beauchemin?? Not really, it just means he plays the same side as Nieds and Carlyle wanted to spread the effeciency of the defensive corp, just like the Habs do with Hammer on the 2nd pairing.

Old
02-04-2009, 11:07 AM
habsrock76

Mike Komisarek is the most overated defenceman on the team. How good does Komi look without Markov as his partner? I dont understand all the hype, he has zero offence capability, a turnover machine, questionable defensive zone coverage and gets caught chasing players for big hits which he rarely ever lands and when he does he's horribly out of position. His role ideally is a 2nd pair d-man ala the likes of Phillips & Volchenkov, $4 million max.

Some moron GM will offer 6mill over 5-7 years to save his job. Never underestimate the idiocy of NHL GM's who ususally carry a grade 10 education.

I figure Komi's as good as gone and hopefully O'Byrne can grow into the role.

habsrock76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
It's not about which pairing one plays, it's about his value to the team.

Take Hamrlik off the team.

Now take Komisarek off the same team.

Which one do you think we will miss more?

Komisarek cannot carry a pairing, while Hamlik can. I don't see how this could even be debatable.
Yep, Hammer has mostly been paired with our worst defenseman, that alone shows how trustworthy he is in that he can make up for others mistakes. Komi has Markov make up for his mistakes when he misses a big hit.

Komi should not get more then 5 a year tops.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote