HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vcr-LA

Old
02-04-2009, 05:54 AM
lubomirvaic77

vCash: 500
Vcr-LA

Vancouver
M.Raymond
S.Shirokov

L.A.
B.Boyle
two of Cliche, Parse, Simmonds

Vancouver adds a big centre that has alot of potential that needs a change plus two other offensive prospects while LA adds a speedy LW with untaped potential plus a russian prospect that is playing very well but unlikly to come accross the pond to a team with no russians on it(with frolov, LA might have more luck getting him to come over).

thoughts?

lubomirvaic77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Only thing I have to say is take Simmonds out of the discussion completely and the deal is intriguing. I don't see it happening and is a trade for the sake of trading, but it is intriguing and I don't mind the idea of getting Raymond. I wouldn't be upset about the deal.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:17 AM
kingpest19

You can take Cliche and Simmonds out as those were two players DL specifically went after for certain reasons of his own. And after being burned somewhat by Marek I dont see him trading for another Euro whos likely not ever going to come over the pond.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
You act like Simmonds is a toss in but the Kings hang up when you mention his name.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Zal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Only thing I have to say is take Simmonds out of the discussion completely and the deal is intriguing. I don't see it happening and is a trade for the sake of trading, but it is intriguing and I don't mind the idea of getting Raymond. I wouldn't be upset about the deal.
I have to agree. No Simmonds, and the phone conversation continues.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:01 AM
FuzzyTitus

If the canucks are giving up on offensive prospect, they are going to want one back. I'm not sure about the potential of Boyle, or most LA prospects, but Raymond is about 2nd line calibre.

FuzzyTitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:00 PM
DeeMeck

Seems like a pointless prospect swap.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda S View Post
Vancouver
M.Raymond
S.Shirokov

L.A.
B.Boyle
two of Cliche, Parse, Simmonds

Vancouver adds a big centre that has alot of potential that needs a change plus two other offensive prospects while LA adds a speedy LW with untaped potential plus a russian prospect that is playing very well but unlikly to come accross the pond to a team with no russians on it(with frolov, LA might have more luck getting him to come over).

thoughts?
I'm not nearly as impressed as the other kings fans whether Simmonds is excluded or not.

Raymond would serve as no better than a 2nd line forward as would Shirokov. IMO, more fair trade would be Cliche, Moulson and a 2nd round pick.

Kings have plenty of forwards that can fulfill 2nd and 3rd line. We need a superstar 1st line guy. What's the sense of adding more players to a position where there already exists depth?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote