HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-pho

Old
02-04-2009, 08:15 AM
HabsMarc

vCash: 500
Mtl-pho

With Phoenix on a 4 games losing streak (now 11th in the Western Conference) and with Lang's injury, I thought that this proposal could be interesting for both teams.

To Phoenix:
Kyle Chipchura
4th round pick in 09

To Montreal:
Steven Reinprecht

What do you think about that?

HabsMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:19 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

I'd rather package up Chipchura with a higher pick and a defensive prospect like Carle or Weber and get a better center than Reinprecht.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

If the Yotes are indeed sellers, I rather pony up significantly more and try to get Jokinen.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
If the Yotes are indeed sellers, I rather pony up significantly more and try to get Jokinen.
It takes time for a young team to gel and develop chemistry . I'd be more curious to see how they deal with the adversity of losing Lang for the season on top of everything else before making a move i might regret later .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I dunno, I don't think the Habs are close enough for that kind of tweak to matter. Chipchura will be Reinprecht for a decade, start time TBD. I don't think Reinprecht gives us enough in the short-term to pass up that decade.

Meanwhile, I don't think the Coyotes lack for all kinds of prospects up front. For them, Reinprecht's stabilizing presence actually has value just in how he helps the development of their many young players. I don't even consider this deal if I'm running the Coyotes.

I give it two thumbs down.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:30 PM
jojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I dunno, I don't think the Habs are close enough for that kind of tweak to matter. Chipchura will be Reinprecht for a decade, start time TBD. I don't think Reinprecht gives us enough in the short-term to pass up that decade.

Meanwhile, I don't think the Coyotes lack for all kinds of prospects up front. For them, Reinprecht's stabilizing presence actually has value just in how he helps the development of their many young players. I don't even consider this deal if I'm running the Coyotes.

I give it two thumbs down.
Chipchura will not be Reinprecht. They're not the same sort of player to start with and I think expectations for Chipchura are much more modest than they once were. He will probably end up being a decent third-line center. Reinprecht on the other hand has decent numbers on offense but does not have the physical presence of Chipchura. Reinprecht doesn't look out of place on a second line. Chipchura does and I doubt that it'll change. I'm not sure that Chipchura alone would be enough to get Reinprecht.

jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Chipchura will not be Reinprecht.
Same net impact, different ways, is all I mean. You might still disagree with the same net impact, fair enough. But if you're saying "decent third-line center" that's already more than some Habs fans are giving him, so I'll take what I can get.

I'm very sure that Chipchura alone would not be enough to get Reinprecht. I also hope that Reinprecht would not be enough to get Chipchura.
Quote:
They're not the same sort of player to start with and I think expectations for Chipchura are much more modest than they once were. He will probably end up being a decent third-line center. Reinprecht on the other hand has decent numbers on offense but does not have the physical presence of Chipchura. Reinprecht doesn't look out of place on a second line. Chipchura does and I doubt that it'll change. I'm not sure that Chipchura alone would be enough to get Reinprecht.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote