HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Henry Returned to Bulldogs

Old
02-04-2009, 01:09 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
He's a modern day Snuffleupagus.
I think there is only a few of us around who are old enough to remember who that is.

Too bad for Henry being sent down so soon. But it's nice to that BGL is going to be back in the line up.

02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Laraque is coming back!
Let's hope so.. And let's hope he stays health...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
What ever Henry can do, Laraque does it 10X better.
When he feels like it.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:57 PM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Henry couldnt even handle the puck while BGL is a force down low. I'll take BGL any day as a hockey player.
I just want to clarify all this talk of who is better at what.
Laraque vs Henry:

Laraque is a better fighter.
Laraque may be a bit better offensively in the corners.
Henry is more mobile.
Henry is way way better defensively.
Henry is capable of playing defence or the wing.

In the end Laraque is our guy, but i see Henry as a guy that is a good 2nd option and if BGL don't get his chit together he will be replaced.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:59 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Laraque vs Henry:

Henry is more mobile.

In the end Laraque is our guy, but i see Henry as a guy that is a good 2nd option and if BGL don't get his chit together he will be replaced.
Call me back when Henry will score more than 10 goals in a year.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Souray44

Quote:
I don't think you score goals in the corners. That's what the guy was talking about.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:18 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Ya like BGL is a huge scoring thread he hit 10 once and that was 8-9 years ago.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Toro

Quote:
Ok Laraque used to be better, this season he has looked like he will have trouble scoring 2 goals.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
No respect for a guy that gave everything in his 2 games here, let him earn some NHL money at least

Now we gonna have to watch Laraque slide around trying to be friends with everybody.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Go Habs Go

Some of you are saying Laraque sucks, some are saying Henry sucks.

The real answer here is you need both of them. I'm not saying keep Henry and Laraque but a team needs an enforcer for the Brashears and a small enforcer for the Tuckers. The little guys will never fight Laraque and I certainly don't blame them.

Look at the Leafs. Schenn constantly fights because the little guys won't fight May. Previously that role was Tucker's but now that he's gone, nobody else will take care of the little guys so Schenn has to get out there and risk injury all the time. We don't really need Henry, Laraque will fight the heavyweights and Begin and Kosto will take care of the little feisty guys.

The effectiveness of guys like Laraque is mostly mental. Imagine if you're on the opposing team, you think to yourself...this Koivu guy is doing well, why don't I cheapshot him and help our chances of winning. Laraque will then go out and of course the guy won't fight him so Laraque will turn to their enforcer (lets say Thornton). That enforcer won't be too happy with his teamate after he gets pummelled and made a fool of at the hands of Laraque. This is how guys like Laraque intimidates, he doesn't need to drop the glove all the time, his presence alone will make the other team think twice before they decide to pull something stupid.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
Henry actually fights once in a while and I have no doubt in my mind that dirty hits won't go unpunished (well, unchallenged at the very least) with him in the line up. All Laraque ever do is promoting his ****ing enforcer code.
now is this a ****ing joke ?

Laraque can play hockey for christ sake , he protects the puck with his huge ass and overpowers defenders like no other forward does on our team . Takes a lot of space and makes the other players feel at ease and safe. How dare you compare an AHL clown to the king of goons... yeah because henry desperately tries to fight to stay in the lineup it makes him obviously better and stronger than Laraque

seriously , the kid played 2 bloody games ... and is better than laraque because of that? because he got his ass kicked by thornton and goodard?

laraque can get dirty when needed too...biron , paestch , downie ... wake the **** up theses things happened within the last 2 years... promoting the code ...yeah that's all he does ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Go Habs Go

Every team in the league would love to have Laraque on their team, only in Montreal will you hear people bashing him and compare him to talentless AHL goons. This is a joke... Post this stuff on the NHL boards and see how the other fans react.

Old
02-04-2009, 05:36 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go View Post
Some of you are saying Laraque sucks, some are saying Henry sucks.

The real answer here is you need both of them. I'm not saying keep Henry and Laraque but a team needs an enforcer for the Brashears and a small enforcer for the Tuckers. The little guys will never fight Laraque and I certainly don't blame them.

Look at the Leafs. Schenn constantly fights because the little guys won't fight May. Previously that role was Tucker's but now that he's gone, nobody else will take care of the little guys so Schenn has to get out there and risk injury all the time. We don't really need Henry, Laraque will fight the heavyweights and Begin and Kosto will take care of the little feisty guys.

The effectiveness of guys like Laraque is mostly mental. Imagine if you're on the opposing team, you think to yourself...this Koivu guy is doing well, why don't I cheapshot him and help our chances of winning. Laraque will then go out and of course the guy won't fight him so Laraque will turn to their enforcer (lets say Thornton). That enforcer won't be too happy with his teamate after he gets pummelled and made a fool of at the hands of Laraque. This is how guys like Laraque intimidates, he doesn't need to drop the glove all the time, his presence alone will make the other team think twice before they decide to pull something stupid.
Henry isn't really small... For that role, I would prefer Stewart...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:41 PM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Henry isn't really small... For that role, I would prefer Stewart...

LOL Henry is 6'6 and 230 lbs he is a heavy weight, but he is not a heavy weight fighter. Henry is a solid defensive Dman. Who will throw them but he is not a goon and never has been.

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Go Habs Go

Thats not really the point, Domi wasn't really big but he was considered a heavyweight because he can take on the other heavyweights. You need guys that can fight the guys who aren't true goons like the Tuckers, the Averys, the Ruutus. Guys like that will never accept an invitation from BGL but if Henry approached them, they probably would fight him.

Old
02-04-2009, 05:46 PM
blarneylad

Don't forget we also have Ryan Flinn playing in Hamilton. He can drop em too.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
Laraque vs Henry:

Henry is more mobile.

Laraque can contribute offensivly, has way better stick handling. Henry can't keep the puck on his stick, seriously even when not moving . Henry would have difficulties winning a fight, i doubt he would ever win a fight against a legitimate heavy weight in the NHL.

I'd like Henry as a black ace during the playoffs though. He has zero skillz but he has heart, he's reliable defensivly, and must be somekind of a leader since he was capt'n in the league. But i wouldn't even consider giving Henry a chance over Laraque for a spot on the team.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote