HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia, Boston and SJ interested in Antropov

Old
02-02-2009, 09:53 AM
captainpaxil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
No, the salaries are a wash this season. And Antro will probably be playing for more money than Lupul next season. Lupul has more trade value than Antro. He's younger, has significantly more upside, and is signed long term.
i think thats actually the apeal in the offer. you gamble you can negotiate a deal for antro at under lupuls contract and pray he stays healthy enough to bring the production. if you can get antropov signed at 3.5 plus a second its a win for the flyers otherwise its a win for toronto.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
It sure adds quite a bit to a player's value if he has actually done something of note in his career. Nagy has two point-per-game seasons. It proves that he's accomplished something in the NHL. Antropov has done nothing of note in his career.
Yet, at the same age Antropov is in the NHL and Nagy is in the witness protection program.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:36 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Your point is silly and meaningless.

When another GM is looking at trading for Nik, they know they are trading for a player who produces at a 25-30 goal, 60-65 point type pace.

There is nothing "hypoethetical" about these numbers - this is how he has actually produced.
And he has produced at this level for not just 82 games, but over his last 170-180 games.

And yes, these GMs also understand that they are trading for a player with serious injury problems on his resume, but they also know that he hasn't had any kind of serious injury in a long while, and at this point isn't any more of an injury risk than most any other player they'd be trading for.

And, of course, one thing we know for sure is that there isn't any GM in the league who looks at Antropov as a trade possibility, and describes him in his mind as a "35 point guy".
Guy, you don't get. Until he puts up 60 points in a season...ever...then they are just hypothetical numbers. What's so confusing about that. Until Marco Sturm actually scores 30 goals, then he's not a 30 goal scorer. What you're describing is practically a verbatim definition of hypothetical, because you're making the claim that he's a 60-65 point guy even though he has never reached 60 points. And even in your hypothetical world, he's still on pace for less than 25 goals this year.

I'll repeat it. He might get a 1st round pick, although I think it's a overpayment. He might score 60, who knows. But until he does score 60, then guess what, he's not a 60-65 point guy. Until he tops 25 goals more than once in a 8-10 year career so far, then he's not a consistent 25-30 goal scorer. How difficult is this to understand. Your definition of Antropov is totally hypothetical because he has never done it, so I fail to see how my point is silly and meaningless.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:10 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
Guy, you don't get. Until he puts up 60 points in a season...ever...then they are just hypothetical numbers. What's so confusing about that. Until Marco Sturm actually scores 30 goals, then he's not a 30 goal scorer. What you're describing is practically a verbatim definition of hypothetical, because you're making the claim that he's a 60-65 point guy even though he has never reached 60 points. And even in your hypothetical world, he's still on pace for less than 25 goals this year.

I'll repeat it. He might get a 1st round pick, although I think it's a overpayment. He might score 60, who knows. But until he does score 60, then guess what, he's not a 60-65 point guy. Until he tops 25 goals more than once in a 8-10 year career so far, then he's not a consistent 25-30 goal scorer. How difficult is this to understand. Your definition of Antropov is totally hypothetical because he has never done it, so I fail to see how my point is silly and meaningless.
its a shame really. antropov is one of those guys who should have had a few great years but got hurt and now at 29 having 60 pt potential doesnt do him any good. veteran players are viewed on what theyve accomplished and he hasnt broke that barrier yet. hes obviously a talented player but hasnt capitalised on it. whatever anyone thinks of what he could do, results matter. hell probably make the smart play and sign a short term deal hoping his injury string is behind him and capitalise on the next if it pans out.

i put his return around that of vinny prospal last year. a nice prospect/young player and a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 03:12 PM
cmccallum

Boston's fine they don't need to make any moves.

cmccallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 04:09 PM
cneely

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus the destroyer View Post
Boston's fine they don't need to make any moves.
They have the cap room with Sturm on the shelf for the year, and I think one more scoring forward would make their top 3 lines ridiculously good.

Lucic - Savard - Kessel
Ryder - Krejci - Wheeler
Antropov - Bergeron - Kobasew
Axelsson - Yelle - Thornton / Nokalainen

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftbuffoon View Post
2010-2011 LEAFS ROSTER

cammalleri - duchene - nash cammalleri 3 yrs 13.5 mil nash 4 yrs 24 mil
d.sedin - h.sedin - antropov sedins - both 4 yrs 21 mil anto 4yrs 17 mil
ponikarovsky - grabovski - hagman
boogaard - moore - grier

bouwmeester - schenn bouwmeester 5 yrs 32.5 mil
pronger - finger pronger 5 yrs 35 mil
van ryn - white

POGGE
keep dreaming

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Zetsyuk
Farewell Nick.

This would be interesting... except Eklund mentioned it?

Zetsyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:40 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Eklund has Antropov rumored to NINE different teams!
I had an infraction about a month ago for saying that eklund was a moron. I don't know how it crossed my mind, I must've been completely drunk.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote