HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bo for Ryan Whitney + Draft Picks

Old
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
ashenhigh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
One never knows what information J-Bo's agent is providing to the Panthers. Perhaps, J-Bo has provided a list of teams that he is willing to sign with on a long term basis and the Penguins are top on the list. Who knows?
Crazy talk!!!

ashenhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
I think the problem with Bouwmeester is he wants to go to the UFA market. So it's not not that he doesn't want to re-sign with Florida, I think he won't re-sign with any team that trades for him either. And I agree somewhat with the sentiment of other poster, it wouldn't make sense for the Panthers to trade with the Pens and help them make the playoffs, while hurting your chances. But what if the Pens have put together the best package? Wouldn't it make sense in the long run for your teams success to take the best package.
Could be, although I don't agree. I think he values being on a playoff team more than money.

It would make sense in the long run for the Panthers' success to take the best package(assuming this is it), but this team has to make the playoffs soon. The Panthers, despite moving in the right direction, are losing fans, not gaining them. If you have a chance to watch a Florida home game sometime, look at the seats. We have fans(most importantly STH's) to worry about. Plus, we could definitely use the revenue we'd get from home playoff games. Also, if the Panthers keep missing the playoffs, then you have to start worrying about UFA's and our prospects looking at the organization as one to stay away from at all costs. JM was on Sportsnet hockeycentral today and when I think it was Kypreos who suggested if Bouw hasn't re-signed with the club by the deadline, then we have to trade him right? And JM said in so many words, not necessarily. It depends what we'd get back for him. He said this is a crucial season for our franchise and making the playoffs is probably priority number one.

So even if we did trade him, I think Martin would take a lesser package from someone else so as to not virtually knock themselves out of the playoffs while handing Pittsburgh a spot.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:52 PM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Put the drugs down. You think a signed Jay Bouwmeester = Evgeni Malkin? Maybe that's just you, but I would bet no one else thinks that. Jay Bo isn't a top 3 defenseman in the NHL, Malkin is aguably a top 3 player in the NHL and right now, the leader in pts. I like Jay Bo but he's grossly overrated at times on here, but then again, that's the norm.
It doesn't matter if a signed Bo = Malkin or not. My point is if the Panthers do manage to convince him to re-sign, he's not going anywhere as our franchise defenseman and likely a future Norris winner unless you're talking about another franchise player. Get it? A signed Jay is definitely > Whitney. Maybe the drugs are clouding your interpretive skills!

I do not believe Jay is overrated, though I agree that's the norm on this board. The guy is simply awesome. One of the best skaters in the NHL and he's starting to put everything together - the offense, the defense, etc. He finally has a decent team around him which doesn't hurt either, and hopefully convinces him to stay. I've watched Jay for years as a season ticket holder and this is by far his most dominant season. He's not a crusher like Phaneuf, and never will be, but he plays more like Lidstrom - solid positional defense and will take the man out of the play that way.

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Johnny Snake Eyes

same teams but different players, what about

malkin
for
j-bo
hortan
1st

thought

Johnny Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:00 AM
PenguinTommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Snake Eyes View Post
same teams but different players, what about

malkin
for
j-bo
hortan
1st

thought
Why the hell aren't you guys doing the proposals of trading Ovechkin???
Yes, because it's impossible to trade him..

So, please, stop doing those stupid proposals of trading either Malkin or Crosby !!!

Thank you !

PenguinTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Could be, although I don't agree. I think he values being on a playoff team more than money.

It would make sense in the long run for the Panthers' success to take the best package(assuming this is it), but this team has to make the playoffs soon. The Panthers, despite moving in the right direction, are losing fans, not gaining them. If you have a chance to watch a Florida home game sometime, look at the seats. We have fans(most importantly STH's) to worry about. Plus, we could definitely use the revenue we'd get from home playoff games. Also, if the Panthers keep missing the playoffs, then you have to start worrying about UFA's and our prospects looking at the organization as one to stay away from at all costs. JM was on Sportsnet hockeycentral today and when I think it was Kypreos who suggested if Bouw hasn't re-signed with the club by the deadline, then we have to trade him right? And JM said in so many words, not necessarily. It depends what we'd get back for him. He said this is a crucial season for our franchise and making the playoffs is probably priority number one.

So even if we did trade him, I think Martin would take a lesser package from someone else so as to not virtually knock themselves out of the playoffs while handing Pittsburgh a spot.
That's why I think a proposal from the Flyers of Lupul, Jones or Carle, prospect, pick would be a win/win for both teams (depending on the prospect). Florida gets a young 25 goal scorer to play the wing who is signed. They get a second pairing NHL defenseman who can play the PP. And some future players. This will help them in the future without totally killing their chances of making the playoffs this year.

The Flyers will bolster their blueline for a Cup run and free up enough cap space to re-sign Bouwmeester.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:52 AM
duncanmac12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I hope this doesn't happen. Whitney is good, but I'd much rather keep JayBo than trade him. If we were forced to trade him, I'd want offense coming back.
well the romoured offer from the Oilers is their 1st Sam Gagner and possible Dustin Penner

duncanmac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:58 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanmac12 View Post
well the romoured offer from the Oilers is their 1st Sam Gagner and possible Dustin Penner
DEAL, even though Id rather have Cogliano. As long as Edmonton takes Mclean to get some salary back. Those two forwards give the Panthers four contributing lines, and Martin would only have to add a Dman somehow, and we would be MUCH improved! Heck, the Oil could have Matthias and a 2nd for Vishnovsky.

Cogliano
Penner
Vishnovsky
2010 1st rounder

for

Bouwmeester
McLean
Matthias
2009 2nd rounder

Thats my offer.

Booth - Horton - Cogliano
Stillman - Weiss - Frolik
Penner - Kreps - Zednik
Dvorak - Cambell - Peltonen

Vishnovsky - Ballard
McCabe - Boynton
Skrastins - Cullimore

Sorry for being homerish, but that team goes deep in the playoffs IMO. Four lines that can contribute, with our 4th line being one of the best in the league.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanmac12 View Post
Where exactly does this "rumoured offer" come from? This is the first I've seen of this particular rumour.

Gusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

seriously i think the penguins dont want to participate in the draft anymore

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
That's why I think a proposal from the Flyers of Lupul, Jones or Carle, prospect, pick would be a win/win for both teams (depending on the prospect). Florida gets a young 25 goal scorer to play the wing who is signed. They get a second pairing NHL defenseman who can play the PP. And some future players. This will help them in the future without totally killing their chances of making the playoffs this year.

The Flyers will bolster their blueline for a Cup run and free up enough cap space to re-sign Bouwmeester.
That's not a bad trade. It would help us out more this season than just Whitney.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote