HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick you are currently using?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2009, 02:28 PM
  #101
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
most arenas have team stores that sell game used stuff and sometimes the game used things are from 4th liners and guys that aren't all that popular...that are actually not bad. I saw a Michael Roszival stick for $75 at the Garden.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 05:01 PM
  #102
#2eddieshore
Registered User
 
#2eddieshore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England / Montréal
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
what stops people from intentionally snapping sticks in the first 30 days if they dont like it?

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 08:03 PM
  #103
cptjeff
[insert joke here]
 
cptjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,510
vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
what stops people from intentionally snapping sticks in the first 30 days if they dont like it?
The fact that they'd get the exact same thing from the warranty?

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:23 AM
  #104
OprtnShtdwn
Registered User
 
OprtnShtdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 288
vCash: 500

In my short time at this site... that might be the stupidest question i've heard here ever. Why would you purposedly break your stick? I'm pretty sure that people on here don't use 15 dollar sticks.

OprtnShtdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 11:42 AM
  #105
raganblink
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR15 View Post

In my short time at this site... that might be the stupidest question i've heard here ever. Why would you purposedly break your stick? I'm pretty sure that people on here don't use 15 dollar sticks.
1. you are pissed off.
2. you are pissed off.
3. you are pissed off.
4. there is something that doesn't feel right about it.
5. you are pissed off.

I've broken so many 200 dollar sticks because I was upset at myself or at someone else it isn't funny. I've probably broken 2000 dollars worth of equipment because I was upset. Fortunately most of them were under warranty so I just sent them in.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 12:01 PM
  #106
TBLfan
Registered User
 
TBLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
And it's stupid crap like breaking your sticks on purpose that cause stick prices to skyrocket. Thanks GUY.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 01:10 PM
  #107
raganblink
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mexico
Country: Balearic Islands
Posts: 118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
And it's stupid crap like breaking your sticks on purpose that cause stick prices to skyrocket. Thanks GUY.
actually it is because that the retailer you are buying from needs to sell it at 35-40% markup. the dealers to the stores need to make 5-10%. and the company needs to make a lot of money off of the stick.

if hockey was more popular, they could mass produce more, and than sell it to dealers cheaper than they can sell it to retailers chearper. however a very good thing has happened with hockey sticks recently, they have achieved pretty much the limit on weight. until some big break through comes, sticks wont get lighter than 400 grams. therefore they don't need to invest so much in R&D, and then therefore they wont have to sell their sticks for so much to recoup their R&D losses. give it time and the price of the sticks will drop.

raganblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 01:55 PM
  #108
Rabbit
Captain Cook
 
Rabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Bay California
Country: United States
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Warrior Dolomite Draper 100 flex
thing is a whip

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 04:18 PM
  #109
TBLfan
Registered User
 
TBLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by raganblink View Post
actually it is because that the retailer you are buying from needs to sell it at 35-40% markup. the dealers to the stores need to make 5-10%. and the company needs to make a lot of money off of the stick.

if hockey was more popular, they could mass produce more, and than sell it to dealers cheaper than they can sell it to retailers chearper. however a very good thing has happened with hockey sticks recently, they have achieved pretty much the limit on weight. until some big break through comes, sticks wont get lighter than 400 grams. therefore they don't need to invest so much in R&D, and then therefore they wont have to sell their sticks for so much to recoup their R&D losses. give it time and the price of the sticks will drop.
Actually, you're wrong. The companies making the sticks have to charge more because of the amount of warranty replacements. Why do you think pro stock sticks cost less? Because they don't have a warranty. It actually cost more to make the same model for pros but since there is no warranty, they don't have to cover their cost on the extra stick.

There is also certainly much R&D to be done. You can always make something better... Right now they're battling to get ahead of everyone else in performance and advertising because everyone has a lightweight stick.

AND even if they weren't doing R&D, why would they lower prices? They have to cover many expenses, including warranty replacements and it all boils down to making a profit. Look at Warrior, they're selling 10 year old sticks for more than their competitors newest innovations. Warrior has innovated one thing in their high-end sticks, "spyne."

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2009, 06:56 PM
  #110
OprtnShtdwn
Registered User
 
OprtnShtdwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 288
vCash: 500
I doubt you just decided to break your stick for no reason. Like your skating and said "oh the hell with it, **snap**"

OprtnShtdwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
  #111
Backlund60
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Nike Bauer One50, 87flex Lindros curve
Warrior Domomite, Robitaille curve
unsure on flex been cut down before I got it second hand

Backlund60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:40 AM
  #112
Qubax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Nike/Bauer One 95, 87 Flex. Best stick I've ever owned. I think Ovechkin is using this stick now...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:42 AM
  #113
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
Sherwood stick, Paul Coffey curve. Classic.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 11:46 AM
  #114
cptjeff
[insert joke here]
 
cptjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC.
Country: United States
Posts: 8,510
vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
Nike/Bauer One 95, 87 Flex. Best stick I've ever owned. I think Ovechkin is using this stick now...
A lot of people have said a lot of good things about that stick.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 08:11 AM
  #115
briner19
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Easton Synergy SE16, Sakic curve, 85 flex.

Always used the ST before and was hesitant on getting the SE16 on durability issues but it has performed way better than the ST and is still going strong. I expected it to start fading away by now...

I was really tempted by the One95 but opted to stay with the Easton line.

*** I wanted to get the S17 but they didn't have my flex so I went with the SE. I've heard so many durability issues with the S17 that I'm glad I went this route.

briner19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 02:41 PM
  #116
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,198
vCash: 500
Easton Synergy ST grip 100 flex.

I love the Lindstrom curve, but could not find it anymore so I bought a Sakic (which I hate and I am trying to sell) and a Pro Stock, has no name on the shaft, but appears to a Drury.

I love a huge heel curve and a large loft on the toe, this one came closest.

So far, it is working pretty good.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:10 PM
  #117
TBLfan
Registered User
 
TBLfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
I believe the Getzlaf is the new Lidstrom.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
  #118
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
I believe the Getzlaf is the new Lidstrom.
Yeah, I heard that too.

If they had a ST with a Lidstrom at the price I paid, I would not have hesitated. I would have maybe even bought two.

This is an end of line, last year model liquidation thang. You get what ya get.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 05:54 PM
  #119
beardedgraf
Registered User
 
beardedgraf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 706
vCash: 500
tps adrenaline control whip flex, morrow

i got 9 of them last year for free, i love them

beardedgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:37 PM
  #120
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Just got Easton Synergy Elite (Drury, 100flex) and love it.

At this point I would sell/give away more than a dozen of various sticks (many brand new) I currently own. No way I will ever get back to them.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
  #121
Stefan It Up
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedgraf View Post
tps adrenaline control whip flex, morrow

i got 9 of them last year for free, i love them
Sell any of them?

Stefan It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 10:22 AM
  #122
iceman17
 
iceman17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Just got Easton Synergy Elite (Drury, 100flex) and love it.

At this point I would sell/give away more than a dozen of various sticks (many brand new) I currently own. No way I will ever get back to them.
Now when you say give away...do you mean like i pay for shipping and get 1st choice?

iceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:50 PM
  #123
simnorm
Registered User
 
simnorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Just started playing again, make fun of me

Old heavy stick from ~1992:
Bauer Lithium LSS Aluminum S flex
with Titan C.Lemieux and A.Daigle blades

2 weeks ago I bought this junk, it's a wet noodle
Easton S5 shaft 80 flex 34$

This evening I bought
TPS Response R2 Nash R Flex OPS 40$

I almost bought a Sherwood RM5 for 40$ instead but the TPS felt stiffer...

simnorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:00 PM
  #124
Danglous
Registered User
 
Danglous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Nike/Bauer One90 shaft with a Warrior Johnson blade haha

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
  #125
browntown
 
browntown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Was using an s17 until it broke. Before that though an rbk 3k (i think) wood stick

browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.