HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Asking Price for LeCavalier as per Spector

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
  #1
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 50
The Asking Price for LeCavalier as per Spector

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....cles&Itemid=55

24HEURES.ca: Serge Forgues reports the Tampa Bay Lightning’s supposed asking price for Vincent Lecavalier from the Montreal Canadiens was Carey Price and Alex Kovalev.

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
  #2
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,610
vCash: 500
Ya..that's what they want for Vinny..a young goalie and an upcoming prima donna UFA that will almost certainly not want to resign..
In other words, it's heads up for Price, Mike Smith isn't that bad either so I have a hard time believing this.

Asking for Markov made sense, this makes very little sense.

Kriss E is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
  #3
Dripper
Registered User
 
Dripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Posts: 2,392
vCash: 205
Kovalev would be in that deal only to solve Montreal's salary cap issues. But even without a salary cap I wouldn't do Lecavalier for Price. I'm not sold on Halak and we don't have any other goaltender in our prospect list that has NHL potential.

Dripper is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
  #4
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,765
vCash: 500
I would give up Price and Kovalev for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. Kovalev takes stupid penalties and hardly shows up. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them. The Habs need to tweak this team. We have no real goal scorers and too many soft players. We need to be looking at next year or the following year because this team is going nowhere as it stands with what we have. Bob needs to bring in some toughness and a player like Vinny.


Last edited by LastRide: 02-04-2009 at 08:53 PM.
LastRide is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
  #5
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I would give up Price for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be
**** man he's a second year goalie, of course he lets in the odd weak goal or may be a bit streaky at times.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:53 PM
  #6
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 640
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
**** man he's a second year goalie at the age of 21, of course he lets in the odd weak goal or may be a bit streaky at times.

Pr3Va1L is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
  #7
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I would give up Price for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them. The Habs need to tweak this team. We have no real goal scorers and too many soft players. We need to be looking at next year or the following year because this team is going nowhere as it stands with what we have. Bob needs to bring in some toughness and a player like Vinny.
Prior to his injury this year, Price was in a groove and he gave up on average 2 goals per game. This allowed the Habs to win consistently. Coming back from his injury, the timing and synchronization was a little bit off. But he will get his timing back. Getting a franchise goalie is always a better investment than a franchise forward.

JustAHabFan is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
  #8
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I would give up Price for Vinny. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them.
Superstars? You really think so? I say both are a product of a very good defensive system and the players in front of them playing it to perfection...

Also....I would prefer having Price on the Habs than Vinny...Sure he "might" not turn out to be the goalie we all think he will turn into but what if you trade him and he turns out to be even better..Price is about as close as you have on the Habs right now that is untouchable...

sheed36 is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
  #9
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
**** man he's a second year goalie, of course he lets in the odd weak goal or may be a bit streaky at times.
He might never be the superstar goalie thats expected of him. Maybe he will, maybe not. The question is do you wait and see or go with Vinny. Pick your poison, but I would try my luck with Vinny because you can always pick up a good goalie.

LastRide is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
  #10
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Kovalev would be in that deal only to solve Montreal's salary cap issues. But even without a salary cap I wouldn't do Lecavalier for Price. I'm not sold on Halak and we don't have any other goaltender in our prospect list that has NHL potential.
What if they gave us Mike Smith in return and we tossed in a mid-level prospect?

TO TAMPA
Alex Kovalev
Carey Price
Mathieu Carle

TO MONTREAL
Mike Smith
Vincent Lecavalier

As good as Price is, the deal doesn't make much sense. Smith has been pretty equal to Price this season.. Playing for Tampa his stats are very, very respectable.

Bad Natey is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
  #11
Lord Horse
Next Day's News
 
Lord Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Full City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I would give up Price and Kovalev for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. Kovalev takes stupid penalties and hardly shows up. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them. The Habs need to tweak this team. We have no real goal scorers and too many soft players. We need to be looking at next year or the following year because this team is going nowhere as it stands with what we have. Bob needs to bring in some toughness and a player like Vinny.
My god this is so ****in stupid I just have to quit.

Lord Horse is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
  #12
otto bond
Registered User
 
otto bond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Prior to his injury this year, Price was in a groove and he gave up on average 2 goals per game. This allowed the Habs to win consistently. Coming back from his injury, the timing and synchronization was a little bit off. But he will get his timing back. Getting a franchise goalie is always a better investment than a franchise forward.
This!

otto bond is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
  #13
Chehabi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
I wouldn't even do Price for Lecavalier straight up. Price wins games.

Chehabi is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
  #14
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Superstars? You really think so? I say both are a product of a very good defensive system and the players in front of them playing it to perfection...

Also....I would prefer having Price on the Habs than Vinny...Sure he "might" not turn out to be the goalie we all think he will turn into but what if you trade him and he turns out to be even better..Price is about as close as you have on the Habs right now that is untouchable...

The sad thing is some people do think they are superstars.Thats the point I am getting at. You don't need a superstar goalie to win the cup. If you play sound on defense and get the scoring up front all is well. I real good goalie might win you a few games but if you have no team in front of you its all for nothing in the end. Once Price's contract is up. Do you want to start paying him 6-7 million a year or use it for something else ?.

LastRide is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 09:09 PM
  #15
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi View Post
I wouldn't even do Price for Lecavalier straight up. Price wins games.

Agreed

Lecavalier is great but if my choice is between trading for a guy with a ridiculous 10-11 year contract or keeping a potential 21 year old franchise goalie it's a very easy desision.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline  
Old
02-04-2009, 09:13 PM
  #16
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
The best
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 58,896
vCash: 567
Closed thread.

This is NOT a legit source. 24 is nothing more than garbage newspaper distributed in the subway here.

There is nothing to see here.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.