HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Asking Price for LeCavalier as per Spector

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
The Asking Price for LeCavalier as per Spector

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....cles&Itemid=55

24HEURES.ca: Serge Forgues reports the Tampa Bay Lightning’s supposed asking price for Vincent Lecavalier from the Montreal Canadiens was Carey Price and Alex Kovalev.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Ya..that's what they want for Vinny..a young goalie and an upcoming prima donna UFA that will almost certainly not want to resign..
In other words, it's heads up for Price, Mike Smith isn't that bad either so I have a hard time believing this.

Asking for Markov made sense, this makes very little sense.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Dripper

vCash: 205
Kovalev would be in that deal only to solve Montreal's salary cap issues. But even without a salary cap I wouldn't do Lecavalier for Price. I'm not sold on Halak and we don't have any other goaltender in our prospect list that has NHL potential.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:47 PM
LastRide

I would give up Price and Kovalev for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. Kovalev takes stupid penalties and hardly shows up. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them. The Habs need to tweak this team. We have no real goal scorers and too many soft players. We need to be looking at next year or the following year because this team is going nowhere as it stands with what we have. Bob needs to bring in some toughness and a player like Vinny.

Last edited by LastRide: 02-04-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old
02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I would give up Price for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be
**** man he's a second year goalie, of course he lets in the odd weak goal or may be a bit streaky at times.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
**** man he's a second year goalie at the age of 21, of course he lets in the odd weak goal or may be a bit streaky at times.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
I would give up Price for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them. The Habs need to tweak this team. We have no real goal scorers and too many soft players. We need to be looking at next year or the following year because this team is going nowhere as it stands with what we have. Bob needs to bring in some toughness and a player like Vinny.
Prior to his injury this year, Price was in a groove and he gave up on average 2 goals per game. This allowed the Habs to win consistently. Coming back from his injury, the timing and synchronization was a little bit off. But he will get his timing back. Getting a franchise goalie is always a better investment than a franchise forward.

Old
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
sheed36

Quote:
I would give up Price for Vinny. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them.
Superstars? You really think so? I say both are a product of a very good defensive system and the players in front of them playing it to perfection...

Also....I would prefer having Price on the Habs than Vinny...Sure he "might" not turn out to be the goalie we all think he will turn into but what if you trade him and he turns out to be even better..Price is about as close as you have on the Habs right now that is untouchable...

Old
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse View Post
**** man he's a second year goalie, of course he lets in the odd weak goal or may be a bit streaky at times.
He might never be the superstar goalie thats expected of him. Maybe he will, maybe not. The question is do you wait and see or go with Vinny. Pick your poison, but I would try my luck with Vinny because you can always pick up a good goalie.

Old
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper View Post
Kovalev would be in that deal only to solve Montreal's salary cap issues. But even without a salary cap I wouldn't do Lecavalier for Price. I'm not sold on Halak and we don't have any other goaltender in our prospect list that has NHL potential.
What if they gave us Mike Smith in return and we tossed in a mid-level prospect?

TO TAMPA
Alex Kovalev
Carey Price
Mathieu Carle

TO MONTREAL
Mike Smith
Vincent Lecavalier

As good as Price is, the deal doesn't make much sense. Smith has been pretty equal to Price this season.. Playing for Tampa his stats are very, very respectable.

Old
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
I would give up Price and Kovalev for Vinny. The Habs can pick up a veteran down the road. Price looks great one game and average the next. He has a habit of letting in some real weak goals at times. I know he's still young but he might never be the goalie he was expected to be. Kovalev takes stupid penalties and hardly shows up. The Goalie is as good as the team in front of you. Just look at Boston. All of a sudden their goalies are superstars now. Why?, because the team in front of them. The Habs need to tweak this team. We have no real goal scorers and too many soft players. We need to be looking at next year or the following year because this team is going nowhere as it stands with what we have. Bob needs to bring in some toughness and a player like Vinny.
My god this is so ****in stupid I just have to quit.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:01 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
Prior to his injury this year, Price was in a groove and he gave up on average 2 goals per game. This allowed the Habs to win consistently. Coming back from his injury, the timing and synchronization was a little bit off. But he will get his timing back. Getting a franchise goalie is always a better investment than a franchise forward.
This!

Old
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
I wouldn't even do Price for Lecavalier straight up. Price wins games.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:07 PM
LastRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Superstars? You really think so? I say both are a product of a very good defensive system and the players in front of them playing it to perfection...

Also....I would prefer having Price on the Habs than Vinny...Sure he "might" not turn out to be the goalie we all think he will turn into but what if you trade him and he turns out to be even better..Price is about as close as you have on the Habs right now that is untouchable...

The sad thing is some people do think they are superstars.Thats the point I am getting at. You don't need a superstar goalie to win the cup. If you play sound on defense and get the scoring up front all is well. I real good goalie might win you a few games but if you have no team in front of you its all for nothing in the end. Once Price's contract is up. Do you want to start paying him 6-7 million a year or use it for something else ?.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi View Post
I wouldn't even do Price for Lecavalier straight up. Price wins games.

Agreed

Lecavalier is great but if my choice is between trading for a guy with a ridiculous 10-11 year contract or keeping a potential 21 year old franchise goalie it's a very easy desision.

Old
02-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
The best

vCash: 567
Closed thread.

This is NOT a legit source. 24 is nothing more than garbage newspaper distributed in the subway here.

There is nothing to see here.

Closed Thread