HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anybody want anything on Pitt

Old
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Jaded-Fan

vCash: 500
Kind of an overreaction by the OP. If the Pens do not look like they are going to make the playoffs I could see about three or four fringe players being moved. Especially soon to be UFA players. Players like Boucher, Ruslan Fedotenko or Mark Eaton come to mind. Maybe Sykora as a rental who would resign with us in the offseason. If anything more significant happens then you are looking at Staal or Whitney. That is about it.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 02:40 PM
ABud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
How many cups has that won them in the past 40 years? I'd much rather see my team put a decent team on the ice (whilst being stable off it) than dressing what the Leafs call an "NHL team" and post massive profits.

Hockey fans cheer for the wins, not the dollars.
That wasn't the point was it. He put Malkin more valuable than that organization, I was merely pointing out that is not the case. Furthermore if you had that money would your views be the same. Would you want to be clearing that kind of cash or want Malkin?

ABud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Willy View Post
Besides Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury the whole team is available at the deadline. COuld we get anything?
I severly doubt it.Despite their current state, I expect them to be well into playoff contention, or at least not far enough out of it to trade away assets for prospects.

octopi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Zal

Quote:
Besides Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury the whole team is available at the deadline. COuld we get anything?
Sure, man, I'll take your team, add a couple of solid wingers and a goalie, then rum 'em to the cup.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:35 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
no. let pitt rot in hell
Are you an Islander fan by any chance?

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:44 PM
decadentia

I really don't think you are going to see a fire-sale whatsoever. With less injuries to key players and slightly different luck they would be in playoff contention right now. This coming from a Flyers fan, who really wishes it weren't true . Unfortunately for all, the Pens are going to be a thorn to all of our sides for many years to come with the core they have.

Also, if you are going to propose trades, at least assess their needs. Offering a 2nd/3rd line center for one of their D is ridiculous. Also, you may not want to lowball for Staal, considering he will be one of their best trading chips.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:02 PM
angelgirl77

Quote:
You are sadly mistaken...I would love to know where you get your information or is this some brilliant insight on your part.

angelgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

What's the going price for Brooks Orpik?

Dallas could use a defensive defenseman. Or a guy like Letang.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:17 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
I really don't think you are going to see a fire-sale whatsoever. With less injuries to key players and slightly different luck they would be in playoff contention right now. This coming from a Flyers fan, who really wishes it weren't true . Unfortunately for all, the Pens are going to be a thorn to all of our sides for many years to come with the core they have.

Also, if you are going to propose trades, at least assess their needs. Offering a 2nd/3rd line center for one of their D is ridiculous. Also, you may not want to lowball for Staal, considering he will be one of their best trading chips.
By "best" do you mean "only"?

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
River Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
What's the going price for Brooks Orpik?

Dallas could use a defensive defenseman. Or a guy like Letang.
It's just a fan making up a proposal. I don't think either are available.

River Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:34 PM
SkullSplitter

this thread is stupid
Pens don't need to blow up the team. Their problems are so greatly exaggerated.

If they're still out of it come deadline they can sell off a few rentals for picks and prospects, but I think it would be pointless to overpay for a winger when there will be some nice ones available UFA this summer, and Caputi may be ready for a fulltime NHL job next season.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Kind of an overreaction by the OP.
Typed in the midst of the Pens losing, predictably.

NHL GMs are not bi-polar, even if some on HF are. They do not typically react...and over-react.

As this season starts to wind down, it will be fun sport to observe droves of fanboys quit on their non-playoff (and sometimes even playoff-bound) teams.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:51 PM
Zal

I'm cracking up at this thread. Dude, Pittsburgh is two shakes of a lambs tail from being a CUP contender again.

They could do it, the way they are now, if their goalies get hot. Maybe one or two tweaks at the deadline max.

Zal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:52 PM
In The Flesh

Paul Bissonnette for Petr Prucha

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Biz Nasty
Cooke 4 Lady Byng

I don't forsee the Pens being sellers, I still think we can raise the Titanic-like season we are having. However, if we do sell it's most likely going to be pieces that hardly anyone is going to want (Satan, Boucher, Eaton, Dupuis, etc.). The only valuable piece we would possibly deal, assuming we are sellers at the deadline, would be Sykora, and even then I can't see us bringing in too much. In that case, I think we would hold our bigger trade pieces (Whitney, Staal, GoGo) until draft day or the offseason.

However, I really think we are going to turn it around and hop on Geno's back until the deadline and Shero can get some new pieces into the puzzle to push the guys into the playoffs.

Biz Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrakaLangKovy View Post
I would trade anyone but Crosby.
I am glad you are not our GM.

If Shero would trade Malkin he would be the laughing stock of the league. Malkin is leading the league by 10 points to Crosby and he is going to be much better in a few more years. When you look at his physique compared to other top players like Crosby and AO it is a big differance. Those guys are not going to get much stronger or bigger. If Malkin gets in the weight room he is going to add atleast 15 pounds of muscle to his frame and more likely twice that. He has so much more room to develop in that area and if he does watch out. I also think he has more raw talent than either Crosby or AO who are the other 2 of the big 3 in the NHL. I really feel his development is much less finished than them even though Crosby is the youngest of the 3. To me AO is about as good as he is going to get and I am starting to think Crosby might not get much better either although he will get back to his 120 point or more ability when he has a healthy season. Malkin can be a 160+ point player in a couple years and if he is on your trading block then you might want to think about that logic.

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote