HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does our team even care?

Old
02-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Does our team even care?

After the loss last night, I only saw a few mad players. Mara, Zherdev, and Henke to name a few. On the opposite end, you go Captain Careless, Gomez, Naslund who celebrate's goals as if his dog died. They barely show any emotion out there. I miss the teams that played with heart...

Last edited by Ih8theislanders: 02-04-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

This sure isn't the 05-06 Rangers where every single player played like they had something to prove (which they did). I remember that season all they talked about game in and game out was the work ethic of the players on that team. How they never quit not even for a second.

These guys seem like they don't care until they're about to lose the game. I'm not sure if they don't like playing for Renney (which some of Naslund's comments at times feel that way) or if these guys just are a group of players that are lazy as s*** until they're about to embarrass themselves. This team seems like it loses less from lack of talent and more because they just don't give a s*** until it's too late.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
McMonster

im sure they care... are you kidding?

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
im sure they care... are you kidding?
What? You mean you didn't see the video of Gomez and Drury celebrating the loss in the locker room? I heard they burned a Graves jersey too.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:05 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
What? You mean you didn't see the video of Gomez and Drury celebrating the loss in the locker room? I heard they burned a Graves jersey too.
yeah that was awesome! they <3 losing so much!!!

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
They don't care enough to do that.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Maybe if Zherdev wasn't the only naturally talented forward on our roster, everyone would look like they cared a little bit more

not sucking so much does wonders for many things

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:45 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Zherdev almost killed Naslund after his goal last night in celebration and Naslund wanted no part in it.

Took me back to the beginning of the season when Z, Dubi, and Voros would hit each other harder during celebration than they would the other team during the game.

I loved it.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
Zherdev almost killed Naslund after his goal last night in celebration and Naslund wanted no part in it.

Took me back to the beginning of the season when Z, Dubi, and Voros would hit each other harder during celebration than they would the other team during the game.

I loved it.
Considering the things Naslund's been saying, and observations like these, I wouldn't be surprised if Sather gunned him at the deadline and replaced him with another similar player.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Considering the things Naslund's been saying, and observations like these, I wouldn't be surprised if Sather gunned him at the deadline and replaced him with another similar player.
He didnt looked thrilled after the goal the other night cause he was pissed it took them that long to score.

You guys are just making this soap opera up, you say it likes its fact

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He didnt looked thrilled after the goal the other night cause he was pissed it took them that long to score.

I concur.

He had fire in his eyes after that goal. You could tell he was pumped. And he backed off of Z cause he wanted to clock someone....lol.

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:32 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

fire renney and watch this team take off.

guys like gomez, zherdev, dubinski, freddie and voros are all characters in their own way.

all have a flair and a slight goofiness to them. gomez with his smirk. zherdev with his dangle and post goal excitement. dubi with his goofy faces and emotion. fred is whacked. and voros is just goofy. period. but all have some personality.

someone said he remembered the Z dubi voros line jumping on each other when they scored. i remember that too and i loved it. now what do we have?

renney has sucked the excitemtn from this tram and made them robots. i miss guys like barnaby, avery and even shany had some flair. now its plain vanilla boring.

it was no coincidence that this team took off last season with the arrival of sean avery's emotion and spark. none at all. he did something to this team that got them going. hes gone, so is our emotion and quite frankly, our swagger.

get rid of doctor defense please.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:05 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I remember a quote somewhere from sometime after Naslund signed about him talking about how he liked how the team was looking to play a more up-tempo style and all this other stuff. I remember all summer long how all we heard about was this new up-tempo style that Renney had been dying to implement since he became coach.

I have a feeling that Naslund was told that would be the style this team would be playing when he signed. Now that the reality is setting in and the team dropped out of first place and is sinking by the week, he probably feels a little deceived and annoyed which is why we're seeing quotes like the ones he's been saying to the media lately.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:44 AM
In The Flesh

the team just doesn't have any juice

theres a reason most people liked the 05-06 season vs. any since then despite the better success in the standings/POs.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
If you had had a career in the NHL as long as Naslund's I dont think you would be freaking out about one goal. Players get older and more routined.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
PhlipDowt

Quote:

i couldnt agree more with this. it shows how much he does care.

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
After the loss last night, I only saw a few mad players. Mara, Zherdev, and Henke to name a few. On the opposite end, you go Captain Careless, Gomez, Naslund who celebrate's goals as if his dog died. They barely show any emotion out there. I miss the teams that played with heart...
while i agree with the majority of what you're saying, i can relate to naslund not celebrating. that goal didn't win us the game and he did what he was supposed to do.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Nick00

Captain Cash and the other overpaid veterans don't, and they've now created a culture of apathy which has spread throughout the entire team like a virus.
Having Tom Renney as a head coach certainly doesn't help, either.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:36 PM
PavelBure9

What do you want this team to show exactly? Do we want them to throw sticks like John Torterella used to and get mad everytime something wrong and awry happens? Do we want screamin and yelling and each other because I'm sure that will help a team too. It's a rough stretch and the reason why we loved the NYR of 05-06 was because there was team that was not expected to do almost anything and they wound up in the playoffs. This team like every team does care about the W's and the L's. You don't think Drury, who was a lifelong Ranger fan growing up, wants to succeced in the place where he has adored since he was a little kid? How about Gomez, who left the system that he knew to come here, doesn't care? Just because they don't show emotion doesn't mean they don't care. They probably are killing themselves right now. Redden, who came from a system from Ottawa of which he knew everything, cares so much, but what are you going to do, cry, start a fight? I know this team needs sandpaper but showing emotion is more then showing broken sticks and fighting in the lockerroom

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
This sure isn't the 05-06 Rangers where every single player played like they had something to prove (which they did). I remember that season all they talked about game in and game out was the work ethic of the players on that team. How they never quit not even for a second.
When this team started the 08-09 season I think they believed and knew that they didn't have the super star potential of other teams and because of that worked their ***** off. This team had GOOD WORK ETHIC to start this season. They played hard every shift.

It seems like the players have cared less and less as the season goes on. Their work ethic certainly isn't the same. It should fall onto the captain and coach for motivating the players. In that respect I don't think either are doing their job.

Another problem with the team is the system Renney implements. Look at 05-06, 06-07, etc; The Rangers played a pretty high scoring system with Jagr, Nylander, Straka, Rucinsky, etc; etc; etc; Look at how Jagr and co. performance and production dipped with the a heavy and I mean heavy defensive structure implemented? You have players like Naslund and Zherdev who should be playing in a completely offensive minded system strapped down to Renney and his defensive game. When players don't get to play the way they want they're not happy. I think that has something to do with it too.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:15 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Nick00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinetti 34567 View Post
What do you want this team to show exactly? Do we want them to throw sticks like John Torterella used to and get mad everytime something wrong and awry happens? Do we want screamin and yelling and each other because I'm sure that will help a team too.
Um, yeah!
At least that way we'll know they still have some life left in them.

Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Balej20*

Quote:

We finally agree on something BN. I would have been more upset if Naslund celebrated like a kid scoring his first goal in Pee Wee. He should be pissed, as should everyone else. They shouldn't be celebrating wildly.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I really think that Renney is losing the team or something.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Cherepanisimov

Aside from a few players, they just don't look like they're having fun. That's why we are boring sometimes.(a lot)

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote