HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal

Old
02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
silly1118

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal

Hey whats up guys, Islander fan here....just wanted to post a thread on your board. Seeing as I dont post very often, I've been watching the Rangers alot lately and, It's evident that the Rangers are awesome on the D-front. They have trouble scoring....

So I was thinking of a trade proposal:

La Kings: D Bobby Sanguinetti
2nd Round Pick

NY Rangers: F Alexander Frolov

Thoughts???

silly1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM
D713B

Done. No backsies!

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
SML

Did you choose your own name, or did you get it after this proposal?

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Fataldogg

Yes. I would DEFINITELY do that. We have a good defensive core right now outside of Kalinin and Redden. Plus we still have Del Zotto in the works.

Frolov is a 35g 45a 80pt player if he can play a full season healthy. Even if he misses 20 games he'll still net you close to 30 goals and 60 points. Plus, he would bring a ton of much needed size to the Rangers front line. Big A+ trade in my book.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
jniklast

this is the wrong board, it's not a question for rangers fans, post it on the kings forum and watch the responses...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 06:58 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly1118 View Post
Hey whats up guys, Islander fan here....just wanted to post a thread on your board. Seeing as I dont post very often, I've been watching the Rangers alot lately and, It's evident that the Rangers are awesome on the D-front. They have trouble scoring....

So I was thinking of a trade proposal:

La Kings: D Bobby Sanguinetti
2nd Round Pick

NY Rangers: F Alexander Frolov

Thoughts???

done.

what about prucha and this years 1st rounder for dustin brown?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
silly1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Yes. I would DEFINITELY do that. We have a good defensive core right now outside of Kalinin and Redden. Plus we still have Del Zotto in the works.

Frolov is a 35g 45a 80pt player if he can play a full season healthy. Even if he misses 20 games he'll still net you close to 30 goals and 60 points. Plus, he would bring a ton of much needed size to the Rangers front line. Big A+ trade in my book.
hahaha....funny comment about the username

Fine, since it seems like people like this trade...lets revise it a little. Would you do:

La Kings: Bobby Sanguinetti, 2nd Rounder, Correy Potter

NY Rangers: Alexander Frolov

silly1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
The Rangers would do this deal every day of the week. The Kings, however, would never even consider this deal.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:

Fine, since it seems like people like this trade...lets revise it a little. Would you do:

It's getting a little tougher but I'd still do it.

Perhaps the Kings could trade Frolov and a 3rd for Sanguinetti, Potter, and a 2nd?

Trading two solid potential defense man bother me but Frolov is an excellent forward. And Frolov playing with Zherdev is a line that could have tremendous chemistry and actually be a legit first line. Plus, we'd still have Staal, Girardi, Roszival, Redden (unfortunately but he's not going anywhere with his contract) and Del Zotto coming up soon (I expect big things from this kid). Overall, outside of Redden, pretty solid defensive core still.

Old
02-05-2009, 07:17 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

Not Corey Potter

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:18 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
It's getting a little tougher but I'd still do it.

Perhaps the Kings could trade Frolov and a 3rd for Sanguinetti, Potter, and a 2nd?

Trading two solid potential defense man bother me but Frolov is an excellent forward. And Frolov playing with Zherdev is a line that could have tremendous chemistry and actually be a legit first line. Plus, we'd still have Staal, Girardi, Roszival, Redden (unfortunately but he's not going anywhere with his contract) and Del Zotto coming up soon (I expect big things from this kid). Overall, outside of Redden, pretty solid defensive core still.
and sauer if he can stay healthy, so yeah i'd do the second proposal still in a heartbeat

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

why this deal would fail

The LA Kings have the best crop of young defensemen in the league.

They have had somethng like 4 top 20 picks as dmen in the last 3 years. Because of this, there is no way they would need Sanguinetti

Teubert, Doughty, Hickey, and Johnson. Where does Bobby fit into that?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

They have had somethng like 4 top 20 picks as dmen in the last 3 years. Because of this, there is no way they would need Sanguinetti

He could be the best offensive defense men of those you listed. Sanguinetti has a lot of hype regarding his offensive potential. Adding another good defense man can't hurt. Of those, the only two that I'd say will definitely turn out excellent are Doughty and Johnson. But, admittedly, Sangs could turn out to be a complete bust. Thats the risk you take taking on young talent.

Old
02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Kings are stacked with fine young D men. Frolov a Ranger?

What does LA really need?

LA is a way under rated team I think they still have some stockpiled picks too.

02-05-2009, 09:41 PM
NYRSchrute217

If we got Frolov for Sangunetti and a 2nd I'd probably ***** my pants

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

LA is one of the few teams that would be able to take on Gomez or Druys cap hit

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
The Kings wouldn't do it... they'd be trading an 80pt. winger for nothing tangible. They probably wouldn't even do it for a 1st and Sanguinetti...

Plus, the Kings are way better than us in terms of young, talented D (quantity-wise). If we didn't have a draft like this one coming up, I'd trade a 1st and Dubinsky... and that probably wouldn't even do it.

Fortunately, other teams seem to overrate dawes, so maybe him and a 1st (keep in mind, our first is going to be devalued for the next few seasons, 'cause we're not a lottery team... though that might change at this rate).

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:42 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Counter: Dustin Brown for Jessiman

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:05 AM
gravytrain6t

That would be a Kings and Nashville trade that wouldn't happen.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Ice Hockey

man i'd love to see dustin brown as a ranger

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:00 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Not Corey Potter
lol.
Anyways, I would do that deal.

since we got a trade propsal thread (stick them all here? I don't go to the trade thread as much as I come here), would anyone do

Dubinsky + Prucha
for
Jordan Staal?

not saying it would happen since we're in the same conference but just wondering if anyone would do that. What if Jordan Staal was coming from a team out west?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:13 AM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
lol.
Anyways, I would do that deal.

since we got a trade propsal thread (stick them all here? I don't go to the trade thread as much as I come here), would anyone do

Dubinsky + Prucha
for
Jordan Staal?

not saying it would happen since we're in the same conference but just wondering if anyone would do that. What if Jordan Staal was coming from a team out west?
I personally would rather have Dubinsky than Staal. That may be just me though.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:38 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
There is no way LA does that trade, and it's not because LA won't move Frolov, it's because they have a ridiculous core of young, good defensmen. Johnson, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert, Quincy (who is nasty if you don't know about him) who are either already better than Sangs, or projected to be at LEAST as good, probably better than him. They don't need Sanguinetti to be their 6th best young defensman, and they certainly don't need Potter who has less of a chance making it in LA than he does in NY but a long shot.
Realistically, I would think it would take something like Gomez, NYR 1st and Korpikoski or something to net Frolov.

Frolov is better than Gomez
Frolov is younger than Gomez
Frolov is cheaper than Gomez

So, unless the Rangers really add something to make taking a worse (but not bad) player who is older and has an ungodly contract that the Kings could, but certainly do not have to take on, then there's no way they do it. For the Rangers to get a guy like Frolov we're going to have to overpay I believe, and because of this I just can't see us getting him. Sather signed Gomez and Drury for a reason, and that's to have them long term, and even though it was obviously a little over zealous at the time, he didn't sign these guys to long term deals in order to then move them a year and a half later. This isn't NHL 09 or a FHL simulator.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:50 AM
trademasterb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

I totally disagree. Teubert was drafted in 2008. He's proved nothing. He's still raw prospect. Hickey to me is starting to go the way of being a bust. He's now in his fourth year of the WHL and he's not getting better. I wonder if Kings fans realize that. It was extremely stupid of the Kings to take Hickey with the 4th overall pick. The fact they passed up Voracek is beyond moronic. As far as Johnson goes. What has he done? Answer. Nothing. He's been somewhat of a bust as well though I think in the long run he'll be pretty good.

As far as the Rangers go. They would not do this deal and I guarantee that. The emergence of Grachev would stop the Rangers from doing a deal like this. In case you haven't been watching, the PP is a disgrace as are the pointmen who play this. The number one need the Rangers have is adding a offensive defenseman who can play the point on the PP, shoot and actually get the puck through. Also, remember that the Pack are a pathetic offensive team this year. The fact that Sanguinetti has 26 points in his first AHL season despite that is pretty impressive.

Yes the Rangers need to add a scorer. No way they give up a PP QB in Sanguinetti who will be cheap for years in order to do that. Not a chance. Of the four defenseman mentioned above, Doughty is the kid who looks like the real deal. I've never watched Johnson and thought he was going to be a force. I'm almost at the point now where I don't even consider Hickey a prospect. When you don't dominate the WHL in your fourth year, you're not very good.

Last edited by trademasterb*: 02-06-2009 at 04:56 AM.
trademasterb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

You forgot to add that since the Rangers outbid everyone to get Gomez for free, meaning nobody wants to pay him the money we are, it means that he no value or very little value. We couldn't get a third round pick for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
There is no way LA does that trade, and it's not because LA won't move Frolov, it's because they have a ridiculous core of young, good defensmen. Johnson, Doughty, Hickey, Teubert, Quincy (who is nasty if you don't know about him) who are either already better than Sangs, or projected to be at LEAST as good, probably better than him. They don't need Sanguinetti to be their 6th best young defensman, and they certainly don't need Potter who has less of a chance making it in LA than he does in NY but a long shot.
Realistically, I would think it would take something like Gomez, NYR 1st and Korpikoski or something to net Frolov.

Frolov is better than Gomez
Frolov is younger than Gomez
Frolov is cheaper than Gomez

So, unless the Rangers really add something to make taking a worse (but not bad) player who is older and has an ungodly contract that the Kings could, but certainly do not have to take on, then there's no way they do it. For the Rangers to get a guy like Frolov we're going to have to overpay I believe, and because of this I just can't see us getting him. Sather signed Gomez and Drury for a reason, and that's to have them long term, and even though it was obviously a little over zealous at the time, he didn't sign these guys to long term deals in order to then move them a year and a half later. This isn't NHL 09 or a FHL simulator.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote