HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Met Andre Dore last night...

Closed Thread

Old
08-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Met Andre Dore last night...

for all those who remember, Andre was a defenseman in the late-70s and early-mid-80s for the Rangers. He's a real down-to-earth guy (I know a guy who's good friends with him). Still in good shape and doing well in his new profession (he's on Wall Street, which I've found is a common home for ex-athletes (I believe Rob McClanahan's the Head Trader at Think Equities and last I checked Gord Klusak's with the private client group at Goldman).

OK, enough of my useless information.

Old
08-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
for all those who remember, Andre was a defenseman in the late-70s and early-mid-80s for the Rangers. He's a real down-to-earth guy (I know a guy who's good friends with him). Still in good shape and doing well in his new profession (he's on Wall Street, which I've found is a common home for ex-athletes (I believe Rob McClanahan's the Head Trader at Think Equities and last I checked Gord Klusak's with the private client group at Goldman).

OK, enough of my useless information.

Thats cool Fletch, unfortunately i remember those Ranger teams he played for.

Old
08-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Fletch

That's pretty much what I said to him...

when introduced to me, of course I said unfotunately I'm currently a Rangers fan, and unfortunately I was then too.

Old
08-12-2004, 04:28 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
when introduced to me, of course I said unfotunately I'm currently a Rangers fan, and unfortunately I was then too.
lol, but i dont even know who the guy is, let alone ever heard of him. anyway where did u meet him?

Old
08-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Fletch

At a bar in the City...

I actually knew I was going to meet him since a friend of mine told me an ex-Ranger named Andre Dore will be there then - she knows him through her father who knows him very well (is that convoluted enough). I got pretty excited, of course. The man drinks Bud out of the bottle...a man after my own heart...

Old
08-12-2004, 09:28 PM
DarthSather99

I think George McPhee worked on wall street as a broker during off season's when he was with the Rangers....

Old
08-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Edge

You see it alot in front office people as well.

Not GM's and other high profile positions, but support staff who simply dont have a lot of work during those times. They still get paid their full salary, but it's a good way to make extra income.

Closed Thread