HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sbisa has been reassigned (Feb. 2, 2009 -- post #176 with quotes)

Old
02-03-2009, 12:02 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Shouldn't be that hard. Attendance isn't exactly breaking any records around here. And just a head's up, the Hawks just raised ticket prices. The cheap seats are now $14.25 (if you pay cash, $14.75 with a card). Not sure what they're thinking raising prices in the middle of another losing season AND a 10 (11 now?) game losing streak. Anyway, have fun if you go. I'll be working that night.

p.s. at least Luca gets to return to the WHL for what should be an almost automatic win.
Your new avy slays me.

Went on ahead and ordered up seats in section 1, hopefully the Hawks manage to put up a fight.

six sigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
IrishSniper87

I don't know how returning Sbisa really saves on the cap. How do you replace a minimum guy with something cheaper? Now we have to call up someone else if there is an injury.

From a development perspective, I think it is Sbisa's time to play some more juniors until he is AHL eligible.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
I understand what your saying. But can you explain where I made bold? I'm not quite sure what you mean, loose two dmen in the playoffs.
injury

see 2004 conf finals and last year, and for good measure 2000, 1987, 1976

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
kicksave27

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I don't know how returning Sbisa really saves on the cap. How do you replace a minimum guy with something cheaper? Now we have to call up someone else if there is an injury.

From a development perspective, I think it is Sbisa's time to play some more juniors until he is AHL eligible.
it's a move that doesn't require wavers or trading. And if there is an injury, they can call Parent up. Who I really really like as a stud shutdown guy.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
it's a move that doesn't require wavers or trading. And if there is an injury, they can call Parent up. Who I really really like as a stud shutdown guy.
I really like Parent also, but I'm all for Parent next fall if you know what I mean. He will inevitably replace one of Alberts or Vaananen

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 12:47 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
injury

see 2004 conf finals and last year, and for good measure 2000, 1987, 1976
Ahh, okay I hear ya and I agree. Thanks for clearing that up!

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
If they have to recall guys for injuries, other players with higher salaries will be on IR.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:16 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

For one, he doesn't have to be replaced since he's just been taking up a beat writer's seat. For two, he makes roughly 300k more than the minimum.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
For one, he doesn't have to be replaced since he's just been taking up a beat writer's seat. For two, he makes roughly 300k more than the minimum.
Funny thing is, he probably makes more than Lethbridge's coach. I don't know that for a fact, but I can't imagine a coach in the WHL (whose name isn't Don Hay... and even then...) making more than $850k a year.

Guess who's picking up the tab for the team meal before playing Portland tomorrow??

edit: they should make him take the team to Jake's Famous Crawfish.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:35 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

1 goal (overtime winner) and 2 assists in his first game back. He's going to be a force.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 12:46 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
1 goal (overtime winner) and 2 assists in his first game back. He's going to be a force.
I was just about to post this. Figures that Portland finally score some goals, and still can't pull out the win. Oh well. Good for Luca.

Old
02-05-2009, 12:50 AM
ELab2

Quote:
Funny thing is, he probably makes more than Lethbridge's coach. I don't know that for a fact, but I can't imagine a coach in the WHL (whose name isn't Don Hay... and even then...) making more than $850k a year.

Guess who's picking up the tab for the team meal before playing Portland tomorrow??

edit: they should make him take the team to Jake's Famous Crawfish.
yeah I'd say that's definitely correct, pretty funny too

ELab2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 03:22 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

I was in Portland for this game, great to see him rack up 3 points including the gwg.

Just as importantly, they played the **** out of him. Sbisa was in on every instance of special teams and certainly played top-pairing minute 5 on 5 (can't find the stat). He also blew up Max Brandl with a big hit along the boards, knocking him out for the second period.

The only downer was that he was on the ice for all three of Portland's goals.

Old
02-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
That's great! Thanks for the update.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:06 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
I was in Portland for this game, great to see him rack up 3 points including the gwg.

Just as importantly, they played the **** out of him. Sbisa was in on every instance of special teams and certainly played top-pairing minute 5 on 5 (can't find the stat). He also blew up Max Brandl with a big hit along the boards, knocking him out for the second period.

The only downer was that he was on the ice for all three of Portland's goals.
Good to see you were able to get into the game.

Must've been cozy in the Coliseum with all those people.

Old
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I think scoring a goal will be best for his confidence. I think he was pressing a bit here to get one, or get the puck on net at least, that he wasn't making the correct decisions with the puck.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:
Good to see you were able to get into the game.

Must've been cozy in the Coliseum with all those people.
Yeah, all 1,700 of us. Definitely the smallest turnout for a Hawks game that I've been to.

Small as the crowd was, it was funny listening to fans shout insults at Kyle Beach. Also fun to see Boychuk and Carter Ashton as well as Sbisa.

Old
02-06-2009, 05:34 PM
chaosof99*

Luca Sbisa has been on WHL This Week. You can download the audio episode for free here, it's episode #19 of February 5th. It's not much though. Just a three minute interview. Then again, when is an interview with a hockey player really interesting?
Also the moderator of the show doesn't know how to pronounce his name. He calls him Sebitza or something. Thank god he didn't conduct the interview.

Due to his stint in the NHL he seems to be getting top billing from the WHL now. The preview article for the game against the Thunderbirds tonight is "THOMAS HICKEY AND THE SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS HOST LUCA SBISA AND THE LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES LIVE ON SHAW and FSN NORTHWEST" (caps by them, not me). Of course the pic for them is the classic two player vs. picture format with Luca on the left and this Hickey guy on the right.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:22 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Luca Sbisa has been on WHL This Week. You can download the audio episode for free here, it's episode #19 of February 5th. It's not much though. Just a three minute interview. Then again, when is an interview with a hockey player really interesting?
Also the moderator of the show doesn't know how to pronounce his name. He calls him Sebitza or something. Thank god he didn't conduct the interview.

Due to his stint in the NHL he seems to be getting top billing from the WHL now. The preview article for the game against the Thunderbirds tonight is "THOMAS HICKEY AND THE SEATTLE THUNDERBIRDS HOST LUCA SBISA AND THE LETHBRIDGE HURRICANES LIVE ON SHAW and FSN NORTHWEST" (caps by them, not me). Of course the pic for them is the classic two player vs. picture format with Luca on the left and this Hickey guy on the right.
Well crap on a stick. I forgot to set the DVR.

Old
02-07-2009, 04:04 AM
chaosof99*

Lethbridge lost 4-7 to Seattle. Luca had a primary assist but was -2 for the evening :/

Old
02-09-2009, 11:53 AM
chaosof99*

Two games for Lethbridge this weekend. On Saturday they won 5-4 against the Everett Silvertips. Luca without points but 2 PIM for interference early in the game. Everett did not score on the ensuing power play. Luca was also even in the +/- department.

However, that was followed with a 2-5 loss to the Tri-City Americans yesterday. At least Luca got an assist, even though he was -2 for the game :/

Old
02-11-2009, 12:05 AM
panayiotis

see ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by koh19 View Post
Found this on a swiss website. Link is in french:

http://www.planetehockey.com/news_detail.php?id=10515
The kid needs to grow into his body. In a perfect world. He finishes his junior career. Plays a bit in the minors. Then he plays 15 years for flyers. He was beeing abused*. He needed to go down.

panayiotis is offline   Reply With Quote