HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

1-2-2=unsatisfactory Results

Old
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Mitchy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
I have been a huge proponent of opening up the style a bit. Im not saying we have to run and gun. Im not saying forget about defensive responsibilities. I just think this team is built to play more of an aggressive style. There is no reason we can not step up on the forecheck. If you watch the first 13 games of the season, they had at least a some what aggressive forecheck. In turn they were 10-2-1. This team is completely capable of putting on a forecheck and keeping chances down. Also, remember, if we pick up the forecheck we will be playing in the offensive zone more, therefore making it harder for the opponents to get chances, being in their own zone. If the team plays hard and smart they can make a forecheck work. Plus it will be at least somewhat entertaining. And not put people at the games to sleep.
And draw more penalties...which means even more less time in the D zone. Some think playing more aggressive=increase in goals against...That is not necessarily true. The opposition may have more chances due to this, but lets not forget who we have in net. When on his game, the Rangers can afford to be a little risky, or up there forecheck a little.

The bottom line is right now this team is not only having issues scoring goals, this team is having issues generating offense or putting them in a better position to score goals. The Rangers need to get back to being more aggressive

Mitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Am I missing something? Is this a typo? 3-4 is a football defense. If this is a hockey strategy of some kind, please enlighten me.
It's a joke my friend... a joke

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
It's a joke my friend... a joke
Gotcha. A little or might have keyed me in on this. Here I am thinking that guy was retarded or something.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Ice Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
1-2-2 = 0 goals

They've played a 2-1-2 and have had success at scoring and keeping the puck out of the net, this seems like the rational way to forecheck.
100% agreed, sir. it's as simple as that.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote