HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Info on Logan Couture and other info....

Old
02-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Info on Logan Couture and other info....

Frenchie Habs fan here (sorry for my english, I'll do my best).....

I'm so a draft maniac that I'm recording games that I don't have time to watch live in order to have some opinions on the prospects that will be drafted in the upcoming draft. So that game was on TV on Sportsnet and I just watched it yesterday. Wow is not even good enough to explain his performance. I wasn't a fan of his during his draft year, but in that game, he demonstrated what the Sharks saw in him. His 2 goals especially the first one was scored 'cause of a devastating wrister, I didn't his wristers were so hard and precise. Just below the crossbar, from the slot, I had thought for a second that it would have made a hole in the net to explain how hard it was. The other goal was from the circles, goalie might have been screened, but that shot was hard and precise again.

His assists were probably even more impressive. One where he was battling hard in front of the net and had the IQ to acknowledge that his teamates was better positioned for a shot than he was, giving him the puck for an open net. The other was great 'cause he showed his speed and willingness to win a foot race. A pass from his d-man that was deflected near the red line from another teamates that ended up behind the red line of the opponent's goal, just beside the net. A footrace started between Couture and a d-man, but then the goalie realized that his d-man was getting beat. He then tried to play the puck by leaving his net a little but Couture beat him and pass in front of the net where a teamates was and scoring on a goalie who still probably wonders what the heck just happened.

On top of that, he played a physical game most of the time, let just say that he had probably a more quiet 1st period. But after that it was all Couture. Tavares scored a great goal with a couple of nice moves, but Couture was more of a complete hockey player. I was totally impressed. Like I said, I see a lot of games in the Q, NCAA, OHL, WHL either through TV or the net 'cause I'm a draft maniac....but I have to say that this performance, was a top 5 performance I've seen from a player this year and against a great team like London as well.....

On another note, I just want to say that I met 2 women from San Jose during the All-Star break who wanted to have their picture taken beside a Sharks jersey who was inside a block of ice (close to the Bell Center, they have all the jerseys from every team in a block of ice) and they seemed to be really nice ladies....Needless to say, I don't think they liked the weather too much.....and I understand them, like I told them, it was cold for us, imagine for people who doesn't experience that weather too much......

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season!

P.S. You can put it in the prospects thread after, I just thought to put there as a new thread first....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Sounds good that he's playing that well now, hopefully he doesn't get trainwrecked by injuries again.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Lars Bjorn

Thanks for taking the time to drop your perspective on us. Logan had some troubles with injuries, etc., after he was drafted, and if he finds all the success he is capable of it will be a good story and well deserved.

Lars Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Artful_Dodger*

Who are some players who have had success at the NHL level after going through similar concussion problems at the junior level as Couture? I know the CHL is a little wild, but if the kid's bell is getting rung against teenagers to such an extent that doesn't bode well when playing against bigger, stronger competition.

I'm not saying he doesn't have the skill to play in the NHL, but there are a lot of people who would tell you Mike Morris has the skill to be an NHL player.

Artful_Dodger* is offline   Reply With Quote