HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere Update -- could return Friday

Old
02-04-2009, 12:20 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
If Briere was done for the season, I hate to say it, but that'd be great. We have a strong team again this year, and if he was out we wouldn't have to move anyone, which is my preference at this point in time.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
I should also note that i thought this thread was about Briere watching the new season of Lost when i glanced over real quick.
lol.

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:36 AM
BigBanger

God I hate this guy and its the Forsberg crap all over again, he is to small and Fragile for this NHL he gets moved around out there like a 14 YO girl. I wish they would trade him , all that money for What?

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:43 AM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
God I hate this guy and its the Forsberg crap all over again, he is to small and Fragile for this NHL he gets moved around out there like a 14 YO girl. I wish they would trade him , all that money for What?
Flame on.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
For last years only 30 goal scorer? for 1 of the 2 players with over 70 points? Maybe for the leading scorer for us in the playoffs last year? If hes not on the team we dont get through the Washington series that he dominated.

How soon we forget that he flat out puts points on the board.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:02 AM
BigBanger

please ....he played well for first two series playoffs, **** bed against pitts spent rest of time injured. Not worth trouble and drama that having a player In & out of roster brings to team. dollar value against what we have consistently is not worth it IMHO

Old
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
I think the way this Flyers team is playing right now, we need Danny back more than ever and I can't wait until his return

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:34 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
The 14YO girl has the most playoff goals since the lockout. That's what.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 11:53 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
please ....he played well for first two series playoffs, **** bed against pitts spent rest of time injured. Not worth trouble and drama that having a player In & out of roster brings to team. dollar value against what we have consistently is not worth it IMHO
Yea and our offense is doing awesome these past couple games

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
So dominating a series in washington then following it up with another good one against Montreal then playing poor against Pitt along with the rest of the flyers team, makes him no good?

If you want to say hes not worth his cap hit thats fine. He might not be worth 7 million a year but that doesnt mean he isnt good.

Nowhere in your first comment did you say hes not good for the price. You said you hate him and he gets tossed around like a 14 year old girl and you dont want him on the team...which is stupid.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:34 PM
BigBanger

Ok so lets just keep him around for his huge Cap hit so he might play Possibly well in most playoffs games and crap out rest of year... we call that players without dollar value ,guys like that most likely wind up with Rangers uniform on and Is big reason why Phila has been without cup since the early seventies... lindros, Forsberg, Dupita, amonte, coffey, Markoff, Alex Dague, Chris gratton all player we could use your argument for all Bums......see a pattern here when you dont learn from your mistakes your doomed to repeat them.

Old
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Ok so lets just keep him around for his huge Cap hit so he might play Possibly well in most playoffs games and crap out rest of year... we call that players without dollar value ,guys like that most likely wind up with Rangers uniform on and Is big reason why Phila has been without cup since the early seventies... lindros, Forsberg, Dupita, amonte, coffey, Markoff, Alex Dague, Chris gratton all player we could use your argument for all Bums......see a pattern here when you dont learn from your mistakes your doomed to repeat them.
There's no "might" about it. The dude shows up to play in the second season every year. I call that a player WITH dollar value. The rest of the year doesn't even matter as long as the team makes the playoffs.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
BigBanger

There's no "might" about it. The dude shows up to play in the second season every year. I call that a player WITH dollar value. The rest of the year doesn't even matter as long as the team makes the playoffs.

Big deal never carried a team to championship always cronic stomach tears issues whatever keep pinning your hope on Danny girl this will be another nothing year for phila and if they dont smarten up you will be having same conversation next year with this .

Old
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Big deal never carried a team to championship always cronic stomach tears issues whatever keep pinning your hope on Danny girl this will be another nothing year for phila and if they dont smarten up you will be having same conversation next year with this .

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Go tear your groin and see what happens, you try coming back from that

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
Motion seconded.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Miss Mess

Miss Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I can feel my brain melting away and seeping out of my ears from reading some comments in this thread.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Quote:
Maybe we should get rid of...
Carter
Richards
Gagne
Lupul
Hartnell
Knuble
Timonen
Biron
Coburn
Carle
and everyone else that hasnt won a cup?

Old
02-06-2009, 03:49 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
I didn't realize I was dealing with a second grader who hasn't yet learned punctuation. Would you just go away a sit in the corner quietly if I gave you a cookie?

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Teezax

We are a better team with him in the lineup, especially in the playoffs.
Anyone who thinks different is crazy.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Mota

Ive never been a big briere supporter...but they seem to be missing him as of late. Its always nice to have a player like him that can generate a quick goal in a game they are trailing to get them back in it.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I didn't realize I was dealing with a second grader who hasn't yet learned punctuation. Would you just go away a sit in the corner quietly if I gave you a cookie?
Always count on CSC to drop in with one of those!

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang

God, people have such short memories. Granted I do hate Briere's contract...and who doesn't, besides Danny himself. But to argue that he doesn't bring anything to the team is just straight retarded. Briere makes our Peco Powerplay easliy twice as efficient. And like most have already alluded to, he is a fantastic playoff performer. We don't go to the ECF without him.

Holmgren wanted a quick change after our dreadful season, and he payed the big bucks to get it done. I'm just glad we aren't stuck with 3 miserable contracts from that season like the Rangers are with Drury, Gomez and Redden (actually Redden was this past offseason).

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguins871 View Post
briere < forsberg < crosby

goguins<Troll

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote