HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Help with stick curves please :)

Old
02-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Saved*

vCash: 500
Help with stick curves please :)

Hi. I just bought a CCM Vector Joe Thornton curve wooden stick and I'm trying to find out if that same curve has a different name in a different brand of stick.

Does anyone have any experience with this curve, and which company makes the best composite with this curve? All I bought was a wooden stick as a backup as I broke my other backup, and I love it, and wouldn't mind picking up a composite stick with this curve if there is one. Preferably a high end stick though, have nothing but problems with the cheaper composites.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
DevilsFan38

Why not just get a higher end CCM OPS or blade/shaft combo with the Thornton curve?

I think the Sherwood Coffey curve is similar, though I don't think that will help you much.

DevilsFan38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:37 PM
ShootIt

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-HSPLUSS.html

Haven't tried one though.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
pcgflyers12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HURAKAN View Post
Hi. I just bought a CCM Vector Joe Thornton curve wooden stick and I'm trying to find out if that same curve has a different name in a different brand of stick.

Does anyone have any experience with this curve, and which company makes the best composite with this curve? All I bought was a wooden stick as a backup as I broke my other backup, and I love it, and wouldn't mind picking up a composite stick with this curve if there is one. Preferably a high end stick though, have nothing but problems with the cheaper composites.
i have the exact same stick. you can shoot an AMAZING wrister.

pcgflyers12* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 01:31 PM
xstartxtodayx

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsFan38 View Post
Why not just get a higher end CCM OPS or blade/shaft combo with the Thornton curve?
My thoughts exactly... and you can get a top of the line CCM for $99 right now from epuck
http://www.epuck.com/ccm08v10stksr.html

I'm not a CCM stick guy or I'd pick one up myself, I've heart nothing but great things about the V10.

xstartxtodayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgflyers12 View Post
i have the exact same stick. you can shoot an AMAZING wrister.
Man.. Amazing is an understatement. I think my whip/wrist shots are harder than my slap shots with this stick. It's that crazy. I'm pretty sure I'm firing them over 70 MPH.. I know my slapshot and I can shoot over 80 with my other stick, but it seems that the shots are harder and much faster with this. It's the way the puck just flies off the stick... it's insane.

Old
02-07-2009, 12:42 PM
Saved*

So much for the euphoria of finding a stick that is awesome... just broke it in my second skating session, only 5 minutes in.