HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Does our team even care?

Old
02-07-2009, 10:31 AM
RinkOnEStreet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
umm you do realize he let up three goals in the first period? Thats not exactly great. Maybe because he was only averaging giving up 9 goals and not 10? with that said Its not just on the goaltender when you give up 10 goals. But, he didn't play well and should be as much to blame as the rest of the team minus Gomez. Who gave away 2 goals when the game was actually close.
Take away those 2 of those 3 first period goals and pin them squarely on Scott Gomez. He committed hockey's mortal sin by playing with the puck in his own crease and then dicked around at center ice to give the Stars another goal on a silver platter. This win is squarely on the head of the Rangers "leadership". Gomez, Drury, Redden, Naslund and Renney.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 10:40 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragshockey88 View Post
this team is under the impression that they r just given a spot in the playoffs...they stopped caring, forgot how to score, and play like they r at funerals...the only thing bright about this season is the red light behind our goalies from getting lit up so much by other teams

this team has no heart and soul its pathetic
to forget how to score they had to know how to score to begin with.

The team is aware that home ice would be nice, I really don't think that's it. They're just in a rut and when things go wrong things go wrong.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Take away those 2 of those 3 first period goals and pin them squarely on Scott Gomez. He committed hockey's mortal sin by playing with the puck in his own crease and then dicked around at center ice to give the Stars another goal on a silver platter. This win is squarely on the head of the Rangers "leadership". Gomez, Drury, Redden, Naslund and Renney.
This.

Come on, Nyrvana, haven't you seen The Mighty Ducks 3?

"WHERE'S THE ONE PLACE YOU NEVER WANT TO PLAY THE PUCK?"--- Coach Orion

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
I didn't see the game to be quite honest, after talking business with Dallas management I took a quick plane ride to the Gulf of Mexico for a short fishing trip.
-Glen Sather

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Renaud68

I am an avid board poster for about a year now, but i finally decided to sign up last night. I am honestly questioning why I am a Rangers fan anymore. I am from Edmonton Alberta, and i get badmouthed all the time for being a Rangers fan. I think Glen Sather really **** the bed, i liked our squad when we had the whole nylander/jagr thing with shanny and when prucha had some confidence.

I realize shanny is pretty much done now, but i still believe we should have resigned him, same with JJ, my all time favorite player. It bothers me that Sather just goes after any free agent he can get his hands on. We had a good euro east west puck control team, and he turned it into a lifeless boring team with minimal talent.

I wish i could have seen the Zheredev - Dubi -JJ line.

There was a reason Redden was on the trade block for 2 years in Ottawa and we go ahead and give him a NMC. couldn't beleive it. I feel like he doesnt even want to play.

Anyways im just disapointed, because i grew to love this franchise, i watched almost every game on centre ice last 2 years. Now its boring hockey with minimal talent and I have no reason to be a fan anymore.

Renaud68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:43 PM
char521

I retract my previous post, they might not care at all.

char521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Have watched the vast majority of Ranger games well over 3 decades and can't remember seeing a more embarrassing pathetic performance than that.

And I really tried.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote